Mello's Mystery Seed Party Cups Grow - 2nd Grow

Sure, just curious as I'm just trying to keep up with your grow Mello.

looking real good:thumb:

I got worried there for a minute lol. Glad your here by the way. I'll coin the term "Collective Learning".

Update

Baby Greens Day 11

Baby Greens is doing fantastic. New growth looks good, color is good, behavior is responsive and happy, drinking up her water, and loving her new home. I can see the topping she had heal pretty quickly and it looks like some new growth is coming in. I did notice the smaller leaf sets on the fan leaves are growing oddly though. I'm not sure if its bad genes or heat or something... help?!?!

IMG_79463.JPG

IMG_79513.JPG
IMG_79504.JPG
IMG_79484.JPG

Rootie Day 6

Rootie the runt has some reddish yellow spots on her. I'm assuming nute burn from the base soil. Her cot got her color back. She's been a bit slow but new growth looks healthy and strong.

IMG_79494.JPG

New Life Day 2

New life looks pretty good and healthy nothing to report really. Stable growth to date. Her veins are a bit yellow, not sure if it means anything...?

IMG_79473.JPG

It has sphagnum peat, various forest products, coir, yucca, and some worms. After a little research, the leaves on rootie look like a potassium deficiency. Next watering will have low dose of nutes to help with that. Can anyone interject before I make a mistake....?

Usually between 68 and 80 F. It might be PH, I use tap water. I don't have anything to adjust PH unless there is a homemade method which I can't seem to find anywhere. Today the leaves for baby greens are curling even more.

Today the leaves for baby greens are curling even more

That's even more worrisome. Curling is usually over N.
Tap water and no knowledge of it's PH.... could be a very wide range. Have you looked at the official public reports water utils give about their water? It's usually a very thorough report, tho the water at your tap can be significantly different depending on infrastructure.
Find a way to get a better handle on your ph. It's probably one of the most important issues in my book tho somewhat less in soil grows.
The N issues I assume are coming from hot soil. I always flush new soil pots a few times before I use it.
If the over N'd baby were mine... I'd flush her. Flushing can always bring on over watering issues of course because one doesn't usually wait for the soil to dry before flushing.

you can get a PH test kit for like 5 bucks at any fish/pet shop or a grow store which ever is closer. There are household items you can use to either raise or lower your ph also. Lemon juice is one such thing. though I have found it is not very stable and when yo use it, add just a few drops at a time per gallon, like everything, a little goes a long way. Nice looking plants Mello though I am guessing any issues you are having at this juncture in time are PH related.
If you flush, just wait till the next time you water which should be when the pot is light and dry, then pour in a minimum of 3 times the volume of water as the pot. For example if you are using a 1 gallon pot you would pour through 3 gallons, then allow it to drain completely. When nothing else comes out the bottom of the pot, water it like you normally would, again it will drain out a lot. Allow it to drain another 30 minutes and you will be back to normal with a flushed medium. When al the soil is saturated it can only hold a set amount of water, so when you pour in the 3 times the volume you are washing all the salts and excess available nutrients out and starting fresh. Use PH'd water when doing this also. since you are trying to resolve a PH induced issue.

Hope that helps you a little.
Again the girls look lovely :thumb:

Well, I got some distilled water and flushed her. She looks better, deformed leaves at the top but the new growth is looking fantastic. Thanks for the help everyone :Namaste: :passitleft:

When should I start LST'ing???

What sort are you planning on dude ??

Any particular style, or like my previous efforts, bend it and go with the flo... Im more a function over form kinda guy

Just asking mate, wondered which way you thinking

:Namaste:

I was thinking simply pulling her over on her side a bit. She's only about 6 in tall right now and about 6 inch wide.

Fair play mate, making her look like she fainted is a good start.... You will then see the top turn back towards the light... New growth will come out of the stem, new braches can then be bent over, until you wanna flip her to flower

:high-five:

now dont you pull to hard now :laughtwo:

:rofl:

Fair play mate, making her look like she fainted is a good start.... You will then see the top turn back towards the light... New growth will come out of the stem, new braches can then be bent over, until you wanna flip her to flower
:high-five:

I just got done bud. I'll post up some pics now, let me upload them to the gallery.

Update

Baby Greens Day 13

Well, I lst'ed took a pic now so I can document the before and afters. I had a good time doing this, cant wait for the next batch of training.

IMG_79626.JPG
IMG_79614.JPG
IMG_79605.JPG
IMG_79593.JPG
IMG_79584.JPG
IMG_79573.JPG
IMG_79564.JPG

Rootie Day 8

Slowly but surely....

IMG_79646.JPG

New Life Day 4

Doing great!