Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

Aargh .. please people .. I'm still trying to learn how to FLUX .. now everybody starts showcasing their DFW, something I thought only the FLUX-god could do ... and now I want one too :|

j/k .. I'm so envious of you all ... funny too .. I forgot what it felt like ... must mean I found the right hobby :)

He he DFW ftw! :) My first was a split level one then it clicked and I went a fimming! :)
20140201_130659.jpg
20140227_183628.jpg
20140227_185642.jpg
20140624_161357.jpg
20140624_161357.jpg
20140626_123014.jpg
20140626_123006.jpg

Hey LA I know you are a busy man but if you could pop over to my journal and drop some wisdom on me it would be greatly appreciated. links in my siggy. Thanks a bunch. Go Deathstar!!!!

Hey there LA and everyone else :)
This is an awesome journal to look through which I have not had the pleasure of doing so yet.
I got directed here from the nice bloke Tassie.
Run into a minor issue, I was planning on scrogging my Strawberry cough Fem but I have an auto BS going aswell which has just started flowering/stretching.
I don't think it will be quiet efficient to scrog SC anymore especlly since some of the training I started doing to her, so Tas saw the training I did and directed me here to get some advice/help.
Hope you don't mind me sharing a few pics to aid my words.
This was her maybe a week ago
IMAG11826.jpg

IMAG11865.jpg

And a day or 2 after
IMAG11923.jpg

And here she is today
IMAG12143.jpg

Hey my friend sorry for the late reply :)
I've been flat out and lost track with so many fluxing my mind sometimes gets fluxed up!

So if i remember your response last time you have as long as you want for veg? If so we can get you a mad crop :)
Firstly if you have a long time to veg I would strip all the secondary shoots off along the limbs. I train fluxes to produce just one monster colas per limb. this lends to be able to fool the plant into believing they are all the main dominant one!
Your nodal spacing looks great so all good there!
So yep if you wanna flux it up big then I'm here and will reply with a little more haste! :)

Going to be able to start posting pictures here again soon! Just waiting on my blue dream girls to get a little bigger so I can start my magic again. I really enjoyed my flux waffle waste time (flux after a fim instead of after topping) but it was harder work and I'm not sure weather to flux or flux waffle again!

What you think sensei?

For your space buddy a norm set of fluxes are a better fit by far! The DFW is a personal little fiddle design lol. Loads of work and great for a monster solo grow, but not for multiple girls!
Its just an indulgence of mine, as I love spending inordinate amounts of time in my plants world! :)
Also a norm flux will yield far more. I'd just run ya fluxes with less height but more depth. As in leave more low down foliage and build colas from down low . Using less wasted vert?? :)

Hey my friend sorry for the late reply :)
I've been flat out and lost track with so many fluxing my mind sometimes gets fluxed up!

So if i remember your response last time you have as long as you want for veg? If so we can get you a mad crop :)
Firstly if you have a long time to veg I would strip all the secondary shoots off along the limbs. I train fluxes to produce just one monster colas per limb. this lends to be able to fool the plant into believing they are all the main dominant one!
Your nodal spacing looks great so all good there!
So yep if you wanna flux it up big then I'm here and will reply with a little more haste! :)

Hey LA
Don't stress to much about taking your time I can fully understand how flat out you would be with not only your journal grows but also your tutorial journals and everything else you would have going on it would keep you going pretty flat out thanks for replying though :)
You are correct there I have a pretty much unlimited vege, a little restriction in space with my auto flowering but that won't matter to much.
Thanks I'm lucky with the node spacing its kind of been luck without being able to adjust my LED yet and a nice indoor monster would be lovely to accompany my outdoor one :)
The next few days ill be away from my grow for a little while house sitting for some one but will be back in a couple of days.
So I thought is grab some pics now for you to have a look at how she recovered from the defol 2 days ago, I think I went a little overboard and may have accidently got rid of a few side shoots still have a few small ones though, there's abit of uneven growth on her aswell which I'm working on but apart from that she's all good and ready for some work :)

Overall pic
IMAG12326.jpg

And close up of her stems and limbs :)
IMAG12345.jpg

Alright mate, reporting will be first on my list when I get home :)
Im keen to get busy with I've been sitting back letting her go to much for my liking its boring haha
Excellent words there I think my last defol I left a few of those fans on so next on my list will be removing under/over growth tips and those fan leaves I missed.
With being away few days I'm hoping when I get back there I have some nice side shoots to work with or coming through.
Very excited to see this come together I've dealt with this plant for to long to not have a good yeild however this experience will be worth it either way :)

Thanks for your help, ill update you pics when I get home and get all this done

Hey all, hope everyone's having a good day/night :)

I gave SC(strawberry cough) her repot, unfortunately my pots not wide enough for my liking so ill find one to get her in during the next few weeks, she responds well to the stress from repots and defols so far, I'm happy :)
SC is 75 days old I reported her diagonally in my square pot so each of the 4 main limbs are at each corner of the pot so they can reach the furthest point of pot. I will buy some more garden wire so I can tie these limbs down to some thing else when they get past the pot edge to far.
Anyways, I think I've removed most of the top facing fan leaves and also the under over shoots, there is a new set of long side shoots coming out both ends of the main 2 arms.
Here's some pics :)
IMAG12427.jpg
IMAG12419.jpg

Bit curious if I should be a tad heavier on my trimming?

OK :)

Firstly Ultra my friend she is coming along nicely! :)

BabyG :) I have one going about the same age/size so we can go step by step together! :)

SirBud :) your defol is fine! As you stripped some of the early on side shoots, I'd already be thinking of redirecting a couple of the newer limbs back into the heart of your plant. Pick the busiest main limbs and adjust maybe one or two of the lesser limbs from the busiest points on the main arms. Just start them on a path back to fill in the center.
This will also give more room to the points your now getting plenty of side on nodes forming so its a win win :)

Hey all :)
Well I got abit of training done, focused on getting those lesser limbs more straight and directed inwards, also did a little more trimming.
While finishing up on my training I wanted to lower mains a little bit bit and I went to far and caused a split ahhh, straight down the main stalk, so I took pressure of the 2 mains and strapped her up and ill hope she'll recover from there, I have seen a lot recover so fingers crossed.
I put to big white wire loops in 2 corners to help connect wires to.
So I suppose ill have to take a break on training the main arms, can I continue training the other smaller limbs? Or to much stress while she's healing?
IMAG12525.jpg

IMAG12518.jpg

THANK YOU!
well that's a sigh of relief then, I was starting to wonder what i'll do with myself without being able to peek and train away, so that's good.
She's a strong girl so I'm sure she'll take it in her stride :)

On a different side note if your willing LA, have you done much work with trimming or working with autos?
I lst my first auto awhile back before I knew about it affecting the yeild, but my next grows going to be all autos, and as I've mentioned I have one now that's in flower so I'm a little curious if there's anything work you can get away with on autos without affecting them to much.

Just a little picture update after defoling the growth sites some more. Basically every other day I am trimming of any leaves that shaded any of the growth sites off the flux arms and any over/unders on the main. Is this okay to do, or should I wait longer?? I try and leave the underside fan leaves on the flux arms so its' not totally bald all the time. lol.

image19753.jpg

Is this and mainlining the same thing? If not what are the differences?

Nope, not the same. Main-lining involves getting a main node with a couple of branches on the usually 2 nodes.

This involves getting 2 'flux arms', where you let these tips grow sideways, and let their side shoots grow just their tips as well. The end result is the same, main colas only.

Midasone, :)

Fluxing is my adaptation onwards from ML. With ML you top and top again etc, with fluxing you only top 3 times. This is the same even if you had a flux with 60 sites :)
Fluxing uses more LST and HST than ML. Then you have the perfect level of a fluxes base frame. This lends to being able to keep every single colas on a level and total manageability for even colas spacing.

Then with fluxing if done correctly, you can use my feeding loop idea! :)

So yep its a different style :) :)

Back
Top Bottom