Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Good to hear you got it sorted out with the young seedlings hope the rest will follow suit for you . I just lost 3 outside to some animal , the tray got too hot yesterday and small ones drouping bad , so i got the pots not being used then and replanted put in half shade for today to recover a bit . 80-85 days and 50f nights here , got to love spring! :cool:

Good to hear you got it sorted out with the young seedlings hope the rest will follow suit for you . I just lost 3 outside to some animal , the tray got too hot yesterday and small ones drouping bad , so i got the pots not being used then and replanted put in half shade for today to recover a bit . 80-85 days and 50f nights here , got to love spring! :cool:
Well, when they all pop I'll have it "sorted"!

Yes, "Spring" is a challenge but you have to take advantage of that sun....even at the risk of losing some plants. I just ordered another Hydrofarm 20"x4" Jump Start heating mat for next year (on sale now @ Zon!) because now I have 6x pots squeezed onto 1 mat! Those mats are great especially if you have a larger mass (soil pot) to absorb the heat and hold it for the roots. I suspect they add a solid 10F...which makes a difference on a 50F night.

Oh two new strains, Nice!!
Actually, there will be a few more strains but I am not counting my chickens just yet...if you read up to here I spaced on the nighttime temps for germinating...have since put all the auto pots on my large germinating pad. I think I am ok, but give it a few more days and I hopefully will have 6x more strains (4x autos and 2x photos).

I made about 30 gallons more of soil so I could run another 2x photos and 1x auto...i am pushing my limit this summer in revolt against the Maine legislation voting to reduce # of plants....but that doesn't get ratified until Feb 2019 (because politricksters get paid by the hour, not by their accomplishments).

So it will be a busy GH this summer!

Got me thinking about the limits in my municipality. 12 with 6 in flower, per residence, or half that for a single person. I never approach that many so I never think of it. If I ever moved out of the city, I wannna have a greenhouse!
We like growing enough for friends!

Also, our law allows us to stockpile all we grow, so we just store it in half gallon mason jars in out root cellar...

Oh yes, that is the catch! 2 oz limit with a gift of up to 1 oz. I am not sure if that is per person or residence.

adults 21 years of age or older to possess up to two ounces of marijuana in one's primary residence without penalty

with 2 of us, I am thinking 4 oz limit. We only have 2 friends that would be interested. And only one I really consider, he is the only one who knows I grow for my wife, he offered to be my future trimmer helper. And he has great taste in smoke. It is really nice to have a outside taster for input on the grow.

Oh yes, that is the catch! 2 oz limit with a gift of up to 1 oz. I am not sure if that is per person or residence. with 2 of us, I am thinking 4 oz limit. We only have 2 friends that would be interested. And only one I really consider, he is the only one who knows I grow for my wife, he offered to be my future trimmer helper. And he has great taste in smoke. It is really nice to have a outside taster for input on the grow.

Odd that they limit the yield...or is that just what you can possess?

Nice to have a pair of helping hands...:hug:

Mass allows you to possess up to 10 ounces in your home......unless you grow it yourself, then you can have everything you harvest.....even over 10 ounces.

I guess that really means that they are restricting what you can buy legally or be gifted.

Mass allows you to possess up to 10 ounces in your home......unless you grow it yourself, then you can have everything you harvest.....even over 10 ounces. I guess that really means that they are restricting what you can buy legally or be gifted.

Maine only limits the amount per transaction (up to 2.5 oz per transaction) but they also don't limit the # of transactions so technically you can sit there and hand over 100x units @ 2.5 oz per :p...but then I wonder how would you transport it??

Also unlimited in your home if you grow it...

or is that just what you can possess?

What you can posses at home, That is how I read it:

permits adults 21 years of age or older to possess up to two ounces of marijuana in one's primary residence without penalty. Transfer without payment (but not sell) up to one ounce of marijuana to another person 21 years of age or older is also permitted. Provided that all persons residing within a single house or single rental unit may not grow more than twelve cannabis plants, with six or fewer being mature, flowering plants.

Not sure how well it was thought out, took effect in 2015. No biggie in the long run just a curiosity. Cheers!

@Van Stank I know you already told me, but when should I be checking for the sex on these Stanks? My fingers are crossed...was actually considering starting backups.
I usually find most regulars will start showing preflowers around day 30-35 from seed. Some show as early as 25 and some are a bit later...so say 25-40 days.

Generally you will need a loupe or something to be able to see it....even a good magnifying glass can help you see it.

If the nodes are alternating......there should be preflowers.

I usually find most regulars will start showing preflowers around day 30-35 from seed. Some show as early as 25 and some are a bit later...so say 25-40 days. Generally you will need a loupe or something to be able to see it....even a good magnifying glass can help you see it. If the nodes are alternating......there should be preflowers.

Ok, thanks. I don't think I have seen any nuts, but I I needed a visual to confirm what I was looking for so I grabbed some images for others in the future....

Ok, the Stanks were dropped March 14 and I just did another "check" for sex. Seems the KTF, ATF, and DTF are clearly females...and all are looking healthy...so great news.

The Stankberry however has one small nut-looking sac. Small, but definitely not on the others...maybe a female calyx?

Not the best photo...

Back
Top Bottom