Light Addict's Fluxing Central - Featuring The Original Flux Journal

I've just switched to root riot plugs so for my 1st clone I want to try one out. I will be doing more clones in the near future so I might try the water technique. Did you just use tap water Peyton?

The first week it was non pH'd tap water with rooting compound, and when it would get low I refilled it with seedling mix I made up, which is just 1ml each of grow micro and bloom.

High GardenFaery :passitleft:, I believe "the waffle" is the four way and

it refers to the "grid / checkerboard" look, of the wire pattern.

LA's girl, not my waffle-work
20140201_13065229.png

High GardenFaery :passitleft:, I believe "the waffle" is the four way and

it refers to the "grid / checkerboard" look, of the wire pattern.

LA's girl, not my waffle-work
20140201_13065229.png
Would be a inspiring and learning to try this method, but someway i think it's not that suitable for my clone?

If I'm wrong correct me? ;)

Grow it into a monster spiral fluxy momma :)

That's what I did with one of my outdoor plants which had one side break off.

c910.jpg

This is actually growing in a spiral, but you can't see it. I removed a few leaves today for sun to get in deeper as these plants outside are very dense.

Tut style...okay, that's what I'll also do on the clone. I have to go read that now. I think I probably already did read it. Just need a brush up cus I forgot.

Same just went to refresh my memories and make a bookmark ;) I will transplant it tomorrow and the fun can begin!! :Namaste:

But I'm still quite not sure how to start on my clone.. guess i must read some more... :tokin:

Same just went to refresh my memories and make a bookmark ;) I will transplant it tomorrow and the fun can begin!! :Namaste:

But I'm still quite not sure how to start on my clone.. guess i must read some more... :tokin:

all your answers are waiting in yard, if my green light is on, ask / post your questions, I will be in and out for another 3-4 hours, LA is sound asleep!

I answerred some questions for you on this , I think?? if i missed something, ask me again. I can only keep up in my yard, this is why I like your/any questions posted over there. don't worry about pestering me, if it gets too much, I'll let you know (politely) i'M THE GUY THAT WILL BE FIRST TO REFER TO THE GUIDE, NO ONE HAS EVER GOT ME TO THAT POINT (OOPS) fluxin caplock. before you transplant, drill holes around the top edge of your pot, there are many pics showing this in the first several pages of my flux journal/my yard, don't be shy!:high-five:

Good morning Flux'ers.....

And a good morning to you Professor.....well morning for me....LOL.

First question of the day.

When we're talking about the flow of energy. When is it most important? During training, when we are training the branches out to the pot rim? Or after we let them go vertical? At which point we're training the dominate main heads?

Thanks and back to the shadows I go....

Mornin buddy, fluxing naturally lends itself to easy flow etc. We utilize this as we veg them out. This is just the bonus of the style, then its later when going vert and budding that we use the feeding loop idea. As soon as vert is started I raise the 2 ends just a touch! :) then carry on through till end! :)

As I was asking I was working that out in my head. Thanks...

OK this one is for Skunnymonster!! :)

Firstly I apologize for my rough diagram and not very succinct overview.
This is to explain two things, one being defol for the main colas sites when going vert with a flux. The other is just simply showing my defol on secondary shoots coming off the main branches. :)
This first pic shows a crappie sketch. The staggered lines on the left, are a rough representation of the side on view. The odd 3 crosses with the circle etc is an overview., the circle being the direction of the trunk in relation to colas sites. The compass point bit is so I can explain which leaf is which! :)
20140727_162234.jpg

Now in the pic the side on representation is obviously showing just the sideways leafs (east and west) if you can work it out I just work my way round the plant taking one leaf per node. Then on the next colas site I take this one again, the next level up is a mirror image. It gives you this staggered leaf structure.
Now as for North and south leaves on each colas site. Simply put, I remove all North leafs (the ones always pointing back into the plants center. The South facing leaf (the one on exterior pointing outwards) I just tend to leave untill they're not getting much light later on! :)

Sorry I hope that made sense! :)

Now onto secondary shoots etc. As I've said before I control these by either squeezing the top node. Damaging it internally to stunt its stretch. Or the repeated removal of the top completely open leaf set. This you do a couple of times max though :)

Pics are my only two girls at mine a present. They're just in veg and being forgotten! :) not even sure why or what ill do with them lol. :))

20140727_165736.jpg
20140727_165755.jpg
20140727_165830.jpg

The first shows the secondary shoot. The second the removal of the top set of leaves as described. The third is where if I hadn't stripped the leaves , is the same actual spot I'd crush the node. Obviously earlier on in the shoots life so as to stunt. These girls ain't had anything like that lol just done this for an example! :)
Anyway couple of others showing my poor little buggers off! :)
20140727_165538.jpg
20140727_165515.jpg
20140727_165633.jpg
20140727_165648.jpg

I thought I'd share the latest pictures of my girl going vertical.

IMG_002584.JPG
IMG_002669.JPG
IMG_002872.JPG

Beautiful looking specimen Skunny....

And LA if I may, To answer your last question Skunny, IMO only crush the ones needed as they need. And like LA suggested keep crushing to a minimum. It doesn't add to bud sites it slows down the growth of that branch while the others work on catching up. The crushed branch slows down because it is healing the crush point.

I'd also like to add....awesome job of filling in the middle. I need to look at your gurl closer to see which branches you used.

Back
Top Bottom