Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hell I've seen 600w cobs that will fry plants in a 4 x 4. It could be doable with a little increase in cost. Again heat is the biggest enemy of leds, effectively manage heat and efficiency and efficacy increase.

COB' leds is more concentrated than usual led, so the heat dissipation of COB is more difficult than usual led lamps if we don't use Cree chips to produce COB. Cre chips produce less heat.

Correction: They come in 2700K, 3000K, 4000K and 5000K ;)

Heatsinks are necessary when running boards above 60w.

2700K, 3000K, 4000K and 5000K, all are white light :thanks:

I'm running 400 watts of cobs, too centralized over the middle so I can get burn there, but 500 watts of high quality cobs, spread out evenly over a 4x4 would easily be enough to outgrow hps both in general weight and quality-with a good grower.

I agree though Sara, if y'all can manufacture a higher end quantum board type assembly or cob assembly, and really cover a 4x4 with even par all the way around, I'm sure people would be interested. I know I'm paying roughly 900 canadian to cover a 4x4 almost completely with high end cobs, so if you could get it around 850 to 1100 USD , you would probably have a winner.

Professional growers are looking for even coverage, efficiency, start up cost, spectrum, and expected life of the unit. If you can produce fanless units with high quality components, I'm sure you could hit all of those points. UV and IR added with white light from those quantum boards is producing insane results.

As a large producer, if you can get past the MOPs and bring the cost down enough, it might be worth it to jump on that segment of the market, especially with all the legalization going around. People are gunna want high quality, dependable lights that they can pull massive yields from with low power draw.

With your buying power you might be able to cement yourself as the plug and play go to for homegrowers, connoisseurs, and professionals alike!

If I had your connections I'd definitely be doing that, oh and liquid capital XD

Your suggestion is really kind and helpful, thank you :cheer:

Hi Sara, these photos of my Labyrinth
f5a651fe63ed033ac2b72603746fd7a6.jpg
ARE STUPID!!!!! Look at that shit!!!! Wooooohoooooo way to go penny. Wicked stuff man

Our very old light models with daisy chain, but some growers use this function with many lights that is more than 1000W, it is dangerous, so we canceled this function.

I can see pulling a lot of power overloading the circuit with large grows. The trouble with the world. I own a very large dangerous hammer but I have sense enough not to drop it on my foot.

COB' leds is more concentrated than usual led, so the heat dissipation of COB is more difficult than usual led lamps if we don't use Cree chips to produce COB. Cre chips produce less heat.

Newest generations of Bridgelux (Vero), Citizen (CLU) and Luminus (CXM) are better chips than the Cree CXB3590, and cheaper!
Handling heat is about getting a big enough passive heatsink for the amount of power one intends to put into the COB in question.

I really want to see Mars Hydro quantum boards too. Would love that. That's the next big thing

Just felt like showing you some different strains of hash I've been making the past week :) still not 100% well and I've been down for months so am very delayed with everything. Will start a new grow in the Mars Hydro tent this week and one in the tiny homebox tent.

The homebox will get the COB. Time to see how it performs in dwc with sensi seeds Big-Bud. May put in the Mars bars too in that tent.

Got another 16 plant dripper system for the Mars Hydro tent and will use 1 pro II Epistar 320 in there. And then I'm out of lamps so only 3 simultaneous grows this round (a friend is borrowing my pro 160).

Anyway. Here's some different strains of quality hash. Takes a lot of time to make but so definitely worth it.

ede2badd1aa3fb4293191e798418f3eb.jpg
32dd0608ad7af7a154324a77d0b5d333.jpg
2647e4f9e0b8af463ca344f802d65b00.jpg

All this hash is made from Mars Hydro grown plants :)

Hahaha received my first mars product today!!!!!
Set of hangers. Free from a different light company. I even messaged them and asked... "Is this correct"?

Just a few quick pics. These girls are all in a 3x3 tent flowering under an Epi320.
Blueberry Ghost OG 8 weeks into flower

20180107_082836_resized.jpg
20180107_082858_resized.jpg
20180107_082907_resized.jpg

Your girls receive powerful light :goodjob:

Hi Sara, these are photos of my Labyrinth flowered under 2 of the 260w Quantum boards from Horticulture Lighting Group in Westerville Ohio.
1aeee8e27a6095e3c1ef5f29a78ace7e.jpg
f5a651fe63ed033ac2b72603746fd7a6.jpg
2a1484a5f6bd1206f883dde8c18d1429.jpg

Thanks for sharing. What is the yield and quality difference growing under quantum boards and mars led?

Back
Top Bottom