Today was interesting.. she was wilted as if she was dry although I know she wasn’t. She still had a little weight to her and my moisture meter still showed acceptable levels of moisture in the medium but she wasn’t having it. It was my day to water any way but She shouldn’t have been wilted yet based on the weight and meter. She took her gallon like a champ and bounced back within the hour then went on to be even happier. So I guess Ill move from every 4 days to every 3 if she keeps pace.

E9A87ABA-393E-4690-A5C6-F238999E7814.jpeg

447B9D85-D89F-48A5-AC4A-58EBB2C0110A.jpeg

B976E3CB-7FDB-4211-8936-CD75CF45E270.jpeg

825C69ED-604C-4516-9F63-162FE73C6863.jpeg

FFA1EAA2-9486-4D03-A9EA-77F92E90D81D.jpeg

Shes getting healthy and going for a run😊

She put on an inch over night.. she has space to go another 16-18 inches without concern.. she’s at 21 inches tall currently so should land right in that zone.. She has got her hands up, feeling good, great coloring.

I’ve been looking at humidifiers and can’t decide if I should get a smart Humidifier or another kind of humidifier and just get a smart plug to link it to my hygrometer.. my current humidifier just puts out moist air without any sort of measurement.. I’d really like to automate it so I’m not constantly physically readjusting the flow to keep VPD.

F8896590-C967-4275-BAEB-C5BC026096BB.jpeg

1F739FFE-FFE3-4A52-AB2E-C34626AB8D04.jpeg

130DCAAA-20C1-41E5-BBF7-96335825547B.jpeg

2C5CBC21-9A11-4B1C-8A32-66F3BCF82531.jpeg

Looking at those pictures, it’s crazy how much she has filled in the middle.. I defoliated right before flower and had the entire middle cleared out and she just filled it right back in within a week.
Think I said at the time could see the defo was going to work well. Definitely (or deffo as we say round my way, excuse the bad pun) done some good there

Seems like it’s quite a hated tactic here but I’ve always loved it 😂

She put on an inch over night.. she has space to go another 16-18 inches without concern.. she’s at 21 inches tall currently so should land right in that zone.. She has got her hands up, feeling good, great coloring.

I’ve been looking at humidifiers and can’t decide if I should get a smart Humidifier or another kind of humidifier and just get a smart plug to link it to my hygrometer.. my current humidifier just puts out moist air without any sort of measurement.. I’d really like to automate it so I’m not constantly physically readjusting the flow to keep VPD.

F8896590-C967-4275-BAEB-C5BC026096BB.jpeg

1F739FFE-FFE3-4A52-AB2E-C34626AB8D04.jpeg

130DCAAA-20C1-41E5-BBF7-96335825547B.jpeg

2C5CBC21-9A11-4B1C-8A32-66F3BCF82531.jpeg
I personally have 2x of the small vicks humidifiers, I use one of them on low in preflower, both of them on low in veg, as I move from veg to preflower I start only running one of them on low at a time (they run 24 hours) and once in full flower I usually have them shut off and start up the dehu

Mainly I do this because I work 12 hour shifts with a hour drive each way, on low the humidifiers last about 17 hours so I just keep both filled each morning, when I go to sleep I flip on one, turn off the other and fill both to the limit, when I wake up for work (like now at 330-4pm) I just turn off one and turn on the other and just repeat every day lol reminds me to fill them lol

This is how I dial in my humidity but it may not work for you. I live on the edge of a desert so our natural RH sits at 35-40%. I purchased an Inkbird IHC-200-wifi controller. It is wireless to your phone app and has 2 electrical plug-ins. 1 for a humidifier and 1 for a de-humidifier. I plug my 6" Vortex inline exhaust fan that vents my tent into the dehumidifier socket. Then I set it on the app to whatever humidity i choose. Right now that is 53% RH. When humidity goes above 53% it kicks on and vents the tent and then shuts off. It holds it within a percentage point. I also have a cheap-o 20 dollar costco home weather station hanging from the roof of my tent that I keep at the same height as the plants tops. I have a webcam in the tent that points at the weather station and I can log into the web cam from my phone. I cant take leaf temp remotely but if plants are healthy its 2 degrees lower. So now at work I can enter room temp and humidity into a vpd calculator and safely assume the leaves are 2 degrees cooler. If they are running too slow i lower the humidity with the app. If they are running too fast i raise it. The vpd calculator tells me what to adjust RH to. If RH gets too low and I can't keep it up to 53% its time to water.

4 days ago I log in and the temp is 83 and humidity was set at 51. Normally temp is 78 so vpd is 1.39 but my wife turned on her glass kiln and temp went up to 83. Now VPD is 1.65 and leaves are getting jagged so I set my humidity to 56 and VPD dropped to 1.45 just that easy. The controller app also has alarms so if it can't keep the humidity high enough the alarm squeals and I go water the Babes.

4 days ago I log in and the temp is 83 and humidity was set at 51. Normally temp is 78 so vpd is 1.39 but my wife turned on her glass kiln and temp went up to 83. Now VPD is 1.65 and leaves are getting jagged so I set my humidity to 56 and VPD dropped to 1.45 just that easy. The controller app also has alarms so if it can't keep the humidity high enough the alarm squeals and I go water the Babes.
Sounds like an awesome setup! I’ve been looking at the InkBirds haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet, everything is pretty even for me currently, my RH only goes up 4% at night even with the humidifier running, the 6” exhaust made a huge difference over the 4”. Temp drops about 5f at lights out so about 72-73f lights on is between 80-81f, RH hangs between 46-55%, and like you leaf temps run about 2f cooler at lights on.

I live in the Detroit Metro Area so my humidity is season dependent. Currently it’s averaging 45-50ish depending on the temperature which is currently swinging a bit.. was 38 this morning and reached 72 this afternoon. I just read that they came up with a smart home standardization called Matter 1.0 which is perfect timing. Soon I’ll be able to automate across different devices rendering my current issue obsolete.

Wow.. she’s grown in the few hours since the pictures I posted earlier

7A083189-0182-4C5C-BC7C-80146D7B6A5E.jpeg

2CE70F0B-7B3A-40FE-A684-EBB26B26733F.jpeg

794AC24D-24D6-440E-A208-0AB60108E787.jpeg

I’m thinking it’s a sativa dominant hybrid.. the only thing stopping me from being positive is the coloring of the leaves.. they’re fairly dark for a sativa however the spacing, the stretching, and the fingers all make me think sativa

Sounds like an awesome setup! I’ve been looking at the InkBirds haven’t pulled the trigger on one yet, everything is pretty even for me currently, my RH only goes up 4% at night even with the humidifier running, the 6” exhaust made a huge difference over the 4”. Temp drops about 5f at lights out so about 72-73f lights on is between 80-81f, RH hangs between 46-55%, and like you leaf temps run about 2f cooler at lights on.
That sounds pretty dialed. It explains why your plants are looking so so so happy. That one is really happy. It preys to the sun so beautifully👊

The yellow tips are bothering me.. I think it’s light related because the ones that are shaded aren’t yellow, It’s odd to me though the plant could be this far from the light and still show yellow tips. It’s not nute burn, I don’t use liquid nutes, and the tips aren’t brown or burnt, they’re yellow. The new growth is showing yellow tips if it isn’t shaded.

Ph is good.. the rest of the plant is healthy, colorful, and vigorous, it’s just the tips. I did read something about lights being too powerful for a space and wonder if having my area Mylar lined and enclosed is doing something.

The only other option is my soil being hot but would it really still be throwing off yellow tips almost 45 days after transplant?

Thats a zoom of your canopy. In the blue I see residual chlorosis and residual jagged leaf syndrome from low humidity in your plants past. They are scars now and your plant has recovered nicely. In the red dots I see organic nute burn. Its mild, mine are worse at the moment. It can have many causes but in the end this is what it is. Your water intake gets so much nutrients in it that your solar panels cant photosynthesize all the nutes passing by(you are overfeeding) and the unsynthesized nutes get pushed through into the leaf and they collect in the tips because the tips are the end of the line. The nute buildup dries out the plant tissue and browns the tips. Its almost always from a tea or Cal-Mag. They are scars too but by the time you are flowered out there is a very good chance that every scarred leaf will be defoliated and replaced by newer better ones so dont worry about them they won't cause you much grief. If it continues on the new tips that are now healthy then your soil may be too hot but i doubt it. If your soil is too hot your plant wouldn't look so happy.

Screenshot_20221004-170921_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom