So many points of view when it comes to defoliation and thinning, pruning. I'm sure suggestions will rain on you if you ask the community about proper defol.
I for one take out every single grow tip and fan at every first node on all side branching. I leave anywhere from 2-5inch of cleared out body Stem/branch of the main. The inside of the plant is the critical area where poor airflow, lack of light and humidity retention will seed and sprout fungi spores; not now but later in fall.
You could probably take all fan leaves now and it wouldn't affect your plant, its not the same once they flower hard, they stop making big fan leaf so caution later on.
Anyway hope you keep having a healthy grow cycle, strong healthy plants don’t get sick.

:Namaste:
I am sure there will be lots of help from the community if I ask for it.

This should stop them damn birds from shitting on my plants

B2D37832-4B73-4A9E-B740-3845A09BA0AF.jpeg

41CBED1C-976C-4A0C-8FD3-9461C926CCB2.jpeg

0B2E27AD-4939-4332-B5C6-827249F5EDC3.jpeg

Hope this works I could not find anything sticky like Joe suggested. If they land on these it is time for drastic measures. HeHe

Hope this works I could not find anything sticky like Joe suggested. If they land on these it is time for drastic measures. HeHe
Spikes work too, just don't stab yourself in the head :eek:

Clapboard houses (is that the right word?)

But houses like them and lick up trucks… yeah can I come visit. Even like the overcast skies!

Northern East US lovely for me

❤️

Nick

Simple is the only way I know. No training here it's still beyond me. Next year I will try and make them look pretty. Can only do what I know. This year topping was new to me, and I think I have that down. Thank you Dani
They’re gorgeous just like they are!

what are they?

They’re gorgeous just like they are!

what are they?
There's the Apple Fritter you know of than the other two are Sour Diesel. The birds are Robins which I love but shitting on my plants I hate.

There's the Apple Fritter you know of than the other two are Sour Diesel. The birds are Robins which I love but shitting on my plants I hate.
I mean what are the three poles?

Spikes work too, just don't stab yourself in the head :eek:
You know now that I thought about it. Joe, you have something there I better think before bending head down to look at the plants. I can see myself stoned and jamming my head into one of those nails. I'll fix that tomorrow.

Good afternoon it is a rainy day here and it looks like it is going to be rainy for a few days. The rain is needed here and I will just feed the first time it dries out a little and get some nutes back into my plants that's all I have ever done when it rains, and it has always worked so I am not worried about the rain messing with my grow. No pictures today unless you want to see wet plants. All three plants have put on some size even with the rain and I think I will have sun popping in and out the next few days so I will just take what I can when I can get it. I have pest on my tomato plants so I neem sprayed them and so far, none on my weed plants as I neem spray them every couple day until flower. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Good afternoon it is a rainy day here and it looks like it is going to be rainy for a few days. The rain is needed here and I will just feed the first time it dries out a little and get some nutes back into my plants that's all I have ever done when it rains, and it has always worked so I am not worried about the rain messing with my grow. No pictures today unless you want to see wet plants. All three plants have put on some size even with the rain and I think I will have sun popping in and out the next few days so I will just take what I can when I can get it. I have pest on my tomato plants so I neem sprayed them and so far, none on my weed plants as I neem spray them every couple day until flower. Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.
I would be making the most of the rain n be collecting all that I could for my ladies. Nothing better than RX mixed with rainwater. The ladies just love it 🥰. Happy growing Keith. CL🥰

Hope you and family have a great weekend KL
Thanks GG I actually have the weekend alone as my wife has gone to her sisters for the weekend. It's great for a couple days and then I start missing her.

It actually turned nice out this afternoon my plants will be dry enough to feed tomorrow. I have a new VIVOSUN seeding heat mat coming Wednesday only $13.29 on E bay it is 10x20,750 it should be long enough for the job. I never used one this year hopefully it will help out next year I had 5 out of 6 seeds pop maybe I would have gottin 6 out of 6 with the heating mat. I can't wait to germinate some more seeds as it was my first time this year. The 5 that did take have been good plants so far, I gave 3 of them away and I hear they are doing good. Everyone have a good night and a happy Sunday.

It actually turned nice out this afternoon my plants will be dry enough to feed tomorrow. I have a new VIVOSUN seeding heat mat coming Wednesday only $13.29 on E bay it is 10x20,750 it should be long enough for the job. I never used one this year hopefully it will help out next year I had 5 out of 6 seeds pop maybe I would have gottin 6 out of 6 with the heating mat. I can't wait to germinate some more seeds as it was my first time this year. The 5 that did take have been good plants so far, I gave 3 of them away and I hear they are doing good. Everyone have a good night and a happy Sunday.
I was reading in the Mephisto grow guide that they put their prepared seeds on top of the tent for heat. I've been working on a Bahia Blackhead pheno hunt and less than half of the seeds sprouted initially. I had held back four seeds for future males, and decided to pop them. But this time I put them on top of the tent. Two days and I got 100% germination this time!

I was reading in the Mephisto grow guide that they put their prepared seeds on top of the tent for heat. I've been working on a Bahia Blackhead pheno hunt and less than half of the seeds sprouted initially. I had held back four seeds for future males, and decided to pop them. But this time I put them on top of the tent. Two days and I got 100% germination this time!
Cool idea but I grow outdoors so I needed a heating mat, but that is a great idea. Someday I will have an indoor grow so that would be a great way of doing it.

I have a question for Capt. or Shed or anyone using Prescription Blend. My Apple Fritter is in preflower, and I am not sure if I should start the flowering schedule now or wait till, I am in full flower? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks guys I will start feeding complete nutes next feeding,
Plants are really making up for lost time at your place! Since you're outside your plants aren't in flower yet with the solstice was just 3 days ago. Completely different from autos or flipping in a tent. I'd save the Big Data (which is mostly phosphorus you don't need and some extra potassium) for a few weeks, since the pistils you're seeing are just telling you that the plants are female.

Also I'm going to re-suggest cardboard toppers for the pots so you can feed them when you want to rather than having to wait for them to dry out with rain water washing out the nutes you're feeding.

Plants are really making up for lost time at your place! Since you're outside your plants aren't in flower yet with the solstice was just 3 days ago. Completely different from autos or flipping in a tent. I'd save the Big Data (which is mostly phosphorus you don't need and some extra potassium) for a few weeks, since the pistils you're seeing are just telling you that the plants are female.

Also I'm going to re-suggest cardboard toppers for the pots so you can feed them when you want to rather than having to wait for them to dry out with rain water washing out the nutes you're feeding.
Thanks Shed

Back
Top Bottom