Not today, we let working people have the beach on weekends. We do plan on doing that this week though! Sun's up and out now!

Edit: Oh you guys! Great day for it! Enjoy!
It was crazy wall to wall people, but we got there early and staked out our spot. Nice has hell day but to many people.

Just feed my plants and Apple Fritter was drooping so I will check on her later. What a nice day, and tomorrow should be nice too. And Stone you are right the weekend is the wrong time to go to the beach. I got to check out my plants.

Some pictures looking good

5053DFE2-2AE8-4C9C-B0C7-C281D517C6C2.jpeg

06F0D9DC-CB60-4D4A-82C4-E70290D69BC5.jpeg

1C44426F-BED4-46E1-A28F-0F725EE84C39.jpeg

54CE00DD-F0F3-4494-A2D6-40EEECDC00FD.jpeg

90963839-B037-4E6E-8BBE-C6CC0E2F4BFE.jpeg

60BA8581-D05B-4791-8EA0-301E2A0A6E7B.jpeg

Apple Fritter perked right up. But no pistils yet and I hate waiting but I have too. I wish I had a super big tent with a large light or lights to go with it. Actually, this is the way it is supposed to be, I guess. The two Sour Diesels are nowhere near pistils. They are going to be tough plants for flower time 6 to 8 weeks flower, which is not too bad as long as they start showing pistils in the next few weeks. I think I am looking at first couple weeks of October. The Apple Fritter is 9-11 weeks flower so I will be in October there too. I can do this just wait it out the same as last year.

What does anyone think about removing more larf from the Apple Fritter she has a lot left, it's been 5 days do you think that is long enough to wait before removing more. Any help will be appreciated.
Highya Keith!

My vote is to remove a shitton of larf. Like twice as much as you think you should. Any small shoots that point toward the middle should be gone, especially on the lower half of the plant.

I just found a little bit of PM on one of my outdoor girls (I think I left too much larf in the middle). I trimmed like crazy but they will recover just fine. Glad I caught it early - PM sucks in flower.

Highya Keith!

My vote is to remove a shitton of larf. Like twice as much as you think you should. Any small shoots that point toward the middle should be gone, especially on the lower half of the plant.

I just found a little bit of PM on one of my outdoor girls (I think I left too much larf in the middle). I trimmed like crazy but they will recover just fine. Glad I caught it early - PM sucks in flower.
I hope you caught in time, and I think you did because you are on top of your plants, and it shows they look great. :thumb:

Highya Keith!

Hell yeah I second that brother open that big mama up!!

At this stage & Co is probably doing it once a week. But we grow lean and stripped because we’re indoor and pushing the space. Not sure how well that translates to outdoor and basically unlimited space.

You could try @Jon ‘s advice. Get a set of steps and look down from above at obstructed/shaded leaves.

Nick

At this stage & Co is probably doing it once a week. But we grow lean and stripped because we’re indoor and pushing the space. Not sure how well that translates to outdoor and basically unlimited space.

You could try @Jon ‘s advice. Get a set of steps and look down from above at obstructed/shaded leaves.

Nick
Thanks for the advice and I will ask Jon. :thanks:

Highya Keith!

I agree with GB remove as much as it needs now before it starts flowering. CL🍀

Thanks, :thanks: I am going to follow Gratefull and your advice. just when tomorrow or later this week.

Yup. I agree. I’m literally, with those five canopied autos, reaching blind down in between colas and blindly grabbing handfuls of crap leaves. Like, almost every day for a while. It’s slowed a bit now. Occasionally I’ve grabbed some flarf buds in the process of deleafing. This is why, @CaptainLucky, I always have fans under the plants blowing up. Often right on the pot surface next to the stem (I have two right now on the Pink Rozay base). We all worry about air moving around the buds, but it seems to me that the greater bud rot danger is almost always in the middle and low. Since I started fans on the floor blowing up or in the pot or wherever, I haven’t had one iota of bud rot indoors.

Good morning 420ers a beautiful day here nice and sunny. We worked in the yard this morning weeded the garden what a mess it was. The tomato plants are super viny and hard to tie up, but I got the most of them. My 3 plants are doing very good, and the cardboard covers did their job well. I will feed tomorrow or maybe wait another day. I usually feed every other day, but I think the plants can wait a few more days. Just waiting for the stretch to start on my plants. The Apple Fritter will be first, and I would think it would start soon as she is getting close to pistils to start showing, I think. I look at Jon's Apple Fritter and if mine stretches like his did I will have a huge plant on my hands. I may be a little ahead of myself, but we will see as I really have no idea when these plants will start changing. I hope the Sour Diesels go to pistils fairly soon because I am going to have a long flowering time. I will be waiting for harvest well into October the same as last year's grow. If I grew indoors, I could control the flipping time but being outdoor mother nature calls the shots. Everyone have a great weekend and be safe.
I would argue your stretch has already begun. This:
1690170147444.jpeg

Sure looks like a plant stretching to me.

And these:
1690170228254.jpeg

Look an awful lot like pistils…

Has she sprung upwards at all yet? I find it takes a couple days usually for the actual stretch part to begin.

Or I could be way off and that’s just how your plant is growing.

A little hard to tell if those are leaf tips curled around a branch or prepistils. Hmm.

Well you know best. Is she stretching yet or no?

What does anyone think about removing more larf from the Apple Fritter she has a lot left, it's been 5 days do you think that is long enough to wait before removing more. Any help will be appreciated.

Take as much as you need to make the canopy manageable brother. Despite having a dry summer and lots of air flow… when late September hits and the cold, damp, and short days start, a bushy plant is easy target for Powdery Mildew, mold and bud rot.
Mold and bud rot are the worst they can grow from the inside of the bud and once you see the spider web like threads on your bud it’s days to late…

There is no easy way to get around late flowering (outdoors), it’s gonna happen no matter what we do. The best thing we can do is be prepared and prepare the plant for what’s coming.

I take everything inside the plant 1st and 2nd nodes from every single branch. Clear the entire inside of the plant. Also remember gravity pulls all the water drops down so everything you have under the canopy is highly at risk of being constantly wet at the end of flower… constantly wet = rot.

Hope you can find what works best for you. I’m with you and with all the other growing outdoors, let’s kill those spores!!

Back
Top Bottom