Let's Attempt A 1lb Grow!

Who's ready for some beautiful eye candy! I love my beautiful plants and they love me they would still so wet from the water yesterday I didn't give them s***!

20230823_220651.jpg

20230823_220624.jpg

20230823_220612.jpg

20230823_220551.jpg

20230823_220537.jpg

20230823_220526.jpg

20230823_220512.jpg

20230823_220503.jpg

20230823_220456.jpg

20230823_220447.jpg

How about a couple more for you. I hope everyone had a great day. Stay Green everyone. These buds are starting to get ripe as hell! Got that Krissi smell! She smells rather skunky / fruity right now but when she comes down to the cure All gas f****** dead ass skunk!!

20230823_220430.jpg

20230823_220330.jpg

20230823_220323.jpg

They're even better looking than your new phone! Have you picked out a leaf to watch for wilt during the drought?

Yeah ya do! :)
Good morning I got many leaves it's hard to choose from so whatever is the closest and easiest for others to follow and to input. But anyways time for a long day at work holler at you later hope everyone's doing okay.

Probably somewhere in this area since my colas are more straighter! And I also want to put this picture in it's almost time to take this I'm hungry for some sour g! More and more stigmas are turning is pretty much drought time bro what do you think? In my eyes I say go with it. My buds is chunky as hell they're well formed and the stigmas are starting to recede well hell y'all see everything y'all see my chunky monkey buds full of crystals without no drought and without low humidity... I think it is nigh time... I'll see about watering again tonight but honestly Shed I couldn't believe it I didn't water for 2 days and I gave them two liters and they have runoff which I never have a 2 l which tells me they're drinking less top of the soil was so wet last night I said no I said I'm passing on watering we'll see what it looks like tonight but the next time I water it's going to be with rent off and drought will start after that...

Don't worry Keith I still got you on a drought brother! This Tuesday will be the drought I'm not f****** around no more that'll be eight and a half weeks of flower already
Thanks, marcus I am looking forward to it your growing skills are second to none as I am sure it will show.

A lot fewer white pistils in there now so it might be time to soak them and see how long they last!
As I stated above I watered them two days ago with two liters and they was still rather wet last night! So next time I water will be a full water and then drought by my choice.

A lot fewer white pistils in there now so it might be time to soak them and see how long they last!
Hope you doing okay shed it's time to leave Dunkin and head to campbellsville Dunkin' donuts. I came into my regular store this morning just to help them out for a little bit before we head there

Probably somewhere in this area since my colas are more straighter! And I also want to put this picture in it's almost time to take this I'm hungry for some sour g! More and more stigmas are turning is pretty much drought time bro what do you think? In my eyes I say go with it. My buds is chunky as hell they're well formed and the stigmas are starting to recede well hell y'all see everything y'all see my chunky monkey buds full of crystals without no drought and without low humidity... I think it is nigh time... I'll see about watering again tonight but honestly Shed I couldn't believe it I didn't water for 2 days and I gave them two liters and they have runoff which I never have a 2 l which tells me they're drinking less top of the soil was so wet last night I said no I said I'm passing on watering we'll see what it looks like tonight but the next time I water it's going to be with rent off and drought will start after that...
lmao. i 4got 2 take the pic! me tired boss...

3 Tips for Controlled Drought Stress​

Limit water to maximize cannabinoid and terpene levels in cannabis production.
DR. DERON CAPLAN, PH.D. | MAY 2021
Figure 1. Location for leaf angle measurement to indicate degree of wilting in cannabis.
Severe drought lowers yields and kills crops, but, in moderation, drought can stimulate secondary metabolite production. Slight and infrequent drought stress combined with high solar radiation is recognized to increase essential oils in herbs and spices in places such as the Mediterranean. Fortunately, cannabis growers can also use drought to their advantage to increase the secondary metabolite content, or cannabinoids and terpenes, of their crops.
Researchers at the University of Guelph (U of G) found that a single controlled application of drought stress increased the concentration of tetrahydrocannabinol acid (THCA) and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA) by 12% and 13%, respectively, compared to a non-stressed control. Further, yield per unit growing area of THCA, CBDA, THC and CBD increased 43%, 47%, 50% and 67%, respectively.
Applying controlled drought stress may be difficult in some cultivation systems, but for those interested in experimenting (carefully), here are some tips.

Tip 1: Go slow and watch for wilting.​

In the U of G study, drought stress was applied by allowing the container-grown cannabis plants to dry slowly under standard conditions. As water became limiting (around the 11-day mark), the fan leaves began to wilt and the plants were rewatered. Wilting was defined as a 50% increase in leaf angle from their normal state and measured using a handheld protractor (Fig 1).

SPONSORED CONTENT

Grow Top-Shelf Cannabis with the Right Light

Deliver optimized light levels in the right spectrum to your light-loving cannabis plants with Philips LED toplighting compact. Multiple spectral options including our new Efficient Broad White, to optimize growth for every stage: veg to flower to mother. Covered, protected diodes are easy to clean, ensuring consistent light output.
Note that the wilting response to drought varies by species, and only one cultivar was used in the study. Other cultivars may wilt differently, making it important to watch your plants closely. Other drought stress indicators such as growing media moisture content may be better suited for some cultivars.
Figure 2. Visual effects of drought stress on Cannabis sativa L. ‘NC:Med (Nebula)’
Photos by Deron Caplan

Tip 2: Apply drought stress during mid-to-late flowering.​

Drought stress timing is essential to minimize yield losses and maximize the concentration of secondary metabolites. If drought is applied while the plants are growing vegetatively, you can expect a drop in yield. In the U of G study, drought was applied at week 7 in flower when vegetative growth was mostly complete.
Cannabinoids accumulate mostly during the flowering stage, but the timing of cannabinoid concentration varies by cultivar. It is best to collect cannabinoid content data throughout the crop to inform when to apply the stress, but this can be cost prohibitive for some growers. In most cases, a good place to start is two to three weeks before harvest and iterate from there.

Tip 3: Start slow, and don’t overdo it.​

A host of factors can influence water use in plants. For example, high heat, low humidity and high airflow can increase water usage. Additionally, a low growing media volume can decrease water availability. Both increased water usage and reduced availability can expedite drought stress symptoms.
In the U of G study, wilting occurred after 11 days without water. The drought stress was gradual, allowing the plants to acclimate. Keep this time frame in mind when applying drought stress in your cultivation system—you may need to adjust environmental conditions, the growing media, or the pot size to get comparable results

picture1_fmt.png

Back
Top Bottom