Keffkas Coast Of Maine Line, TLO/LOS Style, Bagseed, Indoor Grow

Like the tent. . Room for plants. Like like that. You will notice good nugs from that. I have grow many to get a lot. . I'm to impatient to wait for months or so for veg. Two months seems like forever

Waiting is the hardest part honestly lol

It's is for me. Been trying to time that out where always got something going. Sucks making crap to do.

I’m gonna have to break down and buy a second light so I can get a constant rotation going.. Nothing too big needed, my current fixture is perfect for flowering large amounts so I just need something that gets me from sprout to halfway through Veg

Thats definitely a form of "nute burn" if you will.

Its very typical after a tea or a calcium dosage.

If your tea is nutrient heavy and/or your soil is very nutrient dense, and you overfeed, as in suddenly move more nutrients thru the plant than it can process, the solids in its "blood" get driven into the tips and plaque up. The plaque dries and then starts to suck moisture from the plant cells, resulting in brown dried tips.

If you have great soil nutrition but calcium is low it will be really sluggish, so opening soil up with a calcium can immediately, as in that day, cause a rush of nutrients too.

That one usually shows as excess nitro tho, this looks more like a tea.

I get it too. You can't avoid it in small pots. Sooner or later you gotta feed them.

If you know that going in and feed constant watered down teas you can avoid it.

Slow and steady.

Keep light amounts of ewc going in up top.

Its the rush that does it.

Do you think I should keep my ppms at 70 and just get some EWC in, or lower it a bit?

I’m gonna have to break down and buy a second light so I can get a constant rotation going.. Nothing too big needed, my current fixture is perfect for flowering large amounts so I just need something that gets me from sprout to halfway through Veg
Yep. I did opposite. I started off small then bigger and bigger. Only have one plant ,5 gallon. I have one or two every cycle. So it can give me the smoke during hurry up and wait. .had to cut so many early. But still good smoke. 3 hitters. But I still like a finished nug. Properly finished. . Hard to do tho. Bring out colors and sht. I get over patient then.and chop city. . But this time I think I can refrain from that. I got some really good smoke.now. with my old smoke. Yeah. I can deal with it now.

Yep. I did opposite. I started off small then bigger and bigger. Only have one plant ,5 gallon. I have one or two every cycle. So it can give me the smoke during hurry up and wait. .had to cut so many early. But still good smoke. 3 hitters. But I still like a finished nug. Properly finished. . Hard to do tho. Bring out colors and sht. I get over patient then.and chop city. . But this time I think I can refrain from that. I got some really good smoke.now. with my old smoke. Yeah. I can deal with it now.

I got a deal from my first NCO who now lives an hour away.. sold me a Growers Choice ROI E720 (it retails for 899$) a 4x4 gorilla grow tent, two 2x2 tents, meters, digital timers, containers, drip trays, and a buttload of nutrients for 300$. He only used the light for one grow so I couldn’t pass it up. It’s an intense light but I was never going to find anything close to that good of a deal and it would’ve been foolish not to take it.

If it weren’t for that deal, I would’ve went with what you did and started out small and worked my way up.

I got a deal from my first NCO who now lives an hour away.. sold me a Growers Choice ROI E720 (it retails for 899$) a 4x4 gorilla grow tent, two 2x2 tents, meters, digital timers, containers, drip trays, and a buttload of nutrients for 300$. He only used the light for one grow so I couldn’t pass it up. It’s an intense light but I was never going to find anything close to that good of a deal and it would’ve been foolish not to take it.

If it weren’t for that deal, I would’ve went with what you did and started out small and worked my way up.
Oh heck yeah bro. Do what got to do. I would. I got 4 journals going for similar deal. Just honored they asked me to do. Makes me feel like a good grower

Oh heck yeah bro. Do what got to do. I would. I got 4 journals going for similar deal. Just honored they asked me to do. Makes me feel like a good grower

Would’ve done the same too lol.. Not about to turn my nose up at someone trying to give me something, especially if all they want me to do is what I was gonna do any way

Would’ve done the same too lol.. Not about to turn my nose up at someone trying to give me something, especially if all they want me to do is what I was gonna do any way
Got that right. Lmao. And crap we put a lot work into this too. And people can do same thing in growing. If they just watch and learn they see best cheapest and affordable way to grow. Clues are there
I started with light bulbs from kitchen

Got that right. Lmao. And crap we put a lot work into this too. And people can do same thing in growing. If they just watch and learn they see best cheapest and affordable way to grow. Clues are there
I started with light bulbs from kitchen

🤣 yup.. I use cardboard boxes, tons of duct and gorilla tape, safety pins, sheets, milk and tea jugs, meat thermometer, etc. the list goes on and on.. my nutrients are cheap and easy to find, I reuse everything I possibly can. Heck these journals I’ve done are bagseed 🤣

The areas where I splurged were my light, and my water system. The water system has a dual purpose as well. Feeds my cannabis and gives us clean water to drink, cook, and clean with. It’s all about trying to be as efficient and thrifty with everything as much as possible.

You aren't alone. I start in soil. I once met a cool old lady who grows everything really well. She does it direct-sow in the dirt. I believe she calls herself Mother Nature.

Most go with paper towel and glasses of water because most seed companies promote it, and it works fairly well.

A lesser germinated seed is still better than a non-germinated seed.

But a properly germinated seed raised on mothers milk is best, and if you are going to perpetuate that plant thru seeds or cloning, the lesser health of a poorly started seed will follow you, as will the better health and vigor of a healthily started seed.

This I know 1st hand.

Starting in spagnum sucks. A lot. But I get better plants and better clones from those plants, and better seeds too. It takes 3-5 days of my life having to spray the seed lightly every 3 or 4 hours, it sucks! but its still worth it....
Starting in soil for me would be difficult as I am oa way for nearly 12 hours in the daytime. I am wondering if I drop it in a shot glass and then use that water for watering later it could save the bacteria

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being best, how happy are your plants acting right now? Don't look at old stuff, but just the last 3 days. Are they pretty happy?

the newest stuff which is all of the buds looks real happy. Turgid and sharp like it’s photosynthesizing efficiently. I’d give the new stuff a 9 the only hesitation on a 10 is the slight brown on the tips

Sorry Keff I was running around town. If things are currently a 9+ then I wouldn't make any drastic changes, but you need a small application of ewc regularly. I really like 50ppm for anything. I don't often check ppm's but when I do 50 is usually where I'm comfy. I go into the 60's sometimes but over 60 and you risk burnt tips.

I would lower it a bit to about 50 ppm and then use some ewc regularly.

Sorry Keff I was running around town. If things are currently a 9+ then I wouldn't make any drastic changes, but you need a small application of ewc regularly. I really like 50ppm for anything. I don't often check ppm's but when I do 50 is usually where I'm comfy. I go into the 60's sometimes but over 60 and you risk burnt tips.

You’re good, just finished making/eating dinner. I gave them 70 again this evening but will ease it back down. How often is regularly on the EWC and how much? I’ve got a top dress due on Wednesday. Week 1, 3, and 5 of flower is when I do it.

You’re good, just finished making/eating dinner. I gave them 70 again this evening but will ease it back down. How often is regularly on the EWC and how much? I’ve got a top dress due on Wednesday. Week 1, 3, and 5 of flower is when I do it.
I only add about 1/8" to 1/4" tops but about once a week-ish. You will be able to see, about every 2nd or 3rd watering, that its all worked its way in. Just enough to cover the soil and get rinsed in. Like adding parmesan on spaghetti. Too much at once will clog the surface.

I only add about 1/8" to 1/4" tops but about once a week-ish. You will be able to see, about every 2nd or 3rd watering, that its all worked its way in. Just enough to cover the soil and get rinsed in. Like adding parmesan on spaghetti. Too much at once will clog the surface.

Do you mulch your containers? This sounds like a huge PITA with mulch lol. I’m trying to figure out something else that can do the job of mulch but not be so tedious to remove and replace. I think I’m gonna use my leftover stems and sticks from this run next time.

I’m already worn out from trying to spread the message of seed germination and why using paper towels or water glasses is wrong. It’s gotta be super frustrating to be a doctor or scientist and watch people continuously believe or operate on false beliefs or misguided information.

I think I’m done trying to spread the word and will just stand on the hill by myself. If people want to believe, that’s fine, my results speak for themselves, and I’m content. I’ll do like I do with everything else. I’ll just make sure my sons have the correct information, they’ve got the energy of youth to have this battle.
You've convinced me as noted in This post.

All you can do is spread the info. Growers can use it or not in their grows, but stuff like this that goes against years of SOP can take a while to take hold.

Do you mulch your containers? This sounds like a huge PITA with mulch lol. I’m trying to figure out something else that can do the job of mulch but not be so tedious to remove and replace. I think I’m gonna use my leftover stems and sticks from this run next time.
I do. Sorry I should have mentioned this... I dry some ewc. I leave the lid off a container until I can crumble it like dirt.

Then I sprinkle that dry crumble over my mulch and water it in. That way a small bit gets right in and the calcium starts to work. Low and steady.

A tablespoon here, a tablespoon there, is part of my regular regiment.

Yeah I usually use mulch. I haven't lately as nothing was going to flower cycle until now.

Anything I intend to flower gets bark mulch its whole life. It gets feeder roots right up to the surface.

Without mulch, quite often when you dissect a rootball, you see that the top inch had no roots in it.

If you use mulch it will have roots in it. You need that food, and mulch blocks the light so the roots move in.

Then the roots will eat the carbon in the bark mulch. They will grow right onto the bark nuggets from underneath.

I add mulch about 2 times after flower starts, so 3 times total in a 10 week flower. It gets eaten quick.

You don't want it too thick. Find the line between blocking light but not choking air.

Back
Top Bottom