Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

:high-five:
The MH II 400w would probably suit an area of 2x2, while the 700w would fit a 3x3 area. Probably would do even better in a 2.5x2.5 or 3x2 area. My 700w use's 330w from the wall and based on 35w per sq ft. x 9sq ft=315w needed, so the 700w is a perfect fit for a 3x3 as long as your plants don't get to tall.

There is a thread in named "The basics of plants lighting", you can find it in "Grow lighting". It describes a lot useful informaitons you need to know. :cheesygrinsmiley: :circle-of-love:
Where has this figure of 35w per square foot come from? I keep reading it on this thread, and i've never seen it anywhere else. Almost all grow room calculators and experienced growers i've come across advise between 40 and 60w, with 50 being optimum.

I'm not saying they're right, i just have no idea where 35 has come from :hmmmm:
KingJohnC is also a very experienced growner, always gives us useful advices. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I agree with you... 50 is optimal but the range is 35 to 50... I was given this range by KingJohnC if I am not mistaken... I'm sure he will fly through in a bit and confirm....
I use my LEDs from tiny babies on up to full bloom and the journal I am using my Top Led/Mars-Hydro in is in my signature..... Dennise No longer the Newiest of Newbies and not growing in MG.....:circle-of-love:

:circle-of-love:
I kinda thought that was the whole point of LED lighting, you can use less watts, but achieve the same or higher yield, but better potency. I guy on this forum named Ravyn used a Mars II 1200 in a 5x5 space, and got 20 ozs. He was just barely at the 35 watts per sqft mark.
If i have to go up to 45-50 watts per sq ft., it seems like it's kinda taking the fun out of using LED grow lights.

35-50 sounds about right. 43 falls right in the middle of that range...i think that's roughly what i'm running.

I have to say i think 35 is a bit low, but that's just my opinion. Personally i'd aim for around 45. :)

Hello Jedthedog, 3 of the 144x3w (6.6'x6.6') will do good for your space (5'x5'), please do not worry. :circle-of-love: The actual draw power of this light is around 250~300watt, please do not worry, you will get enough draw power for your space. :high-five: Anyway, you can check and see when you receive the light first. :love:
Well with this equation of watts to square footage I am getting a little bumbed out. I have one grow tent that is a 5 x 5 and ordered 3 of the Mars-hydro 144 x 3 reflectors thinking this would be plenty. Today looking at a Youtube video about these lights the Watt draw from the wall is 180 per light. Now I ain't no math wiz but to me that computes to only 21.6 watts per square foot.. Did I screw up before I even got started ?

Go back to you tube and check for a guy called Colorado Finest, those are three exact lights that he used over a 5x5 area and he grows pounds, and he love's those lights. He always recommends them. With LED's, it's not so much about the wattage, but about the useuable light they give off, and how well your lights cover your grow area to use that light IMO. The guy Ravyn I brought up actually only was at 22.5 watts per sqft and ended up with 20oz.. The Mars II 1200 uses 550 watts and he had an extra 60 watts of side lighting, but that's it.

I did see that youtube Video and then sent him a PM.. On his recommendation that is why I went with 3 of the 144 x 3 lights.. I know that I will be fine.. There is so much info and Great people here .. I have been doing my thing sense the 70s yep I am an Old Fart but decided to get in to LED...

:circle-of-love: Thanks Boxd Wine
Go back to you tube and check for a guy called Colorado Finest, those are three exact lights that he used over a 5x5 area and he grows pounds, and he love's those lights. He always recommends them. With LED's, it's not so much about the wattage, but about the useuable light they give off, and how well your lights cover your grow area to use that light IMO. The guy Ravyn I brought up actually only was at 22.5 watts per sqft and ended up with 20oz.. The Mars II 1200 uses 550 watts and he had an extra 60 watts of side lighting, but that's it.
Hello PurpleDerp. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'm using excactly 66w draw power per square foot with my marsII 700 = 330 draw watts...i was using 80w per sq ft with my 400w hps but thats not draw power since a hps ballast draws more watts up near 500w i think i made the right decision anyhow

Hello Jedthedog, 3 of the 144x3w (6.6'x6.6') will do good for your space (5'x5'), please do not worry. :circle-of-love: The actual draw power of this light is around 250~300watt, please do not worry, you will get enough draw power for your space. :high-five: Anyway, you can check and see when you receive the light first. :love:

I did see that youtube Video and then sent him a PM.. On his recommendation that is why I went with 3 of the 144 x 3 lights.. I know that I will be fine.. There is so much info and Great people here .. I have been doing my thing sense the 70s yep I am an Old Fart but decided to get in to LED...

Sara, I know you have the new year coming. If the USA warehouse runs out of lights about when will they get a new shipment? Thanks for the info. I'm looking to add to my collection but haven't decided yet on more 400W or maybe go for a 1600W. Still looking to see if I can swing the cost. Dan

Thank you for not changing these at the same time, otherwise, I might be confused. haha :laughtwo:
Yes. I am waiting for an admin to update my name too. :blunt:

Hello Dan, we have shipped another container to US warehouse, but based on our experience the previous years, the lights sells more quickly during our New year holiday. So if you need to add lights, please order ASAP. Not sure when it will run out of stock. :cheesygrinsmiley: :high-five:
Sara, I know you have the new year coming. If the USA warehouse runs out of lights about when will they get a new shipment? Thanks for the info. I'm looking to add to my collection but haven't decided yet on more 400W or maybe go for a 1600W. Still looking to see if I can swing the cost. Dan

Hello TSHRED, if your space is 3'x3', you can go with our 700w:circle-of-love: Your tent hight is not a problem. :high-five:
I'm going back and forth deciding between the MHII 400 or the 700 watt. I really want to get the 700w but I'm concerned about my limited 5 feet tall space. Does the 700w need to be farther away from the plants than the 400w? Will the 700w be too close or are they both the same in this regard?

If you ordered on Sunday, then the light is already on the way to you. :cheesygrinsmiley: I will go check with your order. Your order no. is 3308 right?
Hey Sara.. what is the expected time (days) to process an order to ship once an order is placed... TIA

If you ordered on Sunday, then the light is already on the way to you. :cheesygrinsmiley: I will go check with your order. Your order no. is 3308 right?
Hey Sara.. what is the expected time (days) to process an order to ship once an order is placed... TIA

Back
Top Bottom