Look at this beauty! I'm looking for some tips :) I'm very anxious

Hi everyone, can you give me some tips for this stage? It looks like I'm transitioning from a seedling to the vegetative stage. Should I trim anything, or do any topping or fimming, or should I just relax and wait? If you could provide tips for the future, I would really appreciate it. I'll send a photo. This baby is a photoperiod Gelato in the last days of the 4th week. I'm very grateful! I could only get to this point with your help. :Namaste:

A short summary

Germinated in coco with perlite and transplanted to peat with perlite.
I plan to use rooter in the first 6 weeks.
In a 5-gallon pot, I water with 1.5L to 2L when dry, carefully monitoring pH 6.0, EC, and ppm (EC and ppm depend on the week).

After the first 6 weeks, I'll start using a tea made of Bokashi with molasses and algae, with a bit of GH fertilizer and Cal-Mag only if needed. Before that, I'm using a solution with a little bit of nutrients.
The light is now around 385-400 PPFD.
p1.jpeg

p2.jpeg

p3.jpeg
What fertilizer are you using? All I have used so far was chicken manure from a local farmer. It was not processed. It is raw and I cut it 50/50 rain water and chicken manure. I feed once a week with the bottom of my pot open to drain out excess water. Then I recycle the water everyday and add more if needed. I believe I am doing right by the way the trichomes show. I am still new to growing and anybody who has better information. Please inform us. Thank you.

PXL_20241025_014824284.jpg

What fertilizer are you using? All I have used so far was chicken manure from a local farmer. It was not processed. It is raw and I cut it 50/50 rain water and chicken manure. I feed once a week with the bottom of my pot open to drain out excess water. Then I recycle the water everyday and add more if needed. I believe I am doing right by the way the trichomes show. I am still new to growing and anybody who has better information. Please inform us. Thank you.

PXL_20241025_014824284.jpg
I'm new too, and I use a mix of organic and mineral fertilizers.

Your trichomes look well-developed, what a beautiful plant!

If I had to guess, I’d say that using molasses and seaweed, along with the purple light, might yield results regarding trichomes... but that’s just a fantasy in my head, I’m not sure what really impacts that.

I'm still struggling to keep it alive:cool: I haven't reached those advanced topics yet.
I wish I had a purple light too! :ganjamon:

But I believe there are several experts in this forum who can help you with that.
@Azimuth and @Bill284 have helped me a lot, they seem to have a deep knowledge in this area.

I cut individual branches and wet trim.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Thanks, @Bill284! I don’t have a lot of space, LOL. Any hacks for making the most of my 1x1m grow tent?

Quick question: Are thicker branches at the bottom and thinner ones at the top related to air density? Shouldn't it be the opposite since thinner branches dry faster? And does warmer air stay at the top, or does that not matter?

I'm new too, and I use a mix of organic and mineral fertilizers.

Your trichomes look well-developed, what a beautiful plant!

If I had to guess, I’d say that using molasses and seaweed, along with the purple light, might yield results regarding trichomes... but that’s just a fantasy in my head, I’m not sure what really impacts that.

I'm still struggling to keep it alive:cool: I haven't reached those advanced topics yet.
I wish I had a purple light too! :ganjamon:

But I believe there are several experts in this forum who can help you with that.
@Azimuth and @Bill284 have helped me a lot, they seem to have a deep knowledge in this area.
Well regarding the purple light I got off Amazon for I believe it was $50. I figured it would be something small to just do one girl. With keeping it alive only fertilize once every two weeks. And just keep on adding water. I did not use a fan until she was about three nodes high. Do not point the fan directly at your girls because it could harm then. What are your girls? Autos or photos?

What fertilizer are you using? All I have used so far was chicken manure from a local farmer. It was not processed. It is raw and I cut it 50/50 rain water and chicken manure. I feed once a week with the bottom of my pot open to drain out excess water.
Raw chicken manure is said to be "hot" and can easily burn your plants. Best is to compost it first though, that said, looks like it's working out well for you.

Rabbit and worm manure are the only ones I know of that are recommended to be used raw. Maybe also Llama/alpaca but @StoneOtter can weigh in there.

@Snowman1, some people even make stove gas from chicken manure. They leave it in the sun, and that stuff generates some pretty intense gases. But if you don’t handle it correctly, it can explode in a closed space! :nervous-guy::sorry:

Raw chicken manure is said to be "hot" and can easily burn your plants. Best is to compost it first though, that said, looks like it's working out well for you.

Rabbit and worm manure are the only ones I know of that are recommended to be used raw. Maybe also Llama/alpaca but @StoneOtter can weigh in there.
"HOT" it is not! I get the manure in a sealed container(that would be considered "HOT MANURE". I have a sealed container that I put 50% manure 50% water and seal it up. I put it in my shed for about one week. After that I separated it one more time 50/50 manure and water in my my feeding container. The rest I put away for further use. So it is not considered "HOT"

PXL_20241026_014515207.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20241025_184733463.jpg

Thanks, @Bill284! I don’t have a lot of space, LOL. Any hacks for making the most of my 1x1m grow tent?

Quick question: Are thicker branches at the bottom and thinner ones at the top related to air density? Shouldn't it be the opposite since thinner branches dry faster? And does warmer air stay at the top, or does that not matter?
There's like a cool dry net you can get with 8 90cm round nets that fits nicely in a 100x100 tent and that gives up to 5 square meters of drying space. But just putting some wires up and hanging weed is better, if the buds are big they get squished by their weight when you dry them on a net.

"HOT" it is not! I get the manure in a sealed container(that would be considered "HOT MANURE". I have a sealed container that I put 50% manure 50% water and seal it up. I put it in my shed for about one week. After that I separated it one more time 50/50 manure and water in my my feeding container. The rest I put away for further use. So it is not considered "HOT"
Ah, sounds like you start to do a bit of an initial ferment with it a la Jadam, though those usually take a few months to fully break down, at least for the plant matter versions I do.

I make one with comfrey leaves and, although it starts to be usable a week or two after adding water, it definitely gets better with age. I've found after about the three month mark that the comfrey at least is mostly broken down.

The version I make using worm castings is broken down much sooner so I assume the same would apply to your chicken manure.

But, as I said above, it seems to be working for you so :thumb: .

Back
Top Bottom