Junior Grower First Time

Got to admit I am overreact, overprotective and insecure, especially I got zero experience on how to grow a plant.

I appreciate how you guys patiently help and teach me, still long way to go, but for sure I am able to hold my urge and care less now. :high-five:
Progression is so much fun! :party:

:bongrip:They are looking good to me. Of course they are still recovering from minor over-watering and i think it will take a week for the seedlings to 100% correct themselves. They are getting healthier & not worse thats for sure. Keep it up GWJ! :goodjob::rollit:

Please explain?
Doesn't there appear to be more going on here than just a bit too much water for a couple days?

Theres been virtually no growth in 6 days.
Color looks good though which is odd.

Ordinarily a seedling just sitting dormant for a week is trying to dampen off.
Maybe these pots got virtually no drainage and the soils gone anaerobic.

Doesn't there appear to be more going on here than just a bit too much water for a couple days?

Theres been virtually no growth in 6 days.
Color looks good though which is odd.

Ordinarily a seedling just sitting dormant for a week is trying to dampen off.
Maybe these pots got virtually no drainage and the soils gone anaerobic.

Asking me a vague question isn't an explaination. I'm not implying you owe me one, but if you're not going to specifically state the problem that you see, and more importantly the solution to fix the problem, I don't understand what you originally stated.

Asking me a vague question isn't an explaination. I'm not implying you owe me one, but if you're not going to specifically state the problem that you see, and more importantly the solution to fix the problem, I don't understand what you originally stated.
Sorry, thought I was pretty clear.

Problem: The soil is anaerobic and probably too hot.
Solution: Get it out of it.

Sorry, thought I was pretty clear.

Problem: The soil is anaerobic and probably too hot.
Solution: Get it out of it.

I don't see that, but I'm on the pot so ..... :passitleft:

Can i transfer seedling to coco right in the middle of grow without damaging it?

Actually ww2 got a lighter green than what it shows on photo, my phone camera always enhance color automatically.

I would just do what everyone else is saying on those two.
But I would go and get two 7 gallon Fabric pots and fill them with a good Clackamas Coots soil recipe.

Wet the soil as you layer it in the pots and use a wetting agent such as Yucca or aloe vera in the water, make sure theres no dry spots left that are hydrophobic.
Let that sit a few days then germinate two more seeds and plant them in those 7 gallon pots.
Then you water the plant, not the pot.
Water the seedling in a small circle about 1" out from the seedling, just enough water to complete the circle and moisten the soil to a depth of a couple inches.
Do that about twice a day.
Day 4 you bring that circle out to 2" and use twice as much water.
Day 8 bring it out 3" and double the water.
By the time its 3 weeks old you water the pot.
Keep your lights about 30" up until the second set of real leaves grow out.
Do a 20/4 light schedule until ready to flip, a week before flipping go to 18/6, then to 12/12.

It looks to me that you got bad soil in a bad pot and you're probably fighting a losing battle.
But it's hard to tell in pics, it's something that needs a hands on assessment.

Everyone else seems to think they're doing just fine and they could very well be correct.
So I would opt to follow their suggestions on those two, but get good pots and soil ready, by the time you do that you'll probably know if these two are going to snap outa their funk like everyone else seems quite sure about.
Then you can either transplant these into the new pots if they're growing as they should or germinate two new seeds.

The nature of the soil, and suggestions for alternative growing methods have been discussed.

You are correct. The soil has been anaerobic. But that can be corrected. And again, you are correct, the ideal solution would be to transplant the youngster into some soil of known quality.

But we
are helping Grower work with what he has, and learn valuable new skills in the process. Nobody’s first grow is pretty. But he has the courage to come on here and learn. And receive encouragement when he does well.

Thanks for your explanation, brother.
:ganjamon:

Can i transfer seedling to coco right in the middle of grow without damaging it?

Yes you can, but be very careful to not damage the delicate root hairs. Remove as much soil as you can, but don’t worry if you can’t get it all.

Are you prepared to grow in coco? Have you done a lot of research, and read a bunch of grow journals? I myself don’t grow in coco, so I will have to wish you good growing.
:ganjamon:

I would just do what everyone else is saying on those two.
But I would go and get two 7 gallon Fabric pots and fill them with a good Clackamas Coots soil recipe.

Wet the soil as you layer it in the pots and use a wetting agent such as Yucca or aloe vera in the water, make sure theres no dry spots left that are hydrophobic.
Let that sit a few days then germinate two more seeds and plant them in those 7 gallon pots.
Then you water the plant, not the pot.
Water the seedling in a small circle about 1" out from the seedling, just enough water to complete the circle and moisten the soil to a depth of a couple inches.
Do that about twice a day.
Day 4 you bring that circle out to 2" and use twice as much water.
Day 8 bring it out 3" and double the water.
By the time its 3 weeks old you water the pot.
Keep your lights about 30" up until the second set of real leaves grow out.
Do a 20/4 light schedule until ready to flip, a week before flipping go to 18/6, then to 12/12.

It looks to me that you got bad soil in a bad pot and you're probably fighting a losing battle.
But it's hard to tell in pics, it's something that needs a hands on assessment.

Everyone else seems to think they're doing just fine and they could very well be correct.
So I would opt to follow their suggestions on those two, but get good pots and soil ready, by the time you do that you'll probably know if these two are going to snap outa their funk like everyone else seems quite sure about.
Then you can either transplant these into the new pots if they're growing as they should or germinate two new seeds.

Thanks for suggestion. ;)

Day 13,

I see they start to grow a lot new leaves in just 24 hours. Color still remain the same, but they are droopier than ever.

Are you prepared to grow in coco? Have you done a lot of research, and read a bunch of grow journals? I myself don’t grow in coco, so I will have to wish you good growing.

All i know is i got to water it every day, and mix my own nutrients (which i got no idea if they are organic).

Grower, what are you using for lighting?

Day 13,

IMG_20190524_220807.jpg

IMG_20190524_220815.jpg

IMG_20190524_220842.jpg

I see they start to grow a lot new leaves in just 24 hours. Color still remain the same, but they are droopier than ever.

All i know is i got to water it every day, and mix my own nutrients (which i got no idea if they are organic).
Unfortunately they seem to be headed exactly where I thought they were headed.
They may not be salvageable, but you could try to get a couple of solo cups put lots of slits all around the bottom and fill them with the Clackamas Coots soil I linked to earlier.
Carefully remove these from their death pot, very carefully wash off most of the offending soil, and dunk them into a weak solution of hydrogen peroxide and pure water, then transplant into the solo cups and water with an Aloe Vera water.

And make sure your lights aren't too close.

Two good things from this though.
A learning experience and it all happened in under 2 weeks so you haven't lost much time.

Back
Top Bottom