Lem's 2014 Outdoor Grow Journal

Yeah, when are they gonna start flowering, that's always the question :) This year I'm betting my Malawi Gold will be the late bloomer, probably around early September. The rest of my plants are already in early flowering. Aurora Ultra and Super Lemon Haze are being forced. AU has already showed female preflowers, so I'm happy that I'm gonna try this smoke this season. Excellent update, lem! As always :lot-o-toke:

SO Tall now!!! haha~:bravo:

2014 Up Date part 2.-We will start with the Cage. :
2014_Up_Date_039.jpg
2014_Up_Date_040.jpg
2014_Up_Date_041.jpg
2014_Up_Date_042.jpg
This is the top Water Fall Pond.:
2014_Up_Date_043.jpg
These are 34 of the 40 clones I took last. All rooted and ready to go.:
2014_Up_Date_044.jpg
The Water Fall.:
2014_Up_Date_045.jpg
2014_Up_Date_046.jpg
And now for Planter #1. :
2014_Up_Date_049.jpg
You see how this is a little Fimmed Branch. There is over 100 of these.:
2014_Up_Date_050.jpg
2014_Up_Date_051.jpg
2014_Up_Date_056.jpg
2014_Up_Date_057.jpg
I found these two plants right next to each other,all tore up.I thought it was a worm,but after closer inspection it was a Grass Hopper.Pretty much wiped them out.:
2014_Up_Date_058.jpg
2014_Up_Date_059.jpg
Heres what I had to cut off.:
2014_Up_Date_060.jpg
Now for Planter # 2.:
2014_Up_Date_061.jpg
2014_Up_Date_062.jpg
2014_Up_Date_063.jpg
2014_Up_Date_064.jpg
2014_Up_Date_065.jpg
2014_Up_Date_066.jpg
2014_Up_Date_067.jpg
2014_Up_Date_068.jpg
2014_Up_Date_069.jpg
2014_Up_Date_070.jpg
2014_Up_Date_071.jpg
and none are showing the first signs of Flowering. Well thats it for this time my friends. Live Each Day To The Fullest. TOAST

Hi Twilight LED :ciao:

Please do us a favor, when a member posts a very large sequence of pictures in their update, please don't immediately quote and bump their entire update right after they post it. Bumping it to a new page is good educate, but making us scroll through ALL of the same photos on the same page is getting kinda annoying.. :tokin:

Thank you. :thanks:

Yeah indeed Lem, funny you say that. I've also been having increased encounters. Pulled a few small ones yesterday and I've been finding a decent bit of eggs. Like you said, time to keep a better eye out :geek:

Wonderful updates, Lem. :thanks: Your garden is a joy to see.

Quick question from a first-timer to an old-timer: Grasshoppers, cicadas, long legged jumping things...whatever...friend or foe? I keep knocking them off my plants. They seem to love siting on the stems.

Thank you, Captain. :circle-of-love:

Yeah, tell me more about the insects. Today wehn I was inspecting my plants I found a locust, a spider, few strange-looking moths, but I'm still bud worm free. Must be a Cali thing :hookah:

Hey Mr. Teddy. Definitely "foes" that you want to get rid of. They eat massive holes in leaves & can gnaw through many in a short time. Worse yet, some will munch out & level out all the pistils on top of a bud. Spray them.

Wonderful updates, Lem. :thanks: Your garden is a joy to see.

Quick question from a first-timer to an old-timer: Grasshoppers, cicadas, long legged jumping things...whatever...friend or foe? I keep knocking them off my plants. They seem to love siting on the stems.

Thank you, Captain. :circle-of-love:

Hey Mr. Teddy. Definitely "foes" that you want to get rid of. They eat massive holes in leaves & can gnaw through many in a short time. Worse yet, some will munch out & level out all the pistils on top of a bud. Spray them.

Thank you so much, brightlight. It's 1.30 in the morning here, but I've just done an inspection thanks to your advice. Found 2 red ones. Good save. Thank you, friend.

OH, so sorry for that. Relaxed Lester. :Namaste:

I was reminded by 420, and in here, I apology for anyone which was bothered. :Namaste:

And maybe I was too active ! :)

Hi Twilight LED :ciao:

Please do us a favor, when a member posts a very large sequence of pictures in their update, please don't immediately quote and bump their entire update right after they post it. Bumping it to a new page is good educate, but making us scroll through ALL of the same photos on the same page is getting kinda annoying.. :tokin:

Thank you. :thanks:

Hello Mr Teddy,how is the wife doing.I hope the cannabis treatment is still helping her get a good nights sleep.Thats so importent with her condition.As for pests I would have to see a picture to tell you any thing,or at least the name of the insect your having trouble with. Now I have these Insects on my plants,and have had them every year on my out door plants.I dont have any idea what they are and I havent yet found them on the internet. But there about 1 inch long and maybe 1/8 inch wide, there useally Dark colored and some have a lighter color band right behind the head.The realy trippy part is when you try to get them, they flip to the oppisent side of the stem. Its all most like they disapeer and reapeer they move so fast. Then if you get them cornered they just fly to another plant. I am assuming that they are pest hunters, because Ive never seen them do any damage to the plants. So now I just leave them alone. TOAST

Hello Mr Teddy,how is the wife doing.I hope the cannabis treatment is still helping her get a good nights sleep.Thats so importent with her condition.As for pests I would have to see a picture to tell you any thing,or at least the name of the insect your having trouble with. Now I have these Insects on my plants,and have had them every year on my out door plants.I dont have any idea what they are and I havent yet found them on the internet. But there about 1 inch long and maybe 1/8 inch wide, there useally Dark colored and some have a lighter color band right behind the head.The realy trippy part is when you try to get them, they flip to the oppisent side of the stem. Its all most like they disapeer and reapeer they move so fast. Then if you get them cornered they just fly to another plant. I am assuming that they are pest hunters, because Ive never seen them do any damage to the plants. So now I just leave them alone. TOAST

And hello to you, Lem. You know I adore you and your journal. But I'll say it again. So good to see your back a little better. And I hope you are recovering well from your recent tumble. That was a top photo mind you.

Mrs T is slowly working through the ripening buds (grrrrr) but it's really helping her get pain free and sleepy. Thanks for remembering.

Re The Critters I have here. They are also about 1 inch, like little grasshoppers and a beautiful dull, dark red. I'll try and get a snap for you. But what you describe is EXACTLY what they do. I've been squashing them today but to be honest I don't like it - they are so pretty.

:love: Mr Teddy

So today is the first day I've been actually able to grip or hold things with my Left Arm. I've had it in a sling sence I tackled my Tub. LOL Any way After I watered the hill I started checking out the buds on the three Grape Ape and the one L.A. Confidencial and before I was done, 30 thats right 30 Worms layed dead on the ground. They were only on those four plants.They realy didnt do much damage concidering how many there were. Heres the L.A. Confidencial :
Worm_Attack_028.jpg
Worm_Attack_029.jpg
Worm_Attack_030.jpg
This bud on the Grape Ape took a pretty good hit :
Worm_Attack_031.jpg
Worm_Attack_032.jpg
Worm_Attack_033.jpg
Worm_Attack_034.jpg
And I just want to show how big planter two has gotten.:
Worm_Attack_038.jpg
Well all things concidered Im feelin pretty good.It will be a week Im sure before Im back to just being OLD. lol Right now Im in a battle with my new Fly Swatter and a Horse Fly so got to go. TOAST

Hi Lem. Tip top post as usual. Great to see how those babies have shot up. 'You the man' is, I believe, the American expression.

Something makes me think that you will never be OLD like a lot of old people I've met.

Here's one of my critters enjoying a rest on my kelp before it tries to get back on my plants:

DSC_10956.JPG

:circle-of-love::cheer:

Wow! What an update Lem! The Planter #2 plants got huge, it's going to be one hell of a planter bed. Can't believe it. Planter #1 is probably going insane too :dreamy:

Nice job getting those worms out :goodjob:

I know the feeling all too well :passitleft:

Hoping for worm free days my friend, keep up the good work. Beautiful buds are in the making :cheer:

Hello my fellow Humans,LOL.So I went to check for Worms and found a bunch more. Again only on the four plants. I went down and got my lupe and checked the tricombs. The L.A.Confidencial's Tric's were still clear,but the Grape Apes were cloudy so I pulled the three Grape Apes.:
Pulled_GA.jpg
I throughly went through the buds on the LAC and hopefully got them all.Then I replanted those holes with a Pure Kush, Jack Herer,and Sour Deisel, out of the cage.:
Pulled_GA_001.jpg
Pulled_GA_002.jpg
These two are the only ones that are left on the Hill that are budding.:
Pulled_GA_003.jpg
Pulled_GA_004.jpg
The Pure Kush still hasn't started .:
Pulled_GA_005.jpg
The Plants that I put in the top of the Water Fall wern't getting enough light. They were streching to much, so I moved them to the top of my Patio cover. to get more sun light.:
Pulled_GA_006.jpg
Well thats what I did today on top of watering and all the other daily Bull Shit.Its starting to get easyer to navagate the Hill , now that Im starting to get more limber. Ya-All have the best ones you can _ Till next time. TOAST

Back
Top Bottom