Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I get your point it's the obvious.. but I looked at the PAR rating of the Mars 2 1200W and for a 4x4 tent at 18''you get over 1000umol in any corner with 1600 in the center. Knowing a plant can only take about 900 according to a few post ago.. (without C02) the maximum light your plant can take seems to be maximize by the mars 2 1200W in a 4x4 tent.. well that's my understanding of it thus my question above..

:welcome: Confusing, isn't it? Their engineers will come back with a comprehensive answer... soon.

Meanwhile, here's a reliable PPFD chart I made for the Mars II 1200 that I own, measured in a 4x4 tent:

M2_1200_PPFD.png

It makes a lot of sense - doesn't it? Especially since they can be daisy chained

Spreading out the light makes sense but I think your experiment is too uneven. 800w vs 1300w. 1300w is twice as much power as necessary for a 4x4 I think. Once you start spreading out the light you'd need less power to compete with the Epistar 320 and still exceed it's coverage. 700w of samsung 561c chips spread out seem to cover a 4x4 with 1000 ppfd, I think that's as efficient as you can get right now.

He's not bullying or picking on anyone, he's asking very valid questions, and she's a salesrep, so she better know the answers and provide them in a courteous manner, not the first time someone's been called out as the bad guy when questioneing Mars of their products.

You're my hero PGR. Thank you for understanding and defending me. It's been such a long and sometimes messy struggle that I sometimes do feel like a bully and wonder if it was worth the time. I don't take pleasure in challenging the status quo. But I am noticing a change in this thread and across the forum of people asking more questions and taking time to think about details. Seeing eyes opened and change taking effect is encouraging and your validation is really appreciated.

Opnons don't have a date on 'em.

He's not bullying or picking on anyone, he's asking very valid questions, and she's a salesrep, so she better know the answers and provide them in a courteous manner, not the first time someone's been called out as the bad guy when questioneing Mars of their products.

Stating that a Mars II 1200 has 1000 PPFD in the corners of a 4x4 area is a very wrong(would you believe me if I told you I could jump over a house?), and as you see a few posts back it actually is misleading people!

You're new to this site and grow light technology, so take some time to educate yourself on the subject before calling people names!

If even our sponsors can't provide a truthful specification on a light, then who can we trust?

And what's with the ''barely speaks English'' part, if you want to sell stuff to English speaking countries/internationally you better learn it quick so you can communicate with your customers.

This is not some big guy picking on an 8-year-old girl with glasses in the schoolyard, this is the little guy vs the big company....

Peace :passitleft:
Lol is all I got for you ,and u don't know me or anything about me . Or what I know so kick rocks

Uneven yes, but in grams per dollar it will be fair :)

k9 dogs are amazing. I don't think I would trust a smell proof bag. But it fools humans which is also a good thing.

What do you folks think - can it fool a dog? I think perhaps only ozone kills all odours

Nothing beats a double vacuum seal .

I *know* that you know very little about grow light technology - feel free to prove me wrong ;)
Lol I dont gotta prove shit to u or anyone else for that matter that's not the subject in the first place Mr defender of the bully lol. Now u trying to be the same way. Why don't u waste your energy growing some plants :) cause u won't get nowhere with me lil man. Kick rocks higher peace lol
7b4b0f65b323e7c720e9d1022a5c7962.jpg
41952da967aa120ee18c9f9c901de7e4.jpg

You're my hero PGR. Thank you for understanding and defending me. It's been such a long and sometimes messy struggle that I sometimes do feel like a bully and wonder if it was worth the time. I don't take pleasure in challenging the status quo. But I am noticing a change in this thread and across the forum of people asking more questions and taking time to think about details. Seeing eyes opened and change taking effect is encouraging and your validation is really appreciated.

Well I'm certainly not gonna sit idle when this kind of aggresion is projected unto someone trying to help his fellow growers.
Not a hero, just the little boy in The Emperor's New Clothes calling out the obvious :)

The grow light industry is a jungle when you're new to growing or grow light technology, so a spark of unbiased truth is always most welcome!

So many sharks in the business feeding on... sorry don't want to slander sharks, they're beautiful creatures important to the global ecosystem :) ....So many greedy people out there trying to prey on people who don't know better - and how could they know with the amount of biased information being thrown in their faces all the time...

This forum might be run by the help of sponsors, but if the members leave so does the sponsors, so it is walking a tightrope for the mods, who I deeply believe will have our collective backs in the end, if not out of the goodness in their hearts then because it's the most worthwhile thing to do in the long run ;)

Lol I dont gotta prove shit to u or anyone else for that matter that's not the subject in the first place Mr defender of the bully lol. Now u trying to be the same way. Why don't u waste your energy growing some plants :) cause u won't get nowhere with me lil man. Kick rocks higher peace lol

If you wish to converse me, you have to use a completely different tone, good day Sir.

Look. PGR has a very valid point and while I don't agree that entho has the best bedside manner, he is only trying to help, like that dick know it all doctor telling you if you keep easting McDonald's you'll die.

The point is no one led light really covers a 4 by 4 for a better price than an HPS. Ever.

These lights are designed for growing a largely illegal plant. Especially in the country where these parts and lights are made, China. You can't fall under false advertising if never come out and say this light is for growing cannabis. Which no one does. And they are protected by the BS that the light will work, because it will, but not to the levels we.nees it to for one light.

Again back to doing your homework. Aim for a ppfd of 1000 evenly distributed. Very rarely will one LED light cut it in a 4 by 4. Look for a light that covers a 2 by 2 and get 4

And yep no led will compare to a hps. Very true . Add the two together though and bam. Well I use metal halide and hps and leds
Yeah. I would suggest 4 led pannels in a 4x4. It will get the job done more effectively. And I think that's all PGR was getting at, not necessarily attacking you or your grow abilities.

Also if you're willing to so a minimal bit of light building you can run 4 to 6 double ended Samsung strips in a 4 x4 and top any hps per watt. Only think is it's 500 bucks vs 200. But no bulb replacements and you can run them almost 10 years normally

Being a sceptic is a good thing. Testing claims is a good thing too. Entheo has a right to be sceptical. It's all ok folks. We're all growers here. I think many people reacted on the "tone" from
Entheo. When you first came here you had this signature that basically said mars hydro were scamming people. You came in here hard. You do have a right to be a sceptic, it is actually one of the smartest things you can be. And the amount of research you have spent on this is simply amazing. Thanks for that! Of course we customers should get the right numbers and I bet we will. Mars Hydro is a cool company so it should work out in the end :)

Yeah. I would suggest 4 led pannels in a 4x4. It will get the job done more effectively. And I think that's all PGR was getting at, not necessarily attacking you or your grow abilities.

Also if you're willing to so a minimal bit of light building you can run 4 to 6 double ended Samsung strips in a 4 x4 and top any hps per watt. Only think is it's 500 bucks vs 200. But no bulb replacements and you can run them almost 10 years normally
Ive got two 96 reflectors on both sides of my 1000 watt. Loving it .

Back
Top Bottom