Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I think Mars should be putting some effort into research and development into a COB series light(if they're not already)...seems to be what experienced growers are leaning towards, if they go with LED...I don't follow this thread religiously...but...when I do pop in...I'm seeing more complaints than in the past!??...I think these issues should be a priority and maybe a resolve posted to such, as to dispel any negative thoughts a potential customer may have...you have developed a product that sells...keep improving...and support your sales...no disrespect...just constructive criticism...cheerz...h00k...:hookah:
Dont stand corrected yet Hook. I have seen NO information that suggests the Pro ll is cob. Even if they are they would be timy.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The Mars II Pro lights are COB

A Licenced Medicinal Cannabis User
Where can I get any information that says they are cob leds? And what cob chip they are? All I see is Epistar chips. They look like standard 5w epistars or crees to me but not COB

The international currency is USD,we showed the price in Canadian dollars till last week on our website,but the paypal only accept USD at the final payment.:high-five:
On a canadian website sara, prices must be in Canadian dollars.. So if your saying paypal is converting it to US, then can u send me a link to pay with my credit card in canadian? This is a big difference in cost for us canadians. I will not buy lights for mars unless it is in Canadian dollars.. I tried to pay through the website directly with my card, but it wont allow me..

We plan to develop one COB light this year.:high-five:
Where can I get any information that says they are cob leds? And what cob chip they are? All I see is Epistar chips. They look like standard 5w epistars or crees to me but not COB

Maybe Sara can tell us more.

As Epistar does make cob bulbs 5w and up.

And also High Power Cob Led Chip.

My eyes not best at times so please look it up for me thks.

Yeah, the pro ll arent cobs.
Real cob lights are going to be much more than 5w. Most being 100w or more per chip.

Yeah, the pro ll arent cobs.
Real cob lights are going to be much more than 5w. Most being 100w or more per chip.

Kk as i seen on internet Epistar makes small ones too.

Thks for looking into it more for me.

:circle-of-love:From now on,we will show international currency:USD on our official website,as the paypal currency exchange rate is changing,we need to change the currency all the time if we show different currency for different country.It will be more complicated for our customer to understand.:Namaste:
When you make payment with your local currency,the paypal will exchange your currency to USD automatically.The Payment exchange rate and Receipt exchange rate are different,our company also need to comply with paypal currency rate.:Namaste:

Well Epistar is ok and i am sure Mars Hydro would use the better ones made by Epistar?

Idk but just a guess

Not if they want to compete with the top shelf cobs they wont use em.
Thats the thing. Mars was very very cheap lights that anyone could afford. That price was due to lower grade things.
Now Mars is making upper end small chip panels so the price is way more (pro series) and they are phasing out a bunch of their "cheaper" panels that got them where they are today.
Now they plan to produce cob lights. So there is 2 big options for them. Use cheaper less effecient chips and target that low price that got them where they are today or use Cree, Citi or vero etc and sell very expensive lights that many of their current customers cant swing the $$ for. We are talking probably in the area of $1000 to $1500 for a very small cob setup.
If they use epistar cobs or similar they can keep a lower price but still be behind the ball compared to a good cob light.
Mars just needs to find where it wants to be in the industry.
Cheap,affordable lights that will grow plants or higher end single chip panels that are much more expensive or high end cobs that will make the pro series look cheap in price.

The Mars Pro II series are small COB.:high-five:

I can not make the decision,but i will tell this to our manager and factory.:high-five:
Yes thats what he means is for your company to make a wearable head light like that one or similar to use when lights off.

Back
Top Bottom