Morning pictures Check them out and please tell me what you think should I be doing something different if so let me know Because I really do not know what I am doing. Just following along what I did last year.

8E973F69-C467-4493-80C3-807A5F0E70C9.jpeg

6C72789A-4D99-414A-B6F5-CA72BB099C18.jpeg

3C9A9069-2307-4A5A-9D58-53D2801DA164.jpeg

28E25EEA-EF10-4D87-B4BD-4C2E5785E2CF.jpeg

1060868B-8664-4BA4-AA83-D92C5A7A5ED3.jpeg

82C5F452-1B60-4299-9FB2-63C8164D8BDD.jpeg
Looking great Keith!
I leave most leaves on these days, however when I started out I tried a complete defoliation method that worked well. Indoors it just slows them down while they grow what leaves they want back again. Outside it's different with the sun controlling the season and you have to be a little careful how much to take. In my view you have nice plants that have air flow inside now. That's what I look for. Feel free to take a leave or three now and then but I wouldn't go too far. In flower they won't replenish. I take off shoots that will be inside and not get light and leave the leaves when I can.

Looking great Keith!
I leave most leaves on these days, however when I started out I tried a complete defoliation method that worked well. Indoors it just slows them down while they grow what leaves they want back again. Outside it's different with the sun controlling the season and you have to be a little careful how much to take. In my view you have nice plants that have air flow inside now. That's what I look for. Feel free to take a leave or three now and then but I wouldn't go too far. In flower they won't replenish. I take off shoots that will be inside and not get light and leave the leaves when I can.
This:

In flower they won't replenish.

Very important to know. Don’t take too many leaves off any plant once you’re in flower unless you have to.

Great post @StoneOtter.

@KeithLemon - my post today about defoliation on the Apple Fritter and Pink Rozay - both of them are in their stretch going into flower. As long as they stretch they pop leaves quickly and then it just stops. So the defoliation you see in that post is basically the only one I’ll do on these girls barring an obvious light block. They are close enough to flower now and there’s no need to take any more.

Good morning all It is another cloudy day with no sun in site. I am going to trim my plants today and as I have already stated I hate cutting leaves of my plants but all 3 need it so I will do my best and see how things turn out. I will start at the bottom and work my way up take all the leaves pointing inward and get a few big fans. Does it matter when you cut? Should it be a sunny day or does not matter? Everyone have a great day and happy growing.

Good morning all It is another cloudy day with no sun in site. I am going to trim my plants today and as I have already stated I hate cutting leaves of my plants but all 3 need it so I will do my best and see how things turn out. I will start at the bottom and work my way up take all the leaves pointing inward and get a few big fans. Does it matter when you cut? Should it be a sunny day or does not matter? Everyone have a great day and happy growing.
Doesn’t matter about the sun but if you want to do it right, use a pair of scissors. Don’t do what I do and just pinch them off. And as you say - less is more!

Looking great Keith!
Thank you, Stone that answers my question, I was not sure just how much, I should take off. I do have good air flow but there are some leaves doing nothing and pointing inward toward the plants main stem so I think I will take them. Just clean up the bottom of the plants.

This:

In flower they won't replenish.

Very important to know. Don’t take too many leaves off any plant once you’re in flower unless you have to.

Great post @StoneOtter.

@KeithLemon - my post today about defoliation on the Apple Fritter and Pink Rozay - both of them are in their stretch going into flower. As long as they stretch they pop leaves quickly and then it just stops. So the defoliation you see in that post is basically the only one I’ll do on these girls barring an obvious light block. They are close enough to flower now and there’s no need to take any more.
Thank you, Jon, as I stated earlier this is a stress for time for me but with the help, I receive here I will get this done just fine.

Thank you, Jon, as I stated earlier this is a stress for time for me but with the help, I receive here I will get this done just fine.
Try looking 👀 at all angles first is what I do to get a better idea of what I want to remove. CL🍀

I know you got this Keith. It’s more a mental block than anything else. We all go through it. It’ll go away in time. Lol. I would focus on specific leaves that are totally blocking the top of a new growth site. Just me. Good luck!

Try looking 👀 at all angles first is what I do to get a better idea of what I want to remove. CL🍀
Thanks Capt. that is what I did. I tried to have a reason for everyone I cut and I mostly just cleaned up the bottom of the plants.

Thank you guys I only took leaves I could see a reason for taking them. I did not take that many mostly around the bottom and leaves I could see were blocking a bud site. I can always go back and take more if I see it needs it. I will take some pictures in a little while. Thanks again for the help I appreciate it.

The sucker branch or the shoots from the lower growth are the one stealing most of the energy. If you selectively take that node by pinching it out and leave just the fan leave, that energy captured by the fan leave will be sent to the next available node growth, and so on going upward on the branch.

I like to do that first and then later in flower take the unnecessary fan leaves. Fan leaf serve as a solar panel, they don’t steel much energy they store it and send it. They also serve as nutrient reserves to later be depleted in senescence mode in late flower.

Being that it’s past Solstice the plants biochemistry is already changing so less big foliage will grow from now on and you will start to see the new fan leaves shrink in size and become sugar leaf.

I confirmed last year that the best moment to set up or prepare your plant outdoors for flower is the month of July. That’s small scale like us, if you ask Brandon the big scale farming probably a different logistics.

My 2 cents Keith.
:passitleft:

I seen you grow tomatos just next to the plant, how do you train your tomatos? Do you prune ?

I apply same principle of tomato pruning and thinning to cannabis. Sucker branches on tomato will steal energy and give you smaller fruit. By taking the sucker branch on the lower node the tomato will send all of the power to the top flower site. If the tomato is not pruned you will have small but abundant fruit.

The sucker branch or the shoots from the lower growth are the one stealing most of the energy. If you selectively take that node by pinching it out and leave just the fan leave, that energy captured by the fan leave will be sent to the next available node growth, and so on going upward on the branch.

I like to do that first and then later in flower take the unnecessary fan leaves. Fan leaf serve as a solar panel, they don’t steel much energy they store it and send it. They also serve as nutrient reserves to later be depleted in senescence mode in late flower.

Being that it’s past Solstice the plants biochemistry is already changing so less big foliage will grow from now on and you will start to see the new fan leaves shrink in size and become sugar leaf.

I confirmed last year that the best moment to set up or prepare your plant outdoors for flower is the month of July. That’s small scale like us, if you ask Brandon the big scale farming probably a different logistics.

My 2 cents Keith.

I seen you grow tomatos just next to the plant, how do you train your tomatos? Do you prune ?

I apply same principle of tomato pruning and thinning to cannabis. Sucker branches on tomato will steal energy and give you smaller fruit. By taking the sucker branch on the lower node the tomato will send all of the power to the top flower site. If the tomato is not pruned you will have small but abundant fruit.
I asked about the tomatos because I defol mine yesterday. It’s hard to take perfectly healthy growth but if not done the fruit/flower is small.

Your tomatos are an unlimited source for practicing and developing your own defol system.

My 2 cents Keith.

Hello, Dani, I grew mostly determinate tomato this year and not by choice I did not pay attention to what I bought. So, they are going to produce however many they are and then stop producing. I have a couple indeterminate tomato's so I will sucker them.

My determinate tomatoes are all bush tomatoes and the others tall stocks I can see the difference. Short and bushy and tall and stocky. I did not mean to buy mostly determinate as I will get them all at once then they stop producing.

Love that architecture and tomato plant chat!

I need to get some going.

My favourite fruit.

All kinds of ways. Every day I reckon I eat tomato. Just very rarely ketchup. Meh. Has its place. Not on chips/fries for me tho’

Looking great Keith / growing those lovely regimented rows of tomatoes no wonder she looks so good!

Nick

Back
Top Bottom