KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

I believe LA Confidential has a genetic problem as it failed to mature and its trichomes never matured enough to produce any THC as evident by its lack of amber trichomes. when trichomes degrade cleat then cloudy to amber that is when the THC is chemically changed to CBN, CBN is the compound that is created when THC degrades from cloudy to amber . If it was a mater of being over mature it would be covered in amber trichomes but even with 70 days it failed to produce amber trichomes. I simply do not have room for a plant that fails to mature as it should, even with breeder estimates of 56-65 days for flowering LA Confidential has failed to mature and its trichomes have failed to ripen.

I see a inconsistency with the flower time you mention 56-65 days and DNA Genetics claims it is actually 45-56 days on VSB. Did you obtain it from DNA or a friend I forgot you told me before too I just smoke a lot of weed and am forgetful lol

I've never seen a plant done in 8 weeks. 9-11 weeks is the best for most strains. I cut my tall pheno OG13 almost 11 weeks from pistil and I have barley any ambers on the buds.

IMG_20131001_013835284.jpg
IMG_20130929_201529476.jpg

That's interesting to hear about that LA Confidential. So this was your first harvest of this strain? I guess I followed the journal so long, I got the impression this was a strain you've worked with before.

Have you had anyone else sample it? Did they get stoned?

I'd be surprised if it was NO THC. Especially given the reputation of the breeder and Attitude.

The problem could be over maturation as discussed above. Could it also be a tolerance issue? I know I can smoke some of my stuff at times and not really feel it. Granted, since my first harvest, my tolerance has grown to super human levels. :rofl:

Get someone else to sample it and get a second opinion.

I can't imagine something could have happened to the seed to make it grow a perfect plant, but not produce THC. Since I use the GH Flora line as well, I know those products produce THC! :blalol:

I've never seen a plant done in 8 weeks. 9-11 weeks is the best for most strains. I cut my tall pheno OG13 almost 11 weeks from pistil and I have barley any ambers on the buds.

IMG_20131001_013835284.jpg
IMG_20130929_201529476.jpg

I dont know about everyone else but my strains all finish in a little over 8 weeks from the flip. fully mature knock your socks off kind.
your og13 must be carrying some sativa down the line not sure on genetetics of the strain but b-real you have a lot to learn it seems.

I do have a lot to learn and I don't understand how they label these strains. my quickest strain was nirvanas master kush (kush x skunk #1) at 9 weeks from pistil. any earlier and id be harvesting clear trichs which is a waste imo. I know this because during my first grow I took a 7 week and an 8 week sample.

indica is just weak. i smoke indica, i smoke hybrid and i smoke staiva. they all give me the same effects, but the sativa heavys are the best smoke by far.

what strain can finish in 8 weeks? i want it lol

I wonder how it would have performed with an organic feed regimen. this baffles me and I still think it went too long.

You now have a new set of girls to focus on though forget about la con and give the new ones the green they deserve...

I dont monitor trichomes or colors of hairs anymore. the leaves and the buds determine when shes ready. and when starting from seed your right if you poppped ten you could have a two week window of when they are ready. I look for the swell and the plant to slow down on the drink.

I did have someone else sample my LA Confidential and after smoking 6 bowls of it it did not produce a high.

Next time you need someone to smoke 6 bowls of your stash, CALL SPIMP!! :)

Flower Day 77

LA Confidential number 2 was watered with a nutrient solution consisting of 3 millilitres per gallon of Flora Gro, 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro and 11 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom.

Sorry to hear about the potency issue, John :straightface: Can you get a sample analysed?

At the end of the day, though, this was about feminised seeds, not dank buds.

If you did not sample the buds at 8 or 9 weeks of flowering,

then there is no way to be sure if it is a genetic issue or just a degradation of the THC with no visual indications...

The only way to be sure of anything would be to plant 10 seeds in a 12/12 No Mercy configuration

and test the bud from those. They only contain the LA confidential genetics from the 1 plant.

If they are also bunk, then you have a strong genetic case with the seedbank.

If they are good, who cares, it will all have worked out in the end :amen:

I did not grow LA Confidential as i normally would for medicine. I grew LA Confidential for seeds, I gave LA Confidential number 1 more time to allot for flowering with less then 1000 watts of power and extra time for seeds to form. I had hoped that LA Confidential number 2 would release pollen and still pollinate some of the remaining pistils on LA Confidential number 1. I am unable to explain by any other reason except genetics why the trichomes would not show any degradation and still contain so low of THC when given such optimal growing conditions. I wish there was a Cannabis testing lab close by that I could have a sample tested at just to know its THC and CBD levels.

Back
Top Bottom