Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

Hi smoke, The reflector series and Mars II have own advantages, And Mars pro series will better than reflector series.
Compared with Mars II light, reflector series have better coverage, but Mars II have better penetration.
Mars Pro series will upgrade the chips, drivers, fans, and dissipate the heat better. And had add UV.
Among three series, the Mars Pro(II) series is better.

Thank you SmokeSara, i really appreciate your advice!

So if i want to cover only a 60x60cm area with the light, then the Mars II version will be better because it has better penetration and the coverage would be the same like with the Reflector series on such a small space? Am i right?

Hi Bud, one plant one Mars 300 are OK. If you gonna grow two plants, during the veg, one Mars 300 is OK, but when they are flower, they need more light, it will better add another light:high-five:

Welcome to join our Mars Hydro Cup 4:welcome:

Thanks for the info Sara. Can't wait to use the light! What are the details to join the mars hydro cup? Not sure if have a chance at winning. This is literally my FIRST grow of the cannabis kind. I've only ever done my vegetable garden outside before but I'm always up yo a challenge testing your light out!

Literally just germinated my seeds and planted in soil last night!

Hi all - yes I'm just finishing an Auto grow under the old model 300w. I didn't get as much growth as I'd hoped for initially but the main reason for this I think is that I was limited in how many hours of light I could give it. SO my advice is take all the advice you can get from experienced growers about light timing. An Auto really needs 20/4 to shine I think and I could only give her 14/10.

So taking into consideration that I deprived it of light, and still am - she's finishing fine. I had planned to share a pic of her here today so your timing is nice. This is 5days away from finishing according to breeder specs (Dinafem, Critical + CBD auto), 95% cloudy trichomes, no amber yet (gosh I can spend hours inches away from it gazing through the loupe!).

CCBDau_d65a.jpg

My only concern would be light penetration with the 300, and maybe light hours would help with that too. I had to lay this one down in week 3 to get the lower branches to come out to play. Maybe if I was growing a photoperiod under this light I would go for a scrog - would work well I think.

Dirtbagg, what lighting schedule did you use (auto flowering or photo?)? (I used to be in a band called The Dirtbags ;))

:Namaste:
Hi Amy Gardner, the light schedule I have used in veg for both photo and auto was 18/6. My mistake from the get go was growing both photo and autos at the same time hehe. Now I have both an auto and a photo in the same tent flowering so I'm at 12/12 with both. If I only had autos I would do 20/4 in flower or 18/6 to save a bit of power lol.
420-magazine-mobile1710409979.jpg
auto on the left photo on the right, if my eyes sent playing tricks on me my auto has caught up to the photo, even with 12/12 lighting cycle it's doing pretty damn well. The auto is cheese from cancer seeds and the photo is a bagseed.

The pencillin is kicking in. So I want to announce my participation with this little teaser I put together in 5 minutes and exported as a gif. Finished result will have video material, educational shit and useful info for all the users of this particular lamp. We will have a look at what we're growing under the pro II series and so on. We're gonna do good

GIF-TEST1.gif

I sadly don't have a devil mask, so not sure how to do the part of me appearing in the videoes. Hmm. Any ideas?

Thanks. I hope I'll be well enough to follow up. but I will try.

Now the animation works :)

devil-logo-green-small.gif

Mars 300 is our oldest model, it is not a big light. Now we produced the Mars Eco 48 to replace the Mars 300:cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi LG, How about your current grow?

It's going... been hurting a lot lately so Ive just been letting them do their thing besides checking in to make sure they are alive every now and then. Plan on just switching to weekly updates with pics every Sunday compared to every 2-3 days... It will just leave a more noticeable effect between photos lol. Three of my girls in the tent are still yellowing even with doses above the recommendations lol... Gonna probably hit them all each with 2tsp protekt 2tsp bloom 2tsp magpro.... I don't know what else to do lol... Doubt it'll burn them but I am not a fan of constantly adding so much salt into my soil without flushing... Id hate to get a lockout. I did give them all a plain watering today. Don't get me wrong even with the yellowing these girls are still taking off and getting thick and frosty... The ones in the small grow are almost ready and they look great. My four clones that I have going have just been growing rapidly compared to last rounds... They are gonna need to go into actual pots soon but I'm trying to hold out until I can afford a damn veg light lol... Just have them tossed under different spectrums of CFL and aquarium lights.

Next grow I plan on building a base for my pots so I can catch runoff and water as much as I'd like... Probably just a small grid floor on the bottom of the scrog or something.

My mars hydro 300's are still doing as good as new it appears.... Definitely a good investment. The eco models seem pretty neat too im hoping to see a review of one soon.

Amy, Thank you so much for your understanding:circle-of-love:

It's ok you can just say it doesn't qualify! I'll keep experimenting with how to get a pic with light and plant ...

Please excuse me but this is not topic related. Has anyone heard from Oldschool 64 lately? I was following his journals and saw he had started another grow journal but never finished it, maybe around August or so, just wondering what happened. I know he was big on mars-hydro and SmokeSara. Thanks in advance.

Yes, For your 60x60cm grow tent, one Mars II 400 is enough.

Thank you SmokeSara, i really appreciate your advice!

So if i want to cover only a 60x60cm area with the light, then the Mars II version will be better because it has better penetration and the coverage would be the same like with the Reflector series on such a small space? Am i right?

I also haven't see him oftenly now, have you messaged him? Hope his everything goes well :Namaste:

You are so kind man:love:

Please excuse me but this is not topic related. Has anyone heard from Oldschool 64 lately? I was following his journals and saw he had started another grow journal but never finished it, maybe around August or so, just wondering what happened. I know he was big on mars-hydro and SmokeSara. Thanks in advance.

Hi Bud,

You can send your pics to my colleague Vera: marketing2@mars-hydro.com
Send your video to Ivy: sales18@lgledsolutions.com
Or write grow journal in Journals in Progress on here.

Enjoy the FIRST grow:cheesygrinsmiley:

Thanks for the info Sara. Can't wait to use the light! What are the details to join the mars hydro cup? Not sure if have a chance at winning. This is literally my FIRST grow of the cannabis kind. I've only ever done my vegetable garden outside before but I'm always up yo a challenge testing your light out!

Literally just germinated my seeds and planted in soil last night!

Back
Top Bottom