Junior Grower First Time

Day 20,
Had I ever mention, WW1 had curly and strange leaves all the time. It is growing 5 blades leaf, which WW2 is still remain in 3 blades.

GWJ they are looking great! :bravo: I see the leaf curling you are talking about but it does not look very bad so just keep your eye on it.

Day 22, i plan to water both of them today, the ideal weight is around 100g, i don't want to cause underwater damage. And they just slightly below what i expected.

I can feel WW1 is a bit slow now.

So compact node is consider good sign. Glad to know. :ganjamon:

It is indicative of closer side branching which should translate to better bud stacking when you get into flower. My first grow was a WW too. I vegged it pretty long, made every mistake imaginable but still got a half pound of dry bud from that harvest. I journaled it here on 420.

It is indicative of closer side branching which should translate to better bud stacking when you get into flower. My first grow was a WW too. I vegged it pretty long, made every mistake imaginable but still got a half pound of dry bud from that harvest. I journaled it here on 420.

Auto doesn't limit their harvest time even they are stunted, just get less bud?

Do you think I should do LST on current auto WW a week later?

Auto doesn't limit their harvest time even they are stunted, just get less bud?

Do you think I should do LST on current auto WW a week later?

I do LST when it's needed, but generally, branch ends will reach as needed to grow out into the light. Autos flower when they are genetically programmed to, so yes they will yield less if they are given too much stress. This rule applies to all plants, but with photoperiod plants, you can essentially restart the clock if you're still in veg growth. I grow photo plants for this reason. I inflict a lot of intentional stress on them while in veg and they endure the pain I inflict and go through recovery periods. However, once recovered from my abuse, the plant is a lot larger, has a lot of side branches and a well developed root zone. At that time is when I put them into bloom. When growing with autos, you don't have any of these options. I think autos can be topped one time, but then only certain autos, and you'll definitely need to speak to auto growers to clarify that.

I do LST when it's needed, but generally, branch ends will reach as needed to grow out into the light. Autos flower when they are genetically programmed to, so yes they will yield less if they are given too much stress. This rule applies to all plants, but with photoperiod plants, you can essentially restart the clock if you're still in veg growth. I grow photo plants for this reason. I inflict a lot of intentional stress on them while in veg and they endure the pain I inflict and go through recovery periods. However, once recovered from my abuse, the plant is a lot larger, has a lot of side branches and a well developed root zone. At that time is when I put them into bloom. When growing with autos, you don't have any of these options. I think autos can be topped one time, but then only certain autos, and you'll definitely need to speak to auto growers to clarify that.

Thanks, I will do more research before I act. Or if I lack of knowledge i'll do nothing to them.

Thanks, I will do more research before I act. Or if I lack of knowledge i'll do nothing to them.

There are lots of things you can do that is LST, and I encourage you to try them all as the end result is still low stress. All plants can endure endless low stress techniques. It's the high stress techniques you need to be made aware of so you don't accidentally do those. You should be able to learn generally what each is, then weed out the HST ones.

There are lots of things you can do that is LST, and I encourage you to try them all as the end result is still low stress. All plants can endure endless low stress techniques. It's the high stress techniques you need to be made aware of so you don't accidentally do those. You should be able to learn generally what each is, then weed out the HST ones.

Noted.

Also I am confused on period, how to know if the plant is on veg or flowering period? Is there any solid sign?

There's something growing out between the node and main stem. Is that another node or it is something else?

Noted.

Also I am confused on period, how to know if the plant is on veg or flowering period? Is there any solid sign?

There's something growing out between the node and main stem. Is that another node or it is something else?

I believe autos usually veg for a few weeks before putting themselves into bloom. Look up how many days autos grow for and deduct 63-70 days for bloom, so if it takes 120 days to grow an auto, I'd estimate 50-57 of those days for vegging.

When autos start flowering is really strain-, and even pheno-dependent. Most will start between 20 and 40 days.

Your first sign of flowering will be white hairy-looking pistils coming out of the junction between main stem and secondary stems.

If you want to try topping (which works very well with most autos), you should do it now (maybe with WW2, since she is already working on node 6), because you want to do that before flowering.

LST can be done anytime after a couple of nodes. Be sure to support the main stem with a rock on the side that is bent, or with a pipe cleaner, etc pulling from the opposite side.

3505DD95-660F-48DF-AF68-6F28BB2416B0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom