Medscientist's Outdoor Lab 2024

Haha sorry medscientist... your whole journal is gonna be pictures of our cats.
Sometimes that is funnerer than watching Grass grow! ❤️
i see you have a journal with the Turface going sweet this i need to see i'll catch up, did you get the Turface from a store or borrowed on a none returnable basis from a baseball field ? Lol!
I prefer to get it from a Lanscape company, but now I see you can order it on Amazon! Shed thinks I should go and drop seeds at the local parks, or something?

Time to get the smoker ready for a couple low and slow overnight Briskets!

❤️ My neighbors will probably enjoy the smell of Brisket vs the usual Skunk smell coming from my yard!

20240910_234813.jpg

Looking forward to dinner tomorrow! ❤️

Oh Goodness! ❤️

Being my third time smoking Brisket, I have to say I Nailed it this time! ❤️ Watching all those videos paid off!

I forgot to take a picture of my plate tonight, but I was pretty tired from checking on the smoker all night. All in all, it took 16 hours to smoke, then 2 hours resting. Then after dinner, I portioned out meals for the Mrs. & I, and then vacuum sealed for the freezer. I saved 3 bags of chunks and crumbs for special meals! ❤️

Plants got topped off in the tent, still need to check on the clone.

I turned the ViparSpectra xs1500pro up to 75% @ 20 inches. Still trying to learn this LED panel before I start my fall grow.

Mainly trying to figure 2 things...
1- settings to entice stretch?
2- settings to limit stretch?

Learning how to train the plants using lighting is a Very Valuable tool! ❤️

Hi MedScientist, You're the third person lately to mention they wanted to "entice" stretch. The concept is foreign to me, not that it's wrong, I just haven't thought of it that way. Is there a guide or some reading that has you wondering? I'd be interested! Thanks!
I haven't read up on it yet, but just Googled it and there is plenty to read.

I usually veg with t-5s. With t-5's, you can control stretch by adjusting the height. The LED's also have an intensity setting from 5 to 100% which complicates control. For instance, you can get similar ppfd at the canopy from 50% @ 12 inches, as you can from 75% @ 18 inches (just an approximation), but depending on thickness of canopy, penitration will be different between settings.

I probably should work @ 50%, noticing the effects at different heights, before learning how the different intensities change the effects on the plants?

I started the seeds for my Outdoor Tent grow late in February. Knowing it was gonna take time to sex and reveg, I was able to keep them short by running 25% to 50% nutes, higher distance with the t-5 light, topping, pinching, LST.... etc.

In Flower (outside), you can see the difference between plants grown in a shaded environment or direct Sunlight. You can see a Huge difference in growth and Budding from all those Incredible grows we have in Cali vs mine.

Knowing how to Tweak the light at different stages to influence growth is just as valuable as knowing when and how much to Defoliate to control the plants growth and structure. ❤️

I haven't read up on it yet, but just Googled it and there is plenty to read.

I usually veg with t-5s. With t-5's, you can control stretch by adjusting the height. The LED's also have an intensity setting from 5 to 100% which complicates control. For instance, you can get similar ppfd at the canopy from 50% @ 12 inches, as you can from 75% @ 18 inches (just an approximation), but depending on thickness of canopy, penitration will be different between settings.

I probably should work @ 50%, noticing the effects at different heights, before learning how the different intensities change the effects on the plants?

I started the seeds for my Outdoor Tent grow late in February. Knowing it was gonna take time to sex and reveg, I was able to keep them short by running 25% to 50% nutes, higher distance with the t-5 light, topping, pinching, LST.... etc.

In Flower (outside), you can see the difference between plants grown in a shaded environment or direct Sunlight. You can see a Huge difference in growth and Budding from all those Incredible grows we have in Cali vs mine.

Knowing how to Tweak the light at different stages to influence growth is just as valuable as knowing when and how much to Defoliate to control the plants growth and structure. ❤️
I noticed that they get closer nodes in veg when the light's turned up. The brighter, the closer. What you said sounds like fun to try! Have fun making science!

Today's Lemonade brought to you by...
Flying Carpenter Ants.

1726329525857.png

I noticed them the other day on some Budz, so I Nuked around the outside of the Tent with Double strength Insecticide Poison. They won't damage the plant, but it won't be the same as smoking tiny mites!

They are pretty easy to pluck off, but I may try using a vacuum cleaner for quicker progress. ❤️

EXACTLY! ❤️

ALL learning is FUN! I am just trying to Interpret the Science for MY benefit! ❤️
Just keeping the brain up and running, plus all the best weed on the planet!
Today's Lemonade brought to you by...
Flying Carpenter Ants.

1726329525857.png

I noticed them the other day on some Budz, so I Nuked around the outside of the Tent with Double strength Insecticide Poison. They won't damage the plant, but it won't be the same as smoking tiny mites!

They are pretty easy to pluck off, but I may try using a vacuum cleaner for quicker progress. ❤️
It was flying ant day here two days ago! Buggers are just a PITA!

I'd take aphids over those any day! :eek:
Well, the vacuum cleaner didn't work! So, Pluck and Squeeze was the method I used! As I was finishing up, I noticed a swarm of new ones near the corner of the tent crawling up from the ground trying to get in. I ran and got the Bug spray and doused the ground around the tent again. Or should I say... flooded around the tent!

I probably have more to Pluck here and there, mostly the plant closest to the door was covered, now clean!

@InTheShed Is there a reason you would prefer Aphids? Just curious if there is something i dont know about them?

Tonight, I think I will add some VODKA to my Lemonade, and call it a Temporary WIN! ❤️

Well, the vacuum cleaner didn't work! So, Pluck and Squeeze was the method I used! As I was finishing up, I noticed a swarm of new ones near the corner of the tent crawling up from the ground trying to get in. I ran and got the Bug spray and doused the ground around the tent again. Or should I say... flooded around the tent!

I probably have more to Pluck here and there, mostly the plant closest to the door was covered, now clean!

@InTheShed Is there a reason you would prefer Aphids? Just curious if there is something i dont know about them?

Tonight, I think I will add some VODKA to my Lemonade, and call it a Temporary WIN! ❤️
have you tried this for the ants?
make a mixture of one part dish soap to two parts water, along with several drops of peppermint oil

Back
Top Bottom