I think I just screwed up I bought a large bag of Happy Frog Soil Conditioner in stead of just soil. I got this for uppotting it has a total Nitrogen of ,03% water soluble nitrogen, ,27% water insoluble nitrogen, Phosphate ,20%, Potash .20% and calcium 1.00% Bat Guano and Earth worm casting. I also got 8 qt. perlite.
Do you think if I mix this up with the perlite it will kill my plants or just mix and use? I did not realize it was conditioner.
I could spend the time and bring it back but if it will work I will use it.

I think I just screwed up I bought a large bag of Happy Frog Soil Conditioner in stead of just soil. I got this for uppotting it has a total Nitrogen of ,03% water soluble nitrogen, ,27% water insoluble nitrogen, Phosphate ,20%, Potash .20% and calcium 1.00% Bat Guano and Earth worm casting. I also got 8 qt. perlite.
Do you think if I mix this up with the perlite it will kill my plants or just mix and use? I did not realize it was conditioner.
Take pic of the bag for us!

Also, soil in peat pots dries out fast in the sun so don't forget to water. :)

Take pic of the bag for us!

Also, soil in peat pots dries out fast in the sun so don't forget to water. :)
I brought it back and got Fos Farm potting soil not conditioner I will mix this with the perlite and go from there. Yes these peat pots do dry out fast. Thanks Shed.

Fox Farms

0706DC47-05FF-455A-8061-0BC75A38A80B.jpeg

539D365D-8A85-4157-B7F4-99F376E09BF4.jpeg

Following along if you don't mind.
I have no experience growing outside so I'm always curious to see others pull it off.
It's kind of crazy how much different it can be.
Happy to have you pull up a chair and chime in if you see something that does not look right. This may get a little funny at time as I am new at this growing from seed.

I thought you were going to use @Prescription Blend ? I would use one or the other. Y
I brought it back and got Fos Farm potting soil not conditioner I will mix this with the perlite and go from there. Yes these peat pots do dry out fast. Thanks Shed.
I didn’t know that they made potting soil? I thought it was just HF + OF. And some coco and coco blends. CL🍀

I thought you were going to use @Prescription Blend ? I would use one or the other. Y

I didn’t know that they made potting soil? I thought it was just HF + OF. And some coco and coco blends. CL🍀
I am going to use PB but the soil has some nuts in it so I will not feed for a while after I uppot so as to use the nuts in the soil. When I final uppot I will be making my soil, I have already found a place I can get aged compost and worm casting soil but that will not be for a while. I am going to need a Tacoma truck load of soil for 5 15 gallon grow pots. I will also add perlite and some coco peat. The cost will be around $55

Thanks, Shed I thought that if there were any nuts in the soil, I was not to feed them, I am glad you set me straight. I still have a while before up potting. But with the sun finally showing up they may start growing.

Neither Ocean Forest or Happy Frog have enough nutes in it to feed what we grow, so I would feed according to the PB feed chart from the second set of true leaves.
I’m used letting them tell me when they used it up but you say you shouldn’t? Please elaborate kind Sir, my grey matter needs an upload. lol. CL🍀

I’m used letting them tell me when they used it up but you say you shouldn’t? Please elaborate kind Sir, my grey matter needs an upload. lol. CL🍀
I'm talking about new sprouts rather than established plants. If you'll be using top fed nutes for your grow it's advisable to feed your sprouts when the second set of true leaves are in.
It maybe that I am only using A & B part of Prescription Blend when they are that small, I will not use the rest of Prescription Blend until they go into veg. That is what I think.
Whatever their chart says. That's what folks seem to have success with.

I'm talking about new sprouts rather than established plants. If you'll be using top fed nutes for your grow it's advisable to feed your sprouts when the second set of true leaves are in.

Whatever their chart says. That's what folks seem to have success with.
That is what I read on the chart.

That is what I read on the chart.
You might want to check again because you’re supposed to use kelp-fur and precursor. CL🍀. Edit: My bad you’re still seedling, I don’t know why I thought you were further. Sorry about that. CL🍀

You might want to check again because you’re supposed to use kelp-fur and precursor. CL🍀. Edit: My bad you’re still seedling, I don’t know why I thought you were further. Sorry about that. CL🍀
No problem Brother. I am not totally sure of what I am doing. My plants are still very small. and I am a man with no patience. I have them sitting in the yard and they are my babies I keep checking on them like every 15 minutes. I afraid a rabbit will come and eat them or the damn squirrels.

No problem Brother. I am not totally sure of what I am doing. My plants are still very small. and I am a man with no patience. I have them sitting in the yard and they are my babies I keep checking on them like every 15 minutes. I afraid a rabbit will come and eat them or the damn squirrels.
I’m more afraid of leaf miners, thrips, spider mites, etc. I’m going to have to start adding a little SNS 209 to my seedlings water. When they get bigger that is. CL🍀

Back
Top Bottom