Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I'm planning on running two rows of 3 plants in my new 5x5 tent with a 1ft aisle down the middle for working space and fans and auxiliary equipment so I am essentially looking to light 2x 2x5ft spaces which is an uneven number for any lights out there.

Does anyone using the TSL2000 have any feedback on its coverage outside of the 4ft length in flower. I realize I'll likely have to run the light at about 18" through flower to get that extra length but I'm thinking it will be fine.

Maybe you can try a TSL2000, and then add a TS600 on the edge as a sidelight, this will ensure that your light is sufficient;)

So I'm currently growing in a 4*3 using two SP 250 lights but I'm planning on getting another 4*3 tent but instead of two SP250's would two TS-2-3000 would be better?

I'm growing specifically for yield this year so any help would be great as this is my first Led setup and don't know what the eventual outcome of the SP250's.

My target yield needed each harvest is 15-20oz.

Personally, I prefer the SP250. TSL2000 is favored by many people because of its larger wattage. Some of our customers put SP250 and TSL2000 together, and the light of SP250 is brighter.:idea: Moreover, the average harvest of this SP250 is higher than that of TSL2000. We have some grow projects customers who have also chosen SP250:green_heart:

SP250 or TSL2000, as the lights both cover an area of 2x4, which one is better, has always been a topic that everyone likes to debate. To be honest, I really want to test it. Unfortunately, it is illegal to grow marijuana in China. I dare not Do it at the risk of going to jail, haha.:laugh: Everyone's planting technology is different. In addition to light, there are many other factors in the growth of the plant. If someone can use TSL2000 and SP250 for comparison in the same environment, it is great to see the result.:thumb:

Tsl 2000x2 in 4x4 currently

Thanks for always sharing nice pictures with us:Namaste:

Smokesara, please get back to me. I've been trying to get a response from you about a Mars light that won't work.

Smokesara, please get back to me. I've been trying to get a response from you about a Mars light that won't work.
Hi DaddyKush, I just replied you, please check your PM :Namaste:

I like the top ones best maybe put A on one and B on the other so people can say which they like because now the only way to vote is top or bottom.

I have a question for Sara I have a 5x5 Mars tent and I have 4 Mars COBs will the 4 COBs be enough light for that size tent or do I need another light in the middle and if so which would be better an SP250 or the TSW 2000 or another light ? I also have some head room restriction due to the carbon filter and fan

They're no-see-ums in the plant. They can also be used to pull two branches closer together.

full

Spreader Bar
love the simplicity of engineering. can see how well that will work mate. Could even do a "once around " coil over a canes to create a self supporting ring.
love it. ĺ' m trying to think of a practical way to use small rings around a pot level slider bar for training quads out to the edges. Sounds odd out loud but simple in my head .lol. if I crack it I will share it too. thanks salt. will be using your stay bar if i get any head to head clashes. brilliant and simple just how we need it.

I got a question for the fellow mars users could I wire my two ts600's to the same plug?
I would assume it is totally possible. I would just recommend getting any & all connectors from Mars directly.

People have started fires by trying to use aftermarket cords they buy off Amazon.

I'd think it would be as simple as getting one of the "t" fittings they use on dual driver light fixtures.

Best answer I could give is to verify with Sara.
:thumb:

I got a question for the fellow mars users could I wire my two ts600's to the same plug?

If by 'wire to the same plug' you mean joining the wires together to have a single plug for a receptacle, DON'T DO THIS!

It's a recipe for disaster. You can easily create a short circuit.

You would be much better off to connect them to a power bar, and connect the power bar to your receptacle. You can connect up to six of them together through a power bar for a standard North American 15Amp circuit. Don't connect any more to a single circuit, as they have a large inrush current when you first turn on the power.

Hi Ganja! How is weekend there! :circle-of-love:
All been good here if not a little wet with our great climate!!!. lol
Glad to be back to normal now after the festive madness and harvesting has started finally. I will be busy in trim jail for a few weeks soon and staggered the harvests so no let up for a few weeks once trimming starts.lol
loving the smells from the BlackBerry and yet another hard nugged harvest thanks to the lights and good nutes to back the intensity up. Now I can spread the other strains out a little more to exploit even more light for their last 3 weeks. Do need to source a tent to go into my next build now though so will be exploring your tents like a British Missionary over next few weeks.lol. Thanks Sara. have a great day
20200106_190725.jpg
20200106_190721.jpg
20200106_190641.jpg
20200106_190620.jpg
20200106_190541.jpg

I'm not convinced that we'll get deeper penetration with the SP-250. Let's take a look:

At its center, the SP-250 develops 632umols, and 12" (30cm) to either side it's just about the same.
At its center, the TSL-2000 develops 972umols, and 12" (30cm) to either side it's about 110 umoles less, but still 860 umoles.

now lets look across their widths at the center...
At its center, the SP-250 develops 632umols, and 6" (15cm) to the front or back it's 524 or 17% less.
At its center, the TSL-2000 develops 972umols, and 6" (15cm) to the front or back it's 787 or 19% less.

and then at the corners, 9" to the front or back, and 18" to either side
At its center, the SP-250 develops 632umols, and in the corners it's 406 or 36% less.
At its center, the TSL-2000 develops 972umols, and in the corners it's 528 or 46% less.

In general, it can be concluded that the SP-250 has a more even coverage in an 18" x 36" area, and that the TSL-2000 provides more intensity across the same area. I wonder what the figures would be in the corners of the 2' X 4' area the lights cover in flower, and the 3' X 5' they cover in veg. Mars doesn't provide these figures, so we'll need to measure them ourselves.

I just winged it for this discussion.
phew, maffs!! lol It was following a comment from sara a while back when I had my 1st harvest on the tsl 's. I felt I had too little light for the 10 I had in ( changed from hps during the grow) . We discussed the main difference as I wanted something to cover a little more canopy intensity in the centre. In retrospect , another tsl would have served better but the deeper penetration comment back then had me choosing the sp250 . Bang on with the even distribution and I suppose this is what I badly tried to say about heights. It provides more grow room comfortable lighting in general but the tsl is ALL about the plant below it. I had the light issues from the tsl due to their power.
Hello Guys, we designed two kinds of stickers. Which one do you like? We will choose one as our logo sticker, you will receive it after you buy our products, and paste it in your tent! Please vote~:headbanger:

of the two choices , it has to be No1. The other looks like a child toy sticker !! lol

Please do not do this, it is easy to cause a short circuit of the light, the TS600 wire design is different from other TS series, the TS600 can only be used at the specified voltage and wattage, and TS series don't have daisy chain function. :)

Back
Top Bottom