KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal and Rev

Vegetative Day 74 continued

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_051.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_052.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_053.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_054.JPG

I trimmed Hindu Kush #3 clone #2 to better fit in my second Cabinet I will use to segregate Hindu Kush #3 clone #2 and spray with a Silver Thiosulfate solution until pollen sacks are formed.

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_055.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_056.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_057.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_058.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_059.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_060.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_061.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_062.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_063.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_064.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_065.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_066.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_067.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_068.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_069.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_070.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_071.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_072.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_073.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_074.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_075.JPG

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal and Rev

I do not have supplemental CO2 going to this grow area. After research when creating seeds it is important to keep CO2 levels at normal levels as seeds grown from CO2 supplementation create a loss of potency in successive generations of plants.

Flower Day 01 Hindu Kush #3 clone #2

Hindu Kush #3 clone #2 was placed in my second Cabinet where it is now under 12/12 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. Hindu Kush #3 clone #2 was sprayed with a Silver Thiosulfate solution.

Silver Thiosulfate Solution

The Silver Thiosulfate solution is made from

Part A: 0.5 gram of Silver Nitrate mixed into 500ml distilled water
Part B: 2.5 grams of Sodium Thiosulfate mixed into 500ml distilled water

20 milliliters of part A and 20 milliliters of part B were mixed and shaken together.

360 milliliters of distilled water was added to make 400 milliliters of Silver Thiosulfate.

this solution was diluted at a ratio of 1:9.

The Hindu Kush #3 clone #2 was watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Micro, 8 milliliters per gallon of Flora Bloom, 0.70 milliliters per gallon of Floralicious Plus, 2.5 milliliters per gallon of Liquid KoolBloom, 5 milliliters per gallon of FloraBlend and 5 milliliters per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

(Clink on the photographs for direct link to the products in use in my Grow Journal and Review)

The second Cabinet has 4x 23 watt Compact Florescent Light bulbs in an X arrangement in a reflector that the Hindu Kush #3 clone #2 will begin flowering under.

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_076.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_077.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_078.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_079.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_080.JPG

KingJohnC_s_Twilight_Groups_LED_432w_Spider_COB_Seed_Cabinet_2014-10-23_-_081.JPG

Vegetative Day 74

The Hindu Kush #3 clone #1 and clone #3 were watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Micro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Bloom, 0.70 milliliters per gallon of Floralicious Plus, 5 milliliters per gallon of FloraBlend and 5 milliliters per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

(Clink on the photographs for direct link to the products in use in my Grow Journal and Review)

I shall continue to vegetate the AK47x Alaskan Thunder and Hindu Kush #3 clone#1 and clone #3 for 10 days while I spray Hindu Kush #3 clone #2 with Silver Thiosulfate.

kingjohn, ive been very interested in your seed spray. but overwhelmed when it comes to trying to make my own. (not saying i wont but just havent had the time or understanding to fully try to embark on it myself)

yesterday i was walking around the local grow shop and found this stuff thats new called "tiresias mist" [the doctors answer to producing your own FEMINZED seeds]

now the dirrections seem almost spot on to yours, and was curious of a few things.

have you heard of this spray?
does your spray make feminized seeds or regular seeds?
ive heard feminized seeds are chemically altered to be so, is this true?

i bought a bottle so i can take pics if you want. has a website on the back i can PM you as well if you would like. just curious as to what you think of this spray, i built a small cabinet similar to yours above and plan to place one plant inside and treat with the spray.

I&i

kingjohn, ive been very interested in your seed spray. but overwhelmed when it comes to trying to make my own. (not saying i wont but just havent had the time or understanding to fully try to embark on it myself)

yesterday i was walking around the local grow shop and found this stuff thats new called "tiresias mist" [the doctors answer to producing your own FEMINZED seeds]

now the dirrections seem almost spot on to yours, and was curious of a few things.

have you heard of this spray?
does your spray make feminized seeds or regular seeds?
ive heard feminized seeds are chemically altered to be so, is this true?

i bought a bottle so i can take pics if you want. has a website on the back i can PM you as well if you would like. just curious as to what you think of this spray, i built a small cabinet similar to yours above and plan to place one plant inside and treat with the spray.

I&i

Yes I have heard of and researched into Tiresias Mist. Tiresias Mist also can create feminized female pollen sacks on female cannabis seeds to produce feminized pollen and feminized seeds. I find Tiresias Mist quite expensive for the surface area that the spray canister actually treats compared to purchasing the bulk ingredients for less then $50 USD and having the quantity of chemicals to mix up 20 batches of 500 milliliters of concentrated mixture each. 20 Milliliters of each of the concentrated Silver Nitrate and concentrated Sodium Thiosulfate mixtures are then mixed together then diluted with water 9:1 producing 400 milliliters of Silver Thiosulfate spray mixture. I spray my plants with the Silver Thiosulfate mixture in a 1 quart spray bottle.

Yes I have heard of and researched into Tiresias Mist. Tiresias Mist also can create feminized female pollen sacks on female cannabis seeds to produce feminized pollen and feminized seeds. I find Tiresias Mist quite expensive for the surface area that the spray canister actually treats compared to purchasing the bulk ingredients for less then $50 USD and having the quantity of chemicals to mix up 20 batches of 500 milliliters of concentrated mixture each. 20 Milliliters of each of the concentrated Silver Nitrate and concentrated Sodium Thiosulfate mixtures are then mixed together then diluted with water 9:1 producing 400 milliliters of Silver Thiosulfate spray mixture. I spray my plants with the Silver Thiosulfate mixture in a 1 quart spray bottle.

ok so i looked way into this i think, i was under the impression i had to have some type of silver item connected to some wires connected to a battery i dont even know. it was a bit over my head, had a few bad experiences with electricity over my days and tend to not care to work with it if possible ha.

i can definetly mix stuff together though! ha, so i guess is my next question. can i get you to PM me with links to a site to buy those chemicals you speak of?

i order regularly from Mountain rose herbs but doubt they carry anything you speak of.

Thanks again kjc!

I&i

Both Silver Nitrate and Sodium Thiosulfate are used as photography supplies in developing film.

I also have 2 new Grow Journal and Reviews in my signature.

For invites to my Grow Journals and Product Reviews add me to your friends list by clicking on my name @KingJohnC and select "+Add as Contact".

I was going to ask you about that Tiresias Mist as well. I've seen it in magazines for a few years, but wasn't considering breeding then.
Great info. I've ordered my "supplies" now. I'm 3 weeks behind you, so it's great timing four me to follow along.

i was speaking with the guy that got me into growing about these sprays and he brought up a point that made me question what i was trying to tell him.

he said hes never used them before but he has heard about it, he refereed to the process as "demonized seeds". said that they can have several issues wrong with them such as low yield, deformation, slow growth, and a few others he said he read about. that is basically alters their genetics..

is their any truth to this or have you read anything like this? he did say its been about 5 years since hes read into any of it.

i still plan to separate one of my ladys and create feminized pollen, just wondering if you have heard of this in your time of research.

thanks kjc
I&i

i was speaking with the guy that got me into growing about these sprays and he brought up a point that made me question what i was trying to tell him.

he said hes never used them before but he has heard about it, he refereed to the process as "demonized seeds". said that they can have several issues wrong with them such as low yield, deformation, slow growth, and a few others he said he read about. that is basically alters their genetics..

is their any truth to this or have you read anything like this? he did say its been about 5 years since hes read into any of it.

i still plan to separate one of my ladys and create feminized pollen, just wondering if you have heard of this in your time of research.

thanks kjc
I&i

Seed banks use this process for making feminized seeds. Have for years. It is possible that rumors were started to keep growers from making their own seeds. Yea, that's probably it.

I have my CS waiting for my Fast and Vast Auto to start flowering now. She is 3' tall and 3' wide. Real giant for an Auto. Can't wait to spray. in the next week I hope. She should have started flower and been harvested. Her sister was harvested last Saturday. Both seeds popped from Root Riot plugs within hours of each other.

WJ

thanks kjc
I&i

When I was researching into the process of Feminizing seeds several seed banks refer to using the a STS or Silver Thiosulfate rather then using Colloidal Silver as the chemical that is used to Feminize seeds. While every genetic cross may not be as vigorous when making seeds I have not encountered low yield, deformation or slow growth in the resulting seeds genetics that I have crossed when making Feminized seeds with Silver Thiosulfate. In the case of creating seeds from the same identical genetics a pure female cannabis plant with identical properties results.

Here is a AK47x Alaskan Thunder x Brainstorm Haze #1 Vegetative Day 67 from seed that I created with Silver Thiosulfate to Feminize pollen and create Feminized seeds. The AK47x Alaskan Thunder x Brainstorm Haze #1 has had white pistils for the last 30 days of vegetative growth. Also notice the AK47x Alaskan Thunder x Brainstorm Haze #1 is producing trichomes in vegetative growth. The AK47x Alaskan Thunder x Brainstorm Haze was grown from seed under Florescent lighting. I believe that the AK47x Alaskan Thunder x Brainstorm Haze #1 is showing hybrid vigor.

AK47x_Alaskan_Thunder_x_Brainstorm_Haze_1_Vegetative_Day_67_-_001.JPG

AK47x_Alaskan_Thunder_x_Brainstorm_Haze_1_Vegetative_Day_67_-_002.JPG

AK47x_Alaskan_Thunder_x_Brainstorm_Haze_1_Vegetative_Day_67_-_003.JPG

AK47x_Alaskan_Thunder_x_Brainstorm_Haze_1_Vegetative_Day_67_-_004.JPG

AK47x_Alaskan_Thunder_x_Brainstorm_Haze_1_Vegetative_Day_67_-_005.JPG

AK47x_Alaskan_Thunder_x_Brainstorm_Haze_1_Vegetative_Day_67_-_006.JPG

AK47x_Alaskan_Thunder_x_Brainstorm_Haze_1_Vegetative_Day_67_-_007.JPG

AK47x_Alaskan_Thunder_x_Brainstorm_Haze_1_Vegetative_Day_67_-_008.JPG

AK47x_Alaskan_Thunder_x_Brainstorm_Haze_1_Vegetative_Day_67_-_009.JPG

AK47x_Alaskan_Thunder_x_Brainstorm_Haze_1_Vegetative_Day_67_-_010.JPG

AK47x_Alaskan_Thunder_x_Brainstorm_Haze_1_Vegetative_Day_67_-_011.JPG

AK47x_Alaskan_Thunder_x_Brainstorm_Haze_1_Vegetative_Day_67_-_012.JPG