Landrace Durban Poison Outdoor Grow

Just another kak day fishing and checking the game in Africa
IMG_20190518_174649.jpg
IMG_20190518_120159.jpg
IMG_20190518_105823.jpg

Beautiful my brother........

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm humbled.
I have a question for all the organic mechanics... does anyone have a recipe for producing kelp meal at home ? I realise it's probably a case of washing, drying and grinding into powder and then added to the soil? We have an a abundance of kelp here and I was thinking of foraging for the ingredients for my summer soil..keep it natural and put Some work into finding the best ingredients in nature.

Peace

Highya Lerugged,

I just stumbled on to your journal. I'm only on page 2, but will catch up in a few days. But, in the meantime, I have some information you might like.

First, Kelp - I live by the ocean and harvest a bin full in the spring. Some gets chopped and into the compost pile. Some goes on the cannabis site under mulch, so when I put seedlings out, they'll take off. And the last bit of seaweed I chop, blend, and ferment (check out korean natural farming for Dr Cho's 118 page manual about fermenting). Then feed in a sprayer. Hoping to notice a big difference this year (I've had a decent harvest years past), just because all organic fermented nutrients and auxins.

Also, last year I experimented with a plant in a 5 gal pail. Left it out until late November. Snowed on once, hard frost 2 nights, and she was fine in the mornings. I'm sure you can grow all winter if it doesn't snow! One thing, she won't grow that much that cold, would be better if roots were in the ground. And, only older ladies could survive, not seedlings.

I don't know how much of this you know, but soak up what you can, and ignore the rest, lol. Cheers

Big congrats on POTM. It happened to the right guy :thumb:

Thanks Bode for the info. Recon I'll give it a super quick rinse, chop up fine..ish and add it to a big barrel of previously grown in soil with some crab shell and other goodies and let it breakdown over winter..
Thanks Conrad. Appreciate it.

So this is the vibe in my garden this afternoon.
IMG_20190603_154721.jpg
Hey you. Yes you human... you planted this for me to nibble but it tastes nasty..it's all smelly and sticky..
IMG_20190601_105915.jpg

Like this.. bleh...
Hold on wait ...Imma show you something....
IMG_20190603_154447.jpg

If you come over here...
IMG_20190603_154306.jpg

I'm just going to help you keep these new ones small thank you very much.

They do like it :laugh:

No ways brother, that is breathtaking. What a place we live in. Priceless sunsets. :green_heart::passitleft: Photo of the month contender. You're on a roll

:thumb: congrats Lerugged :cheer:

probably a case of washing, drying and grinding into powder and then added to the soil?
Yes - that’s it. Research the different types you have there as some seaweed is more packed with goodies than others. It’s all good tho I think. We collect, wash, hang to dry in the sun and grind/smash it up. A little goes a long way in the soul mix. Can also brew it into teas for drenching or foliar spraying, or ferment like @Bode was mentioning.

Ok . Hi all. Time to finish this journal and get the winter one on the go.
So I harvested about 850g from my summer grow. The 4 clones yielded the following :
Cut 1 in higher N soil - 35g
Cut 2 in higher K soil -82g
Cut 3 in higher P soil -60
Cut 4 in higher P soil defoliated bf flower-76g
Cut 5 in higher P soil -50g

So the higher k was winner.
I also noticed the buds were much denser the later in the season they flowered. Also could be that they didn't lose fan leaves like the big lady.
I'm super happy with all my smoke. They are both super potent which is what I want in a sativa. The monster lady ( miss sticky) smells like fuel, paraffin, lemon and poison... Just like a real Durban. The smoke is very smooth with the above flavours as well as the earthy tones common with African sativa.
The wild lady is also intensely potent. She has a very interesting high. All head and super high. She is a goodie and I'll be keeping her around for sure. She has minty, lemon, grapefruit, chemical poison smell and the same flavour with the earthy bits coming in strongly. I have cuts of both. Altogether I'm pretty stoked with my first grow at this location. I'm hoping to get my transplants to outdoors in spring correct and not flowering this year. I have a game plan. I've dropped some SSH , sour d, lsd and some purple cheese?crossed with a very manly wild Durban Male. I'll be starting a new journal soon and try to keep it up to date as much as possible. My son's birth is coming any day now so please bear with me if I don't update super frequently. I'm sure my time will be in shorter supply.
Thanks to all for following my grow and for all the assistance. It's been a great experience and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Congrats on the yield and on the son :)

Your conclusion is right, potassium pushes the density and the overall size of the flower. However more calcium will give you higher final weight. You should try high calcium mix in the future, I recommend it.

Congrats on the yield and on the son :)

Your conclusion is right, potassium pushes the density and the overall size of the flower. However more calcium will give you higher final weight. You should try high calcium mix in the future, I recommend it.
Thanks Con.
Yes that is what I've been discovering when I research. Calcium seems to be the key. In busy collecting drying and powdering egg shells and I'll be at the beach this week collecting some crab shell to powder and add to the mix. Some Will go into the soil to break down and some into the worm bin. Hoping that will do the job.

I like the sound of sea shells brother I won't lie, been dying to try that out as tool in as good things abound from the ocean....

How you been keeping brother must be getting pretty damn cold there by you round about now with that cold front rolling in...?
It was pleasantly warm here by us this morning but it's that tell tale warmth before snow falls on the Lesotho highlands other side of me....haha

Hope it's a blessed week ahead for you mr.Rugged and regards to the family and the little one...

Back
Top Bottom