KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

Congrats John,

Since I new here, curious on how you become member of the month? Is it being an active poster? Or what are the criteria?

Wish I could say I voted for you, but since just signed up here a week or two ago, I would be lying.

taken from current member of the month contests

420 Magazine's Member of the Month - July 2013
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Specifically, we're looking to thank those members that help and support our site in so many under recognized ways, such as:

Greeting new members
Helping people with questions
Peacemakers
Activism efforts
Promoting our sponsors
Activity and content generation
Reporting violations

Beginning this month, the staff will select the nominees and members will determine the winner by poll.

The contest will be open for staff submissions from the beginning through the 15th day of each month. The staff is expected to include their reason for nominating the member. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month. Please bear with us, should the thread need to be locked during the nominating period.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i highly encourage you to vote in 420Magazine monthly contests.
there are 3 category's each month:
Member of the Month
Nug of the Month
Plant of the Month

420 Contests

Definitely nice prizes! I am going to have to think of a special occasion to smoke that huge 1/2 ounce day long joint. If i like these cones as much as i think i will, I will buy one of those box of 1000 cones for $69.95.

Nice goody box :thumb:

Hey KingJohn, plants looking real lovely and happy. A little piece of advice for the pictures, since they seem to be a little but blurry, and you might want to take even closer close ups, its to use a jewelers or x5~ glass and put it in front of the lens! You can do amazing close ups this way, the more powerfull the lens the better. Cheers :peace:

Or closer ups with panorama

nice looking sativa there bro
is that LA Confidential for real?

taken right from dnagenetics.com the breeders website

LA Confidential

OG LA Affie x Afghani
100% Indica

Flower Day 23

LA Confidential was watered with a nutrient mixture consisting of 5 millilitres per gallon of Flora Grow, 12 Millilitres per gallon of Flora Micro and 15 millilitres per gallon of Flora Bloom. yellow leaves were removed from lower areas. LA Confidential number 2 is starting to grow pistils now at its nodes and flower areas.

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_001.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_002.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_003.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_004.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_005.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_006.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_007.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_008.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_009.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_010.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_011.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_012.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_013.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_014.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_015.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_016.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_017.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_018.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_019.JPG

LA Confidential number 2 Flower Day 07

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_020.JPG

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_07-26-2013_-_021.JPG

Sweet !!!! Good Friedday to the King

taken right from dnagenetics.com the breeders website

LA Confidential

OG LA Affie x Afghani
100% Indica

Damnit! KingJohnC. The name "LA Confidential" is so sexy. Its Indica and a 7 to 8 week finisher and stays relatively short. I have this deep desire to grow some... *adds "LA Confidential" to the to do list"

Thanks KingJohnC :) :rofl: :hmmmm:

:peace:

Well Beemer, You Can Use Local Soil, If It Is Good For Cannabis, Light, Airy,Good Drainage, Low Acid ETC. So, Not ALL Soil Will Work For Growing Cannabis, Unless You Amend And Amend And Amend!!! By That Time, It No Longer Is The Soil You Started With:high-five:!!! If Acidy, Add Crushed Seashells(LIME?), And Amend With LOW ACID SOIL As Well. As Far As Using Bananas(MALE FLOWERS) From Female Plants, You Have To Wait Until The Plant Is Almost Ready To Harvest, Or Gone Past The Prime Time Of Harvest For The Plant To Begin Producing Male Flowers. That Is How Most Growers That I Know Do It This Way, They Always End Up With Female Plants From The Pollen They Collect And Store From The Male Flowers They Get This Way From Female Plants. And Yes, Sometimes The Hermie Trait Does Transfer Over To The New Plants:thedoubletake:!!! Which You Need To Keep A Close EYE ON!!! If You Notice Your Plants Putting Off Male Flowers, Generally It Is Time To Harvest, But If It Is Not Time To Harvest, Just Use Tweezers, And Pluck Off The Male Flowers, This Will Not Harm Your Plants, Just Make Sure You Remove Them Before They Open. And On Plants That Are LATE In Harvesting, It Really Should Not Matter To Your Buds On Said Plant, Since They Should Be Harvested With In A Day Or Two Of Noticing The Male Flowers. Meaning That Even If The Male Flowers Have Opened, Since They Should Be Harvested RIGHT AWAY, You Will Get NO SEEDS In Your Crop, As They Will Not Have Time To Develop,PERIOD!!!:cheer: All These Chemicals You Guys Are Talking About(SILVER THIS AND Chemical Name That), Just Let The Plant Get OLD, Reduce It's Light, And I Guarantee You Male Flowers On A Female Plant:yahoo:!!! 11 Hours Of Light Or Less, You Should Probably Harvest The Majority Of The Plant, And Stick The Bottom(UNHARVESTED BUDS) In A Low Light Setting, Until They Produce Male Flowers. This Is How The People I Know Do It. But To Be Honest With You ALL, I Would Just Use REGULAR SEEDS, Put The Males Someplace Shady, And A Little Dark, And Let Them Flower In The Spring To Early Summer. Harvest The Pollen, Kill The Males After Getting Your Pollen, Since You Got The Pollen Before The Females Started Flowering, You Will Have A Ready Supply Of Pollen, For When Your Females Are Ready To Be Seeded. You May Not Get Pure All Female Plants, But The Plants Will Be Hardier(AND LARGER), With No Risk Of Hermies, As Long As You Keep Them Above 10.5-11 Hours Of Light. But Hey, If You Like To Experiment, Then By All Means Use The Silver Whatever, And Whatever Else Is Used To Make Only Female Plants. As I Am OLD SCHOOL, My KNOWLEDGE IS ALL EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE(SEEN WITH MINE OWN EYES:clap:) Take Care All!!! And My Sword Is Still Sworn To You My King!!! Take Care All!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN:thumb:!!!

Flower Day 24

the silver thiosulfate solution is made from

Part A: 0.5 gram of silver nitrate mixed into 500ml distilled water
Part B: 2.5 grams of sodium thiosulfate mixed into 500ml distilled water

20 millilitres of part A and 20 millilitres of part B were mixed and shaken together.
this solution was diluted at a ratio of 1:9.
360 millilitres of distilled water was added to make 400 millilitres of silver thiosulfate.

LA Confidential number 2 was sprayed with a silver thiosulfate solution on its nodes and tip. LA Confidential number 2 will be sprayed daily until female pollen sacks are observed.

no part of any plant treated with silver thiosulfate can be smoked, that is why there is a second plant to treat with silver thiosulfate. the first plant will be treated with pollen and can also be smoked afterwards, but i expect the potency to be low as the plant will primarily be focused on seed production and not cannabinoid production. I am a little worried i may miss my window to pollinate the first plant as i expect it to take several weeks for female pollen sacks to form. ideally both plants would have been flowered together so the pollen from one plant would be ready to pollinate a second plant, i did not have a second LA Confidential ready to put into flower ready when i began. i am hoping for a few hundred seeds, we shall all find out how many it will produce.

Back
Top Bottom