Junior Grower First Time

I am using bysen helios led, it claims to have 350w. I put it 30 inch above them.

350watts would be way too much for a seedling, but most LEDs are adjustable, plus you're 30" above. If you get a chance, can you share a pic of the plants under the LEDs so we can get a batter idea of how it all looks? I suspect increased photons would be a plus for your seedlings, but when it's coming from 350 watts, you can easily overdo it and smoke the seedlings with too much light.

Unfortunately they seem to be headed exactly where I thought they were headed.
They may not be salvageable, but you could try to get a couple of solo cups put lots of slits all around the bottom and fill them with the Clackamas Coots soil I linked to earlier.
Carefully remove these from their death pot, very carefully wash off most of the offending soil, and dunk them into a weak solution of hydrogen peroxide and pure water, then transplant into the solo cups and water with an Aloe Vera water.

And make sure your lights aren't too close.

Two good things from this though.
A learning experience and it all happened in under 2 weeks so you haven't lost much time.

I am sorry, but city i live in doesn't have much soil to buy, this is the soil i can find with the most right ph. Other soil is black and more grainy than the one i am using right now. Just ask, is that ok to use coco, thats the one i remember i saw on shop.

I would assume they can get all the ingredients needed to make it.
Certainly rice hulls and pumice have to be obtainable.
I would hope sphagnum moss, coco coir is available.

He said they have the kit or contents in a prior post. My concern is what was available to him and considering his location, I'm near certain this all is highly illegal so I did not want to be the one to get too descriptive and potentially compromise Grower's safety somehow. So forgive my prejudice Grower, but I construe your govt to be not much different than that of your southern neighbor (NK). Maybe I'm just overly paranoid.

350watts would be way too much for a seedling, but most LEDs are adjustable, plus you're 30" above. If you get a chance, can you share a pic of the plants under the LEDs so we can get a batter idea of how it all looks? I suspect increased photons would be a plus for your seedlings, but when it's coming from 350 watts, you can easily overdo it and smoke the seedlings with too much light.

I hope this photo help.

He said they have the kit or contents in a prior post. My concern is what was available to him and considering his location, I'm near certain this all is highly illegal so I did not want to be the one to get too descriptive and potentially compromise Grower's safety somehow. So forgive my prejudice Grower, but I construe your govt to be not much different than that of your southern neighbor (NK). Maybe I'm just overly paranoid.

You are right. Everything i buy i should concern on my security.

I am sorry, but city i live in doesn't have much soil to buy, this is the soil i can find with the most right ph. Other soil is black and more grainy than the one i am using right now. Just ask, is that ok to use coco, thats the one i remember i saw on shop.
So you can get coco coir, have you seen any sphagnum moss?
You're bound to be able to get rice hulls and pumice, you can even make some biochar by burning some wood to charcoal and then break up into small bits with a hammer.
Then you just need some good compost and Earth worm castings.
A handful of kelp meal, alfalfa meal, some barley, etc

Some states in the US are saying hold my beer while they try to be just like that.
Cops in this country are psychopaths

I hope this photo help.

I don't see a fan in there. Please say you've been using one? That soil needs to be able to release water through evaporation, and also the plant needs to perspire to encourage uptake of water from the soil. It looks like the distance from your light is good considering how intense it is right now. Seedlings can handle more intensity than clones, but still not as much as young veg plants so it's something you have to ease into.

You are right. Everything i buy i should concern on my security.

I don't know if you live in a condo with a balcony or a house with a porch/yard, but it might be wise to start a small vegetable garden, or some ornamental plants that would give a justifiable reason to own such tools or purchase certain soils, amendments or nutrients. Also, it's good to have other plants going to try new skills on, or test for optimal distance for your lights.

So you can get coco coir, have you seen any sphagnum moss?
You're bound to be able to get rice hulls and pumice, you can even make some biochar by burning some wood to charcoal and then break up into small bits with a hammer.
Then you just need some good compost and Earth worm castings.
A handful of kelp meal, alfalfa meal, some barley, etc

Never saw any shop selling something like sphagnum moss.

alfalfa and barley, these term i heard the first time. Got to research a bit on where to buy this things.

Buy a bag of fox farms happy frog soil and the trio nutrient set of grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom. Plant germinated seed into final pot and water really good one time and wait. Don’t add any nutrients yet. Wait a week with your light on 18/6 and you should have a healthy seedling with a couple sets of leaves.

Buy a bag of fox farms happy frog soil and the trio nutrient set of grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom. Plant germinated seed into final pot and water really good one time and wait. Don’t add any nutrients yet. Wait a week with your light on 18/6 and you should have a healthy seedling with a couple sets of leaves.

That's not a possibility where he lives in China.
Going to need to do some kind of guerrilla grow to round up basic supplies and make his own.

Or he could do a Coco grow, but that's a whole different ball of manure to get all the nutrients and water daily with the right amounts of what's needed.

You could do some research into KNF (Korean Natural Farming) and get most of everything you need in the areas around you.

Looks great GWJ, they are growing that's for sure! :headbanger:
Something that will definitely benefit them would be to try and poke / drill a couple holes here and there into the sides of your pots for better soil aeration & it will help your roots down low breath better. :high-five:

Looks great GWJ, they are growing that's for sure! :headbanger:
Something that will definitely benefit them would be to try and poke / drill a couple holes here and there into the sides of your pots for better soil aeration & it will help your roots down low breath better. :high-five:

Good idea, i gonna prepare a drill later.

I wonder if those plastic grains will affect plants?

That looks great GWJ, i am confident that will benefit your seedlings :hippy:

Back
Top Bottom