Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

A 300w will do fine for 1 or 2 plants
One Mars hydro 300w per plant they do pretty good!
420-magazine-mobile286974051.jpg
Thanks for the feedback! Have you guys had success using them all the way through veg and flowering?

Hey Sara! First time grower. I have a 2x4 tent and just bought your 300w lamp. Should this be efficient for a single/two plants or should I possibly look into adding another light?

A 300w will do fine for 1 or 2 plants

One Mars hydro 300w per plant they do pretty good!

Thanks for the feedback! Have you guys had success using them all the way through veg and flowering?

Mars 300's flower just fine. In the right environment with the right strain and an educated grower you can get a QP+ from one of those lights.

Hi all - yes I'm just finishing an Auto grow under the old model 300w. I didn't get as much growth as I'd hoped for initially but the main reason for this I think is that I was limited in how many hours of light I could give it. SO my advice is take all the advice you can get from experienced growers about light timing. An Auto really needs 20/4 to shine I think and I could only give her 14/10.

So taking into consideration that I deprived it of light, and still am - she's finishing fine. I had planned to share a pic of her here today so your timing is nice. This is 5days away from finishing according to breeder specs (Dinafem, Critical + CBD auto), 95% cloudy trichomes, no amber yet (gosh I can spend hours inches away from it gazing through the loupe!).

CCBDau_d65a.jpg

My only concern would be light penetration with the 300, and maybe light hours would help with that too. I had to lay this one down in week 3 to get the lower branches to come out to play. Maybe if I was growing a photoperiod under this light I would go for a scrog - would work well I think.

Dirtbagg, what lighting schedule did you use (auto flowering or photo?)? (I used to be in a band called The Dirtbags ;))

:Namaste:

Hi Sara, I see that the competition rules state that the MarsHydro light has to be visible in the photo somewhere. I've had trouble getting that in a pic! I'm sharing this one here, because I'd planned to share it here anyway - it'd be great if it's eligible for the comp!

If it's eligible, I'm entering it. Critical + CBD (auto), grown under MarsHydro 300w, day 59 (70 day strain). Photo taken from underneath the plant pointing up towards the light (so maybe you can see the light in the pic!).

CCBDau_d59under.jpg

Hi smoke, The reflector series and Mars II have own advantages, And Mars pro series will better than reflector series.
Compared with Mars II light, reflector series have better coverage, but Mars II have better penetration.
Mars Pro series will upgrade the chips, drivers, fans, and dissipate the heat better. And had add UV.
Among three series, the Mars Pro(II) series is better.

Hi guys, are the Mars Hydro Reflector series better than the older Mars II and Mars Pro series? Thanks

Hi Bud, one plant one Mars 300 are OK. If you gonna grow two plants, during the veg, one Mars 300 is OK, but when they are flower, they need more light, it will better add another light:high-five:

Welcome to join our Mars Hydro Cup 4:welcome:

Hey Sara! First time grower. I have a 2x4 tent and just bought your 300w lamp. Should this be efficient for a single/two plants or should I possibly look into adding another light?

Hi Bud, Mars 300 is full spectrum, you can use it all the way from seedling to flowering.

Mars 300 is our oldest model, it is not a big light. Now we produced the Mars Eco 48 to replace the Mars 300:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi LG, How about your current grow?

Mars 300's flower just fine. In the right environment with the right strain and an educated grower you can get a QP+ from one of those lights.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for sharing with us your experience, really valuable!

Hi all - yes I'm just finishing an Auto grow under the old model 300w. I didn't get as much growth as I'd hoped for initially but the main reason for this I think is that I was limited in how many hours of light I could give it. SO my advice is take all the advice you can get from experienced growers about light timing. An Auto really needs 20/4 to shine I think and I could only give her 14/10.

So taking into consideration that I deprived it of light, and still am - she's finishing fine. I had planned to share a pic of her here today so your timing is nice. This is 5days away from finishing according to breeder specs (Dinafem, Critical + CBD auto), 95% cloudy trichomes, no amber yet (gosh I can spend hours inches away from it gazing through the loupe!).

CCBDau_d65a.jpg

My only concern would be light penetration with the 300, and maybe light hours would help with that too. I had to lay this one down in week 3 to get the lower branches to come out to play. Maybe if I was growing a photoperiod under this light I would go for a scrog - would work well I think.

Dirtbagg, what lighting schedule did you use (auto flowering or photo?)? (I used to be in a band called The Dirtbags ;))

Hi Amy,

That's OK, you can take more pics, one is plants, the other is light, it's not a big problem. Don't worry!

Really happy to see join us:cheer:

Hi Sara, I see that the competition rules state that the MarsHydro light has to be visible in the photo somewhere. I've had trouble getting that in a pic! I'm sharing this one here, because I'd planned to share it here anyway - it'd be great if it's eligible for the comp!

If it's eligible, I'm entering it. Critical + CBD (auto), grown under MarsHydro 300w, day 59 (70 day strain). Photo taken from underneath the plant pointing up towards the light (so maybe you can see the light in the pic!).

CCBDau_d59under.jpg

Back
Top Bottom