Malawi And Golden Tiger Tent Grow

Hi everybody! happy Saturday!!! here are some updates to my grow. Day 1 of Week 4 of Flower. carrying VPD of .9 - 1.2 now regularly after some adjustments this week. previously, I was swinging from .3 VPD at night to 3+ VPD during the days..so it's much more consistent now - they should be much less stressed moving forward. The large Golden Tiger in the back right is not looking so happy - any suggestions ? EDIT: ( the Golden Tiger that looks sick is the 2nd photo. The Malawi that does not look sick is the 3rd photo - both have received exact same nute program. maybe the soil mix was diff when I up-potted- could it be that? I used root organics + oceanforest - ??). TIA - LB

IMG_4557.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

IMG_4556.JPG

IMG_4558.JPG

IMG_4559.JPG

Hi everybody! happy Monday..here are some updates to my grow. Day 1 of Week 4 of Flower. carrying VPD of .9 - 1.2 now regularly after some adjustments this week. previously, I was swinging from .3 VPD at night to 3+ VPD during the days..so it's much more consistent now - they should be much less stressed moving forward. The large Golden Tiger in the back right is not looking so happy - any suggestions ? EDIT: ( the Golden Tiger that looks sick is the 2nd photo. The Malawi that does not look sick is the 3rd photo - both have received exact same nute program. maybe the soil mix was diff when I up-potted- could it be that? I used root organics + oceanforest - ??). TIA - LB

IMG_4557.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

IMG_4556.JPG

IMG_4558.JPG

IMG_4559.JPG
This last pic is the short Malawi Pheno - the other 2 are the tall pheno. all 3 have the red stems. - I'm sorting out the phenos and labeling them for my clones

Hi everybody! happy Saturday!!! here are some updates to my grow. Day 1 of Week 4 of Flower. carrying VPD of .9 - 1.2 now regularly after some adjustments this week. previously, I was swinging from .3 VPD at night to 3+ VPD during the days..so it's much more consistent now - they should be much less stressed moving forward. The large Golden Tiger in the back right is not looking so happy - any suggestions ? EDIT: ( the Golden Tiger that looks sick is the 2nd photo. The Malawi that does not look sick is the 3rd photo - both have received exact same nute program. maybe the soil mix was diff when I up-potted- could it be that? I used root organics + oceanforest - ??). TIA - LB

IMG_4557.JPG

IMG_4554.JPG

IMG_4556.JPG

IMG_4558.JPG

IMG_4559.JPG
Good morning Amigo.
The Golden Tiger, did you do anything different to her?
Different soil? Pot? Nutrients?
There's a major issue there.
Looks like a root problem but I need some details on her before I can say for sure.
What have you been feeding & how often?
She in soil?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hola! ! I went through my notes and yes, that was the only 1 that I mixed Roots Organics and Ocean Forest in the new 7 gal pot when I moved up from 3 gal pots 3 weeks ago ... I've since given her a good flush, and this week, she re-joined the group with the same nutes..
yea all the same nutrients - (first a cap(5ml) of armour si (silica), maxi bloom powder. 1 small green scooper per gal now - before it was @ 1/2 ... + 1 cap (5ml) per 3 gallons of Floralicious Plus. This week, I added 1.3 caps (~9 ml) of liquid koolbloom. ppm = ~1100 PH 6.6

thanks man
LB

Hola! ! I went through my notes and yes, that was the only 1 that I mixed Roots Organics and Ocean Forest in the new 7 gal pot when I moved up from 3 gal pots 3 weeks ago ... I've since given her a good flush, and this week, she re-joined the group with the same nutes..
yea all the same nutrients - (first a cap(5ml) of armour si (silica), maxi bloom powder. 1 small green scooper per gal now - before it was @ 1/2 ... + 1 cap (5ml) per 3 gallons of Floralicious Plus. This week, I added 1.3 caps (~9 ml) of liquid koolbloom. ppm = ~1100 PH 6.6

thanks man
LB
Is she a darker green than the others on the nutrient regiment?
Or is the color fading?
Roots Organic and ocean forest in her pot, what is in the ones growing properly?
Just 1 or the other? Which one?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Is she a darker green than the others on the nutrient regiment?
Or is the color fading?
Roots Organic and ocean forest in her pot, what is in the ones growing properly?
Just 1 or the other? Which one?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Hi Bill, regarding the large Golden Tiger that looks sick, the color on the leaves and stems are pretty identical to the plants next to her. yes the rest were ' either or's ' ....either FF OF or R.O original. that one I mixed and found the runoff to be 3500, so the rest I did 'either or'. color is fading on the bottom, and I will get a pic of the color fading pattern, there is a distinct pattern to it...yellow, and a little green in the middle ...

lower yellow leaves with green center on the Golden Tiger

Screenshot 2024-09-01 at 5.53.33 AM.png
Lowers look better than the tops.
How far is the light there?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Bill I think you've nailed it, cos it def makes sense. I've also now learned a new way to read a plant so: thank you so much - that statement 'bottoms look better than the tops' - I had seen that but it just did not register till you said it.

The large Golden Tiger was indeed one of the tallest, now that they are all tied down to the netting, they are all at about 28" from the light as per the recommended flowering distance. it had gotten as close as 16" - good call, I was not watching that. That could def. be the culprit. I've turned down the light intensity a few clicks for the day to see what happens. the light was about 2 - 3 inches closer to the Malawi, and she did not show any signs, but maybe the Malawi is more resistant ? thanks man - LB

Update: I checked the leftovers from yesterday's feeding: 1300 PPM / 6.5 PH == Armour Si (silica), MaxiBloom powder, Floralicious Plus, liquid KoolBloom - in case anyone is wanting to know. In a couple of days, I may push a tiny bit more with the Maxi. I only add the KoolBloom every 2 or 3 feedings during bloom & flush w/water every 1 to 1.5 weeks.

Update: I checked the leftovers from yesterday's feeding: 1300 PPM / 6.5 PH == Armour Si (silica), MaxiBloom powder, Floralicious Plus, liquid KoolBloom - in case anyone is wanting to know. In a couple of days, I may push a tiny bit more with the Maxi. I only add the KoolBloom every 2 or 3 feedings during bloom & flush w/water every 1 to 1.5 weeks.
Are you mixing nutrients with your armour si?
It generally doesn't mix well with other nutrients.
How often are you giving it?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hi Bill,

I am mixing it as per the directions and as I've read in other threads: mix in the silica first. stir well, wait a few, then put in the nutes.
Usage: Add Armor Si to fresh water first. Stir
while adding. Next add fertilizer to water.
Check and adjust pH range to 5.5 to 6.5.
• Mild strength, add ¼ teaspoon Armor Si
per gallon water (.25 ml per Liter).
• Full Strength, add ½ teaspoon Armor Si
per gallon water (.5 ml per Liter).
• Maximum Strength, add 1 teaspoon
Armor Si per gallon of water (1 ml per Liter)​

I put in the floralicious plus, then the MaxiBloom, I put a little warm water in a gallon jug and 1 small green scoop per gallon. shake it up, and then add the pink liquid into my 5 gal bucket to do a final mix and measure....
I am usually doing the mild 1/4 - every other watering...but this week I went with full strength .5 ml

let me know if I can improve :)

:thanks:

How is it going @lovebean101

Golden Tiger can be a very fussy strain.
I believe I keep mind on a steady cal-mag in her nutrients solution.

I included the link to that journal if you would like to take a look.
I think it is only 8 pages, but there are many of us that grew Golden Tiger, so should be plenty of help.

Hope this helps.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Hi Bill,

I am mixing it as per the directions and as I've read in other threads: mix in the silica first. stir well, wait a few, then put in the nutes.
Usage: Add Armor Si to fresh water first. Stir
while adding. Next add fertilizer to water.
Check and adjust pH range to 5.5 to 6.5.
• Mild strength, add ¼ teaspoon Armor Si
per gallon water (.25 ml per Liter).
• Full Strength, add ½ teaspoon Armor Si
per gallon water (.5 ml per Liter).
• Maximum Strength, add 1 teaspoon
Armor Si per gallon of water (1 ml per Liter)​

I put in the floralicious plus, then the MaxiBloom, I put a little warm water in a gallon jug and 1 small green scoop per gallon. shake it up, and then add the pink liquid into my 5 gal bucket to do a final mix and measure....
I am usually doing the mild 1/4 - every other watering...but this week I went with full strength .5 ml

let me know if I can improve :)

:thanks:
Most silicate’s take a couple hrs to set properly with water before adding nutrients. :Namaste:
And it’s not required with every feed.
Once a week I give 300 ppm.
I give it in plain water, nothing else.
If measuring by volume go with.5 ml/l minimum.
Once a week in plain water.
On a day you give just water.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom