Maine 4-Season Greenhouse Grow

Thanks Blew ! I don't think my basement would every dry them before they went to rot or mold ? But i have heard of the jars and want to try it out when times right .
Get a $10 temp/humidity sensor and put it in the area you want to dry...keep an eye on it for several days. Sweet spot for drying/curing is 60-65% RH and cooler. My root cellar is ideal :)

Nice :thumb: I was gonna get a few chickens for eggs this year but decided against it, gonna trying to get some small scale farming going. Can't put to much on my plate... it's already spilling off
Chickens are super easy...you won't get eggs for the first 5 months with chicks but then you will for 2-3 years after. We always have extra eggs and give them away...same as cannabis! It's the little things in life that are appreciated.

Newbie for cannabis and very glad to have found this online resource. We farm here @ 44'N in Maine so we have a lot of infrastructure already (insulated greenhouses and high tunnels) so we are going with what we know (and have) and not investing in lights etc. Maine just passed as law that residents can grow, at any time, twelve (12) mature plants, six (6) flowering plants, and unlimited seedlings. Which is awesome. Also, we are allowed to give away 2.5 oz at any time (and no limit to transactions) to any 21+ adult (without $ in return). Well, there is already a strong barter culture where I am so this, again, is awesome. We have a 12x24' passive solar greenhouse that we normally use for cucumbers and tomatoes but this year we are going to dedicate it to 8-10 cannabis plants and see how we do. As you can see from the attached photos we use aquaponics and, while we plan on using cloth bags this year, it is a nice resource for nitrogen rich watering! Have eight (8) beans which are four (4) of Northern Light Auto and four (4) White Widow Photo. I figured I would play with both and see how they responded to my particular circumstances. Got too excited and germinated one of each on Feb 28 and days late both popped (thanks CKS!). Since days are still lengthening here, I have a 100W CFL hood lamp (from the chicken coop) supplementing until 7pm (so 13 hours daylight). Hoping to transfer these into 2 gallon cloth bags and up-pot to 5 and then 10 gallons.
IMG_56067.jpg
20170305_084318_resized.jpg
Hi Blew, Thanks for the invite. Me being a flat and all. Hehe. So I'm going to read your journal and catch up. I do insist on "as organic" as I can. I however have a lot to learn. Down here in Mass I'm planning a small outdoor grow for my first time. Maybe one, possibly two plants. Getting pumped!

Hi Blew, Thanks for the invite. Me being a flat and all. Hehe. So I'm going to read your journal and catch up. I do insist on "as organic" as I can. I however have a lot to learn. Down here in Mass I'm planning a small outdoor grow for my first time. Maybe one, possibly two plants. Getting pumped!
Welcome. It's a lot easier to be "organic" outside...just find some decent soil and drop a seed. The rest is just details...

But as the saying goes "God is in the details"

Welcome. It's a lot easier to be "organic" outside...just find some decent soil and drop a seed. The rest is just details...

But as the saying goes "God is in the details"
True, the smallest things can bring about the biggest and best if we pay attention. I just finished your journal and see you do a super job at it.
Finally some weather in our favor is in sight. I'm about 30 miles south of you I think. It's about time! I'm getting excited for an outdoor grow. Never tried so I'm going with one photo plant in a big hole. Baby steps and I'm lazy. Already from reading your journal I know to dig wider than deep like the bigger grow bags. Thank you. In doors I'm going with 4 blueberry auto's. Won't be for 2 weeks though. Bring on the sun!

True, the smallest things can bring about the biggest and best if we pay attention. I just finished your journal and see you do a super job at it.
Finally some weather in our favor is in sight. I'm about 30 miles south of you I think. It's about time! I'm getting excited for an outdoor grow. Never tried so I'm going with one photo plant in a big hole. Baby steps and I'm lazy. Already from reading your journal I know to dig wider than deep like the bigger grow bags. Thank you. In doors I'm going with 4 blueberry auto's. Won't be for 2 weeks though. Bring on the sun!
:thumb:

Well, I finally got my 10-gallon pots today and was able to get 8x filled for summer autos....which is awesome! Topped off all the other larger pots as well. Not a speck of unused soil in the GH!

My Basalt and Glacial Magic Dust arrives Thursday so I am going to distribute amongst the pots and then get the autos going....who knows, I might even get my @SeedsMan CBD Cream and Cheese by then!

looking good blew! Cant wait to see that greenhouse filled to the brim!

Out of curiousity, did you build your greenhouse? Im trying to come up with a plan for a small one in my backyard... Do you know of any good literature i can study up on? Going to make a steel frame at work, just wondering what sort of material you used for the panels... laws are changing north of the border supposedly... So i figure if i put one in and grow veggies this year, the neighbours will be use to it by next year and i could my 4per household outside next summer

Here's to a green house full of green! And maybe some purple.

Just a quick worm update.... I got my second tote up and running. The first had its last worm food (shrimp shells) added for the summer. Someone mentioned molasses for VC? Just curious about your thoughts. Figured it's just extra microbes and stuff?

And I have a friend looking to start some totes down the road. So I offered to seed a tote for them.

So thanks for starting this great little new obsession. It's been a lot of fun and I have some big plans for these worms. Hope your weeks going well.

So, could these worms be taught to fish? Or are they strictly trained to make EWC?

Out of curiousity, did you build your greenhouse? Im trying to come up with a plan for a small one in my backyard... Do you know of any good literature i can study up on? Going to make a steel frame at work, just wondering what sort of material you used for the panels... laws are changing north of the border supposedly... So i figure if i put one in and grow veggies this year, the neighbours will be use to it by next year and i could my 4per household outside next summer

Yes, I built it after researching options/designs online. I pulled a lot of the techniques from CO GH design that went back to the 70's (and earlier). It was basically the first major structure I ever built...did it with a handsaw and a power drill! The panels are polycarbonate (triple wall) and I got them discounted through an Ag cooperative program. I highly recommend it if you are in harsh winter weather areas. I sleep fine when the wind and snow are howling...they are strong and add strength to the structure (unlike 6mm poly). Ventilation is key, so don't underestimate that aspect either.

Just a quick worm update.... I got my second tote up and running. The first had its last worm food (shrimp shells) added for the summer.

You might want to keep feeding them...they want to eat hard for the first 2 months and then you can coast. If the food is gone...they need more.

Someone mentioned molasses for VC? Just curious about your thoughts. Figured it's just extra microbes and stuff?.

Keep it simple. Worms are millions of years old and like basic food. Cavemen didn't have molasses. ;)

Just a quick worm update.... I got my second tote up and running. So thanks for starting this great little new obsession. It's been a lot of fun and I have some big plans for these worms. Hope your weeks going well..
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom