KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal and Rev

Vegetative Day 80

The AK48x Alaskan Thunder, Hindu Kush #3 clone #1 and Hindu Kush #3 clone #3 were watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Micro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Bloom, 0.70 milliliters per gallon of Floralicious Plus, 5 milliliters per gallon of FloraBlend and 5 milliliters per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

(Clink on the photographs for direct link to the products in use in my Grow Journal and Review)

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal and Rev

Lots O pics! Great update!

KJC, what is the issue with the purpling? Is it just the strain? I would be running for cal-mag, but some strains just do that as the leaf matures.

The purple stems are purple on the top side and green on the underside which I believe is a a normal reaction to light.

KJC, is that mean the stem will be purple with LEDs? :Namaste:

The purple stems are purple on the top side and green on the underside which I believe is a a normal reaction to light.

I have observed the same tops of the leaf stems turning red/purple on the top sides while still being green on the undersides of leaves which I believe is a normal reaction to light under High Pressure Sodium and LED light panels. I believe that with either a High Pressure Sodium light or a LED light panel it is a normal reaction to intense illumination for the tops of the leaf stems to red/purple and on the undersides of leave also be green.

Vegetative Day 83

The AK48x Alaskan Thunder, Hindu Kush #3 clone #1 and Hindu Kush #3 clone #3 were watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Micro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Bloom, 0.70 milliliters per gallon of Floralicious Plus, 5 milliliters per gallon of FloraBlend and 5 milliliters per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

(Clink on the photographs for direct link to the products in use in my Grow Journal and Review)

Flower Day 06 Hindu Kush #3 clone #2

The Hindu Kush #3 clone #2 was watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Micro, 8 milliliters per gallon of Flora Bloom, 0.70 milliliters per gallon of Floralicious Plus, 2.5 milliliters per gallon of Liquid KoolBloom, 5 milliliters per gallon of FloraBlend and 5 milliliters per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

Hi the King :)

hope you have time to answer my questions.
it would mean a lot to me :)

How well do you think COB Spider is?

How large an area is covered by a lamp?

how many plants can be put under a lamp?

what lens do you think is the best?

how many lights would you have in a tent 4*4*6ft to maximize the harvest?

How high would you recommend to have the light in VEG and BLOOM?

I'm looking for the best LED light on the market and if you would know another lamp that is better and provides better ladies with bigger buds so please tell me :)

you are a true insperation and thank you for sharing your knowledge :)

have a good day and take care of you

You can reply via PM if you want

TNX again

:goodjob::bravo::peace::high-five:

Hi the King :)

hope you have time to answer my questions.
it would mean a lot to me :)

How well do you think COB Spider is?

How large an area is covered by a lamp?

how many plants can be put under a lamp?

what lens do you think is the best?

how many lights would you have in a tent 4*4*6ft to maximize the harvest?

How high would you recommend to have the light in VEG and BLOOM?

I'm looking for the best LED light on the market and if you would know another lamp that is better and provides better ladies with bigger buds so please tell me :)

you are a true insperation and thank you for sharing your knowledge :)

have a good day and take care of you

You can reply via PM if you want

TNX again

:goodjob::bravo::peace::high-five:

1) The Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light has worked very well for vegetative growth! The Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light is still being evaluated for flower.

2) My Seed Cabinet measures 52" L x 29" W x 6' H. At a 12"-13" above canopy height that I have tried to maintain the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light illuminates a 28"-30" wide concentrated core and 32" wide coverage area and works very well for vegetative growth. I believe that a Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light would compliment a 3' L x 3' W x 6' H grow area. My Hindu Kush #3 have grown well under the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light placed 13" above the canopy.

3) I have grown 4x medium size plants in 3 gallon size smart pots in 5 gallon size saucers under the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light with good light coverage. The 3x Hindu Kush #3's have grown quite large under the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light.

4) I have only evaluated the standard 120° lenses. As you can see in the photographs in this Grow Journal and Review the 120° leses have covered the 4 plants well. I am also interested in running another angle lenses to see if the focal area may cover a 2'x2' area with higher intensity, this will also decrease the light penetration so there is a trade off.

5) I would use 4x Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow lights for a 4' L x 4' W x 6' H grow area to ensure complete coverage. @jason from Twilight Groups LED has said that they are working on larger models for the Twilight Groups LED Spider COB LED grow light series.

6) I have evaluated the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light and the LED light panel works very well in vegetative growth. I have not completed evaluating the Twilight Groups LED 432 watt Spider COB LED grow light in flowering.

Thank you kindly!

Hey king I once read that when petroiles or leaf stems turn red or purple that it was from the plant building its own kind of insecticide or defense aginst bugs.
Your thoughts.

The red/purple color is the result of Anthocyanin. I have not read about a link to a natural pesticide role the red/purple accumulation may have in the plant.

https://en.wikipedia.org Anthocyanin

(quote from Wiki)

Use as pH indicator

"Anthocyanins can be used as pH indicators because their color changes with pH; they are pink in acidic solutions (pH < 7), purple in neutral solutions (pH ~ 7), greenish-yellow in alkaline solutions (pH > 7), and colourless in very alkaline solutions, where the pigment is completely reduced."

So the way I read this if I have red stems and stocks my PH is still to high? would that be right?

(quote from Wiki)

Use as pH indicator

"Anthocyanins can be used as pH indicators because their color changes with pH; they are pink in acidic solutions (pH < 7), purple in neutral solutions (pH ~ 7), greenish-yellow in alkaline solutions (pH > 7), and colourless in very alkaline solutions, where the pigment is completely reduced."

So the way I read this if I have red stems and stocks my PH is still to high? would that be right?

No the Anthocyanin is responsible for the red/purple color of the leaf stem. On the top sides of the leaves, sometimes upper stem the stems, and buds accumulate a red/purple color in certain strains in flower. The Anthocyanin is a reaction to intense illumination. When the top sides of the stems are red/purple and the underside of the stems are green this is a normal reaction to light. Red/purple stems on the top sides and red/purple stems on the undersides of leaves can be a sign of a calcium and magnesium deficiency. Other people believe that red/purple stems can be a sign of potassium or a phosphorous deficiency. Red/purple stems can also be a sign of nutrient lockout caused by pH imbalance.

Flower Day 00

I discovered Thrips in one of my grow areas today. I discovered juvenile, wingless adults and winged adults. The winged adult Thrips can easily spread infestation throughout a building. I have begun spraying every plant in my home as a treatment with a natural organic pesticide. Thrips can be a grow ending insect if they are not treated quickly to kill them with pesticide. I prefer that the pesticides I use in my cannabis gardens are organic natural pesticides. I shall spray every 3 days for a period of 20 days with a natural organic pesticide. I recommend a grower always keep suitable natural organic pesticides on hand for immediate use if or when insects are detected.

Thrips - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thrips-in-stages2.jpg

thrips.jpg

Flower Day 01

The plants were watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 4 milliliters per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Micro, 8 milliliters per gallon of Flora Bloom, 0.70 milliliters per gallon of Floralicious Plus, 2.5 milliliters per gallon of Liquid KoolBloom, 5 milliliters per gallon of FloraBlend and 5 milliliters per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

Sierra Natural Science SNS-209 Systemic Pest Control Concentrate was added at 7.5 milliliters per gallon.

Sierra Natural Science SNS-209 Systemic Pest Control Concentrate

Back
Top Bottom