I want to top my plants, but I think I need to wait till I get at least 6 nodes, does this should right? I have never topped before, but it makes sense considering my plants are sativa and will be very tall if I leave them alone. Will topping keep them a little shorter and flatter?

Hey Greenvein I will keep on keeping on as long as I can. I really hope your day has started good for a hump day. Another nice day here how about you and yours?
All good mate thanks for asking. I'll get a little update In this evening but glad that Ur good weathers lasting excited to see them take off! Not long now 😁

I want to top my plants, but I think I need to wait till I get at least 6 nodes, does this should right? I have never topped before, but it makes sense considering my plants are sativa and will be very tall if I leave them alone. Will topping keep them a little shorter and flatter?
Yes, topping at the sixth node will boost the growth of the lower branches, and you can spread them out to get a wider plant.
As for the height, that depends on the strain and how long they get to veg before they stretch.
I topped my plants last summer and they still got taller than me.
I use hooks devised by @Carcass to bend the branches out when I train my plants.
I'm not sure how it's going to go this year given the stretchy nodes on the main photoperiod plant.

Yes, topping at the sixth node will boost the growth of the lower branches, and you can spread them out to get a wider plant.
As for the height, that depends on the strain and how long they get to veg before they stretch.
I topped my plants last summer and they still got taller than me.
I use hooks devised by @Carcass to bend the branches out when I train my plants.
I'm not sure how it's going to go this year given the stretchy nodes on the main photoperiod plant.
Thanks Mel I still have to wait as only about 5 nodes showing but new ones are on their way. I can't wait to see how they turn out. My family members that grow never top their plants and think I am crazy for doing it but doing something different is how I will learn, and it will make a better plant. Plus, two colas are much better than one. i am loving this years grow, much different from last year's single plant.

Yo Keith I just popped in. Is this still your first plant or what lol jk. Looking good in here lol :passitleft:
I had 6 plants 5 from seed and 1 clone. I gave 2 plants away yesterday. I plan to keep 3 or 4 plants and will be topping shortly once I get to 6 nodes.

How about that clone Keith? Looking stellar bro. They all look very very good!

When do they get the 15 gal home? Before or after topping ?

Keep up the good work.
I am thinking topping before the 15-gallon pots as it only been a few days sense I up potted them. The clone can go into the 15 at any time now, it has 2 main stems now, that's the way I got her. Thanks for asking.

The more nodes when you top the more tops you'll have, so with 15 gallon pots I think waiting for 6 or 7 nodes might be a way to go. Of course it is a little late in the season already, but if these are long flowering sativas all the lower branches should have time to grow up to the top.

Also, I don't recommend sinking thick dowels right next to the trunk since it's liable to sever some roots growing directly off the tap. Outside edge or a barbecue skewer is always safer.

The more nodes when you top the more tops you'll have, so with 15 gallon pots I think waiting for 6 or 7 nodes might be a way to go. Of course it is a little late in the season already, but if these are long flowering sativas all the lower branches should have time to grow up to the top.

Also, I don't recommend sinking thick dowels right next to the trunk since it's liable to sever some roots growing directly off the tap. Outside edge or a barbecue skewer is always safer.
Thanks for the advice Shed.

Good morning all 420ers going to be a hot one today. So, keep an eye on your plants. Feeding today with Prescription Blend Superthrieve and tap water ph 6.4 My plants will spend a good parts of the day in the shade out of the direct sun light.

Good morning all 420ers going to be a hot one today. So, keep an eye on your plants. Feeding today with Prescription Blend Superthrieve and tap water ph 6.4 My plants will spend a good parts of the day in the shade out of the direct sun light.
Morning Amigo :high-five:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Morning pictures

BF64D0A7-9AA4-4FA9-9AB8-B82F7EA9E6BB.jpeg

6FEADF54-610D-4EA3-AD7A-6BFA9B4988FB.jpeg

2A3DE86D-6F9D-4C44-B71B-B797493021DA.jpeg

BE2A529D-43F0-4E27-BE92-21CD6C397FB1.jpeg

8AA96E62-DA74-4B63-98F9-DDEBA80EEBA5.jpeg

They took off bro, cruise speed from now on!

They looking really really good today bro!

:morenutes:
Thanks, dani I want to top but I think I may be too late. I will be up potting again in a couple weeks and maybe I can top then I hope.

Back
Top Bottom