KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432W Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal & Review

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal and Rev

Question for you KJ? I noticed on the Hindu Kush 3,2 that their was some hooked leaf tips I had read that was a sign of N toxicity and if it is what do you do about it if anything?

Thanks for the photo update

Re: KingJohnC's Twilight Groups LED 432w Spider COB Seed Cabinet Grow Journal and Rev

Yes I did notice the downward curled leaf tips on several leaves on the Hindu Kush #3. Downward curled leaves can be a sign of too high of nitrogen. I have reduced the General Hydroponics Floralicious Plus which is 2-0.8-0.02 N-P-K from 1 milliliter per gallon to 0.7 milliliters per gallon to reduce the amount of nitrogen being fed to the plants. If more downward leaf curl is still evident in a few days then I will reduce the General Hydroponics Flora Gro.

Yes I did notice the downward curled leaf tips on several leaves on the Hindu Kush #3. Downward curled leaves can be a sign of too high of nitrogen. I have reduced the General Hydroponics Floralicious Plus which is 2-0.8-0.02 N-P-K from 1 milliliter per gallon to 0.7 milliliters per gallon to reduce the amount of nitrogen being fed to the plants. If more downward leaf curl is still evident in a few days then I will reduce the General Hydroponics Flora Gro.

Do you ever get to a point that you have to flush the plants or do you just cut back on N

In vegetative growth should I need to I usually adjust the nutrients and reduce the amount of nitrogen that is being fed to the plant to allow the plant to use up excess amounts of nutrients. With the soiless mixture that I use for my grow medium and rate that the plants use the nutrient mixture the plants are watered with flushing the grow medium is usually not required to remove any nutrient buildups in the soil. Reducing the amount of nitrogen currently being supplied to the plants should allow the plants to use any excess amount of nitrogen stored in the leaves as the plants grow and allow any new growth to not develop downward curled leaves. It is just a matter of how much of a reduction to the amount of nitrogen being supplied to the plants that will be required that will allow vegetative growth without downward curled leaf growth.

In vegetative growth should I need to I usually adjust the nutrients and reduce the amount of nitrogen that is being fed to the plant to allow the plant to use up excess amounts of nutrients. With the soiless mixture that I use for my grow medium and rate that the plants use the nutrient mixture the plants are watered with flushing the grow medium is usually not required to remove any nutrient buildups in the soil. Reducing the amount of nitrogen currently being supplied to the plants should allow the plants to use any excess amount of nitrogen stored in the leaves as the plants grow and allow any new growth to not develop downward curled leaves. It is just a matter of how much of a reduction to the amount of nitrogen being supplied to the plants that will be required that will allow vegetative growth without downward curled leaf growth.

On a hydro grow couldnt I just add PH water and dilute the nutes instead of a complete flush?

Yes in Hydroponics you would dilute the strength of your nutrient mixture as a short term solution. If in Hydroponics the strength of the nutrient mixture is diluted the leaves of the plants must also be monitored for other possible deficiencies to ensure that all other nutrients are still available in the diluted nutrient strength. Always adjust your nutrient mixtures pH to maintain an optimal pH range.

Maharaja Got a question for you
my 2 that are presently in full flower as you may remember have a Calcium Def,, is there any point in dealing with as they both only have a week or so at the topmost

Calcium and magnesium supplementation should be stopped during the harvest flush period. I would give your plants a 7 day harvest flush, do you mean that you will begin your harvest flush now or in 7 days from now? If your plants have more then the 7-10 days that you will flush for then yes I would supplement calcium and magnesium to your plants. If you are now ready to begin your harvest flush then I would not use a calcium and magnesium supplement during the harvest flush.

Vegetative Day 56

The plants were watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 4 milliliters per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Micro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Bloom, 0.70 milliliters per gallon of Floralicious Plus, 5 milliliters per gallon of FloraBlend and 5 milliliters per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

(Clink on the photographs for direct link to the products in use in my Grow Journal and Review)

Hey KJC, I have a harvest question maybe you can help me out with...When I'm hang drying my plant upside down in my tent, should I circulate the air? I was thinking not directly on the plant but maybe just on hitting my tent walls near the bottom just to push air upwards for circulation.

What do you think? :Namaste:

Hey KJC, I have a harvest question maybe you can help me out with...When I'm hang drying my plant upside down in my tent, should I circulate the air? I was thinking not directly on the plant but maybe just on hitting my tent walls near the bottom just to push air upwards for circulation.

hello vdub, don't want to be intrusive by responding questions not directed to me hehe, but yes, i would circulate air inside the tent to prevent mould from developing inside your buds, you're doing it the right way (not directly to the buds):goodjob:

i would also keep RH at 50-60% to achieve an even dry in the inside and the outside of your buds

Yes I would use a fan in your tent for air circulation but not directly pointed at the hanging plants that are drying. When the buds just snap from the stems your buds are ready to be to be cut from the branches and are ready to be placed into storage containers to begin curing.

Here is a Titan Controls Saturn 5 - Digital Environmental Controller with CO2 Timer in use during this Grow Journal and Review

hello vdub, don't want to be intrusive by responding questions not directed to me hehe, but yes, i would circulate air inside the tent to prevent mould from developing inside your buds, you're doing it the right way (not directly to the buds):goodjob:

i would also keep RH at 50-60% to achieve an even dry in the inside and the outside of your buds

Sounds good, thank you! :thanks:

Yes I would use a fan in your tent for air circulation but not directly pointed at the hanging plants that are drying. When the buds just snap from the stems your buds are ready to be to be cut from the branches and are ready to be placed into storage containers to begin curing.

Perfect, thanks as always! :peace:

Vegetative Day 59

The plants were transplanted to 3 gallon size pots today in my soiless mixture.

The plants were watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Micro, 5 milliliters per gallon of Flora Bloom, 0.70 milliliters per gallon of Floralicious Plus, 5 milliliters per gallon of FloraBlend and 5 milliliters per gallon of Cal-Mag Plus.

(Clink on the photographs for direct link to the products in use in my Grow Journal and Review)

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae and bacteria for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

https://www.hydro-organics.com earth juice rooters mycorrhizae

Pro-Mix HP has 1 species of mycorrhizae added, I add 10 others species of mycorrhizae and more of the strain already contained in Pro-Mix HP. When I transplant my plants to larger size pots I use 1 teaspoon per 1 gallon size pot and 2 teaspoons per 3-5 gallon size pot of additional mycorrhizae granules.

Vegetative Day 59

Here is my soiless mixture

I use peat moss, perlite, vermiculite and mycorrhizae and bacteria for my plants. I would mix your soiless mixture in a ratio of 60% peat moss, 20% perlite and 20% vermiculite. If you can get Pro-Mix HP you would only need to add 20% vermiculite and mycorrhizae. Vermiculite acts as a catalyst between nutrients and the plants roots as well as retaining moisture.

PRO-MIX_HP_MYCORRHIZAE.jpg

PRO-MIX HP Mycorrhizae - High porosity peat-based growing medium

Sorry this might be me just being a little thick.

But you are saying if you use Promix HP use 80% promix and 20% vermiculite or 60% Promix and 40% vermiculite. not trying to be picky at all just thick. You know as thick as a brick.

Sorry this might be me just being a little thick.

But you are saying if you use Promix HP use 80% promix and 20% vermiculite or 60% Promix and 40% vermiculite. not trying to be picky at all just thick. You know as thick as a brick.

Pro-Mix HP already contains sufficient amounts of perlite in the mixture. I would use 80% Pro-Mix HP, 20% vermiculite and additional mycorrhizae for a soiless mixture that dries very evenly when wet as the plants use the nutrient mixture they have been watered with.

Back
Top Bottom