Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

The reality is that the unit is unlikely to be replaced if it fails. As with the vast majority of LED manufacturers, Marshydro are much more likely to send you a replacement part and ask you to fit it yourself than they are to ship you a new unit.

In the vast majority of cases from what i have read, the problems arise from failing drivers, and power banks, (although after 6 months i have yet to experience these issues myself). These parts are fairly simple to replace, although a small amount of tech knowledge helps.

You will find that the vast majority of companies that claim to manufacture their products in the US have the same policy, all they do is ask the REAL supplier in China to send them the part, then they send it to you. Replacing your own parts might not seem like an ideal option, but at least with Marshydro you are dealing with the actual company that produces the lights, rather than a rip off US middleman.
Thanks Doozy, if customer receive the light but dont like it or the light itself have problem, we can return the unit in 30 days. If the light has problem afterwards, we will check the problem and see what we can do. Mostly we would like to send free parts to replace, but other complex problems, we will also try other ways to solve it. Please be assured that we will not ignore anyone's problem. :high-five:

Well, i stand corected. Owning 5 of these lights must pale in comparison to making 'all kindz of gainz'.

I think my work here is done. :)

'all kindz of gainz'

U must have mad skillz too :) Oh geez - brother I am 48 not 18 :) If you understood the reference then you should understand "diminishing returns".............

And since I own 9 of them and purchased 3 others for friends i guess that makes me an expert on my own question so why did I even ask it ......oh damn, this does not make any sense at all!

So I guess your are "Corrected" not "Corected" :)

:reading420magazine::nomo:
You hang them at the same distance, the increase in wattage of these lights increases the footprint, that is the simple way to look at it.

Get the 700w (in fact i would personally even consider the 900, but 700 will do) and grow your plants with vertical space in mind, i.e LST during veg, and scrog in flower. Plants grown under LED will tend to be shorter and bushier than under HPS, but only if you provide enough light.

With 9 square feet, a 700w unit will give you around 35w per square foot actual draw, a 900w unit will give you around 45. 45w psf is preferable imo.

LST, scrog and be ready to do some intense trainig during the stretch and 5ft should be fine.

as 900w light is a bit over power IMO, please do not hange the light too close to your plants in case they will be burnt. :circle-of-love:
Thanks for the advice!
With the 900W in my 32" x 32" x 5' space could I just mount the light at the top of the space and forget it? No messing with raising and lowering?
My first few grows will be autoflowering plants. Probably not my best choice for I am a "newb" who hasn't grown indoors for about 20 years. LOL
:volcano-smiley:
First of all, i'm sure a 700w would be fine for 32" x 32", i tend to go big if i can (the premise of 'there's no such thing as too much light) so i'm just saying i would probably go for the 900w, but that's just me :)

There is much debate on the actual optimum height for these lights, some say 24-30", some say 16-20", and distances vary for veg and flower. My advice would be to plan your space with the ability to raise and lower the light if you want to. You may find you never move it, but having the option is always a good thing.

Lastly, i'm afraid i have no experience with autos, but my own first grow was with regular seeds....with a good digital timer there is really nothing complicated at all about using regs. I can recommend Dinafem's indica genetics for a short stocky plant, although i'm sure there are plenty of other options out there.

$225 for a 900w light is a good bargain, even if it has already been used for one turn grow. :thumb:
I will probably go with the 900W now with your advice.
Plus I may want to expand out of the closet and it would be nice to have the extra wattage.

---

ON EDIT...Thanks Doozy for the timely advice.

I just picked up a 900W MH II from a seller on eBay who used his for one grow. $225 shipped.

For that price I am willing to jump in to the LED world.
My last grow was 6 plants, soiless wick system, with 1000W MH/HPS in about a 7'x7' room. That was over 20 years ago.

:thanks:

--
:circle-of-love:
$225 is a bargain, good luck with your grow :)

Hello Graytail:volcano-smiley:
This is patently untrue. :cheesygrinsmiley: LEDs give off about 50% more PAR and PPFD than HIDs. That's a fact. 1200 watts of LED will easily outperform 1200 watts of HID. You can generally replace HPS with 2/3 as much LED draw.

I agree with much of the rest of your post, though. There's a lot of false advertising in the LED business.

:Namaste:
Will wait for your update :Namaste:
Hopefully you are right (you probably are tbh i'm the first to admit PAR values etc is not my strong point), but i'm yet to see the evidence in practice myself....i'll keep my fingers crossed for a bumper harvest though. :)

Edit - i would add that it is also dependant on the type of LEDs being used, but that's another point :)

Hello supergroomer, for the new 3x3 tents, will you still use one for veg and one for flower?
one 700w light is enough for a 3.5'x3.5' tent, :high-five:. You can also put one 400w light in each tent and add a 96x3w reflector for compensation. :circle-of-love:
As to the carbon fliters, not quite my thing. :Namaste: Also want to hear other growners input.
We are now having sales for our tent, if you buy the light and tent together, the price is lower. You can go and check it. :high-five:
I am thinking about expanding my grow space. Not so much to have more of it as much as to move the current location. I am currently in an outside building that is heated with an electric space heater. My spaces are 2x2 for veg ans 2x3 for flower. Each space has a Mars 400.

I was thinking of two 3x3 tents in my basement.

Now for a few questions to those who have multiple tents.
1. Should I put both 400s in one tent and get a 700 for the other?
2. If I have carbon filters in both tents, can I use one larger fan to pull through both tents?
3. Does it need to vent to the outside or can I just have it vent into the room?

I was thinking about getting the Mars-Hydro tents. I know a few of you have them. What are your impressions?

Thanks for any input.

IMO, everyone has his own growing method, and will get different results. But as long as you think the way suits you, it is a good way to grow. We all learn and try new things. Sometimes ends up with success, sometime failure, but we grow more exprienced at the end. :Namaste:
Well, i stand corected. Owning 5 of these lights must pale in comparison to making 'all kindz of gainz'.

I think my work here is done. :)
I really appreciate both of your good inputs, and I hope everyone here will grow just happy. :circle-of-love:
'all kindz of gainz'

U must have mad skillz too :) Oh geez - brother I am 48 not 18 :) If you understood the reference then you should understand "diminishing returns".............

And since I own 9 of them and purchased 3 others for friends i guess that makes me an expert on my own question so why did I even ask it ......oh damn, this does not make any sense at all!

So I guess your are "Corrected" not "Corected" :)

Have a nice day, wizgrow :cheer:
Almost always about this time of night :)

Lights on in 6 min - I like to make my rounds first, med - then hit the gym - hmmmm leg day - double med! :)

I will probably go with the 900W now with your advice.
Plus I may want to expand out of the closet and it would be nice to have the extra wattage.

---

ON EDIT...Thanks Doozy for the timely advice.

I just picked up a 900W MH II from a seller on eBay who used his for one grow. $225 shipped.

For that price I am willing to jump in to the LED world.
My last grow was 6 plants, soiless wick system, with 1000W MH/HPS in about a 7'x7' room. That was over 20 years ago.

:thanks:

--

I'm so jealous.

I completely agree with Wizgrow saying Mars Hydro gives you the bang for your buck. In doing research, I found out that just two wavelengths in the red band and two wavelengths in the blue band can provide over 95 percent of the light needed for all phases of plant growth, and that's Mars Hydro gives us, plus IR to assist with flowering and resin. Great quality product for an affordable price. I would not have been able to purchase any led grow lights if not for Mars Hydro. :goodjob: Just please don't raise the prices.

Back
Top Bottom