Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

So bad for your last unsuccessful grow experience. Hope next time it will work out well. :Namaste:
it didn't work for me, but it might work for you. I wouldn't go from 300+ watts of fluorescent lighting to a 60x3w led light. please create a grow journal and send me an invitation.

You can go with the 300w light, but if money allows, I would suggest the 400w light. :circle-of-love:
Hello,
as I can see, there are many ppl with a lot of experience with the LEDs writing to this thread. I have a question: What LED would you recommend for my grow area: 2x2x5? I like the 100x3W because of the power vs. price. Will it be enough or overkill? I am currently using 250w HPS but the temperatures are not good.

P1070482.JPG
I am happy your plants like our light. :cheer:
hey dude im working with the same space as you 2'x2'x5' tent and bought the 100x3w led light it will work i just think training will help it alot. im gonna be training my plants with LST, deflo, scrog, to keep them short and bushy running indica only. and it will cover my space and keep temps down. running hps in a size like that is hard unless have cool tube
Thanks Hiker. :high-five:
It's not about how many LEDs you have. They are all 3W LEds in all the reflector series. You need the distance to get the light to spread. If you can manage to keep your canopy very even (like +-2-3"), you might get away with the 12" I said is a minimum.
When you look at the specs for these lights, you see a coverage estimate. That is based on the recommended light height. If you put the lights closer, you reduce that footprint.

The reason we're recommending the reflector series is the 3W diodes don't penetrate as well, but you don't need that with a scrog. Also, the reflectors do an awesome job of spreading the light without a lens which makes them very efficient.

As far as the size of the lamp, I'm an advocate of getting the smallest size lamp you want and then get as many as it takes to cover your area, ie more small lights instead of one large one.

Yours space is 'vertically challenged', so you're going to have to adapt. You need a low profile and wide container for your roots/media. Get your scrog as low as possible. Make as many nodes at the screen as you can, then defoliate early into flower to minimize any stretch. You might be OK.

A Mars II 400W would do well in that space.

You did your research WJ. :cheesygrinsmiley: Thanks, we had a really good time. :circle-of-love:
Some info on the Chinese New Year.

Chinese New Year celebrations, also known as the Spring Festival, in China start on the 23rd day of the 12th lunar month of the Chinese calendar. The festival lasts for about 23 days, ending on the 15th day of the first lunar month in the following year in the Chinese calendar.

What People Do
Many people clean their homes to welcome the Spring Festival. They put up the red posters with poetic verses on it to their doors, Chinese New Year pictures on their walls, and decorate their homes with red lanterns. It is also a time to reunite with relatives so many people visit their families at this time of the year.

In the evening of the Spring Festival Eve, many people set off fireworks and firecrackers, hoping to cast away any bad luck and bring forth good luck. Children often receive "luck" money. Many people wear new clothes and send Chinese New Year greetings to each other. Various activities such as beating drums and striking gongs, as well as dragon and lion dances, are all part of the Spring Festival festivities.

Public life
The Spring Festival is a national holiday in China. Government offices, schools, universities and many companies are closed during the period from the Spring Festival Eve to the seventh day of the first lunar month in the Chinese calendar. However, some enterprises such as banks often arrange for workers to be on shift duty. Public transport is available during the Chinese New Year period.

Happy Spring Festival Sara!

WJ

Info from TimeandDate dot com

Thanks Equanimity. :high-five:
I put an order in last night and it's still processing. I think I missed the window. This will push my next harvest into June. gutted lol
:volcano-smiley: :cheesygrinsmiley:
i know i feel the same way i missed my window too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dont worry, we are back now, your light will be shipped out very soon, it might have been shipped out. :cheesygrinsmiley:
really hope mine don't take that long man, my little girls are fairly ready for big school lol

:circle-of-love:
hard to say without seeing why you're vertically challenged. I like hydro, so I would have a tray with rock and put the rez below. Again, hard to say without seeing it.

Think low and wide, like a plastic storage tote designed to go under your bed. Those tend to be rectangular and might fit perfect in your space.

Please do not worry, if you still not get informed of your order tomorrow, please contact me again, I will check it for you. We have plenty of emails and orders to arranged these two days, but we are trying to get back to you as soon as we can. :Namaste:
7 days... Then it was Tuesday/Wednesday. I ordered on the 10th, the website specifically stated the item was IN STOCK!! This was the first item ordered... still no shipping info!?

Closing for the holiday is fine... Just stop taking orders for items that you know are not in stock... Especially when you know you will be unavailable for any support.

I mean I asked if I'd be waiting until they returned for my shipping info... this was prior to their holiday. I was told "we surly will be on holiday, but the shipping will still go on". Complete BS in my book. I started out really liking this company. For them to have years of experience and completely shaft all their clients while they take leave is 1,000,000 percent unacceptable. I really don't know how much longer I'm going to give them before I dispute charges with my bank and order from elsewhere.
:Namaste:
hey moto sara said its not her fault its the people at the warehouse in the US at the docks there being slow patience she cant make them move any faster. i ordered mine last week on the 11th its barely been a week some packaged take a min.
Sorry about the loss, we will try to keep up and arrange all the orders these two days. :circle-of-love:
Of course it is not "Sara's" fault; but it is entirely Mars Hydro's fault. At 9 days with no tracking or info on it .. It has gone from a "drop the ball" to an out right "cluster fxxx" for me - this is costing me $$

IMO, you can add another 144x3w to get better coverage. :Namaste:
I need a little advice. I am currently setup in a 5x5x6 tent and have a Mars Reflector series 144x3w in that space. I need more light in that space and was wondering if I could get some opinions on which option I should go for. I am considering a mars II 700w or another mars reflector 144x3w to add to my grow. What would you do?
:high-five:
sam_189.JPG

144x3w reflector: I need more light in my tent
Happy with the lights for sure. Major upgrade from cfl's

You can go with the 300w light, but if money allows, I would suggest the 400w light. :circle-of-love:

Great, money is not allowing but the 300W should do the job, I can always supplement it with LED strips for better penetration. I want to order one right now! :cheer: Can I PM you the order? :Namaste:

It is special situation during the holiday, as we are back now, every thing will come back on the normal way. Please dom't worry. :circle-of-love:
well im worried i was going to pay for my light today. i sent them a email ask when i would get it they said a week but seems like a week not going to happen.
Sorry for the delay, but I was extremely busy the last several days at home. :(
Have the same problem, mine has been ordered 13 days now, no tracking, no reply to emails, only thing I have heard is order confirmed and took my money. Sara and lucy has both received emails from me, but no reply.

Thanks sirsniffsalot, we are arranging orders these two days, will provide tracking number very soon, if you do not get it, please contact Lucy (forums@mars-hydro.com) or me here. :high-five:
Hope you're holiday was restful! Can those of us waiting on shipments in the US expect our lights anytime soon (realistically). I ordered 2-8 and was told 7 days after contacting. I'm really curious just to know if I need to grab a replacement for the time being for my little gals. Thanks!

Morning all. I have been asked to post a question here, My Buddy already has 2 x 700w mars II. which he is using along side a 600 w hps in a custom 1.40x 2.40 x 2.0 h. mtr box..... he wants to replace the 600 w hps with more LEDs... and wants to know what your thoughts are on either 1 x 1200 LED or 2 x 700 LED as the replacement?

Peace M

Thanks NewBoy420, the order will be arranged tomorrow if the lights is in stock. :circle-of-love:
Sara your back now i feel better i hope you had a great holiday. if i order today when could i expect arrival of the light?

Yes, today is super busy, got hundred emails and post to reply. :( :volcano-smiley:
(2) 144's :)
But don't order until they fix the current shipping issues

Will get back to you tomorrow. :high-five:
I ordered from you because I was told you had stock in Canada available and that shipping would be fast. I ordered on the 18th of the month and it's now the 25th. Can you please confirm my order has been shipped to me? It should be here already.

Back
Top Bottom