Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I run 2 x 400 hps in a 7x2ft area. Also only have 5ft headroom. Just shopping around atm to find an alternative. But if i spend the money it has to work as good or better. No real urgency.

I think you should produce a 4 and 6 unit cob with approximately 14" between them. And make a light simple frame for them

I like the sound of this,maybe even adopt the same idea for an array of proII 80's..

The DIY cob market is taking off but a lot of folks are not comfortable with soldering,I believe a side by side between some Mars cob's and some quantum board's would be a better show than Mars v HPS...

:thanks:For the growers in these countries, maybe they will choose cheaper lights to begin.
I did choose a cheaper light!!!! This is my first. But IV spent £206 but for that I had 2×600w Meizhi and Mr Canuck is not wrong hahaha

Not that expensive to produce for a proper manufacturer. Doesnt need case machining and fans. Chips are cheap as in bulk. Im amazed the bigger name players arent onto it already. But also glad the little guys can make a quid for a change in the meantime...

Do the people agree? Should mars make an expensive room killer cob light for the high end home grower and entry level commercial set ups?

Why cant they make a really decent light with the capability to expand or daisy chain them. Honda does it with generators. Instead of good better best make them all best and let the customer decide what they want. Speaking for myself I learned a long time ago not to spend alot of money on something till I am relatively sure it works for me and I am going to need/use it. Ask any mechanic with $100,000 plus tied up in tools purchased over a lifetime.

Should we produce a bigger COB light in 2018? because the present COB is small, it is more suitable to use in small growing size. Welcome to giving us your suggestion:thanks:
Make a cob suitable for a 4x4 tent.
800-1000 watt :)

Hell I've seen 600w cobs that will fry plants in a 4 x 4. It could be doable with a little increase in cost. Again heat is the biggest enemy of leds, effectively manage heat and efficiency and efficacy increase.

I'm running 400 watts of cobs, too centralized over the middle so I can get burn there, but 500 watts of high quality cobs, spread out evenly over a 4x4 would easily be enough to outgrow hps both in general weight and quality-with a good grower.

I agree though Sara, if y'all can manufacture a higher end quantum board type assembly or cob assembly, and really cover a 4x4 with even par all the way around, I'm sure people would be interested. I know I'm paying roughly 900 canadian to cover a 4x4 almost completely with high end cobs, so if you could get it around 850 to 1100 USD , you would probably have a winner.

Professional growers are looking for even coverage, efficiency, start up cost, spectrum, and expected life of the unit. If you can produce fanless units with high quality components, I'm sure you could hit all of those points. UV and IR added with white light from those quantum boards is producing insane results.

As a large producer, if you can get past the MOPs and bring the cost down enough, it might be worth it to jump on that segment of the market, especially with all the legalization going around. People are gunna want high quality, dependable lights that they can pull massive yields from with low power draw.

With your buying power you might be able to cement yourself as the plug and play go to for homegrowers, connoisseurs, and professionals alike!

If I had your connections I'd definitely be doing that, oh and liquid capital XD

I think you should produce a 4 and 6 unit cob with approximately 14" between them. And make a light simple frame for them.

You should also consider making quantum boards.
To please some of the growers starting to require stronger lights like cobs and quantum boards maybe you can make a "mars-hydro pro line" consisting of higher end higher priced units with high grade components. And then continue to offer your amazing line you have now and market it for the home grow series. With Canada legalizing and the state of Vermont just legalizing homegrowing you will need to step it up quick. Wouldn't be a bad idea to start contacting people near the Vermont / Canadian border to push some equipment as well.

Ps. Hope all is well Sara and mars friends
I agree. I'm a Canadian and would love to push mars hydro products. Just recently bought 3x 192 reflectors and they work well but find with a max height of 6.5 I'm not getting any stretch. Lights are just under 3 feet from top of canopy and I'm not getting stretch....

I agree. I'm a Canadian and would love to push mars hydro products. Just recently bought 3x 192 reflectors and they work well but find with a max height of 6.5 I'm not getting any stretch. Lights are just under 3 feet from top of canopy and I'm not getting stretch....

:thanks: Would you like to share your growing pictures with us?

They use white 4000k samsung lm561c chips i think. So efficent you can run them half strength without heatsinks and they still put out great light. People seem to be getting good reaults.

Without red, IR, blue, will quantums boards be efficient for plants?

I just ordered a quantum kit. One side of my tent will be quantum the other will be mars. So we shall see the difference in the quantum board technology. But I know some people on here with great results.

Do you have spectrum test picture of the quantum kit?:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom