Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Commentary welcome! Is there anything I can do to improve this situation?
Yes, upgrade the damn sensor presentation. Holy crap!

I mean, I get it if you did it quickly for proof of concept, but duct tape on a pole?? C'mon Jon.

Maybe @Absorber can dial you up a cool little holder as that visual you have there ain't gonna make the coffee table book. :eek:

:laugh:

I mean, I get it if you did it quickly for proof of concept, but duct tape on a pole?? C'mon Jon.

Maybe @Absorber can dial you up a cool little holder as that visual you have there ain't gonna make the coffee table book. :eek:

I could print Jon a sky hook 🤣

Azi, draw Jon a picture of what it should look like.😁

Ha! Try a grow where the plants get taller than two feet. It’s pretty convenient. I gotta make a nice setup for a $10 sensor? Nah. Lol!!!

All joking aside for a moment - sincere thanks for all your help with this grow. I wouldn’t be where I am without the help. :adore:
We like to bounce around between jocularity and sincerity ‘round these parts. Lol!

All joking aside for a moment - sincere thanks for all your help with this grow. I wouldn’t be where I am without the help. :adore:
lol Your turns coming Buddy. I'm growing autos in the Spring. Would you happen to know an auto guy I could bother? 🤣

lol Your turns coming Buddy. I'm growing autos in the Spring. Would you happen to know an auto guy I could bother? 🤣
Lol. Wow, you are, eh? Oh yeah, your conversation art pieces for the porch. That’s right. Cool! Well, you won’t need my help, but I’ll be haunting the lab so I’ll take any questions you don’t really need to ask, cuz when you ask me a question, it gives me automatic cred.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Lol. Wow, you are, eh? Oh yeah, your conversation art pieces for the porch. That’s right. Cool! Well, you won’t need my help, but I’ll be haunting the lab so I’ll take any questions you don’t really need to ask, cuz when you ask me a question, it gives me automatic cred.

I do have a first suggestion though: make one of them the Strawberry Banana. Everyone sells a version, I’d go with Blimburn or 420FastBuds version, or maybe Barney’s Farm. I’ve grown the latter two versions, but Blimburn never lets me down - they’re my current king auto breeder, although I need more experience with Mephisto. You know the strain? It’s a glorious fruity explosion of love. I’ve grown the auto version a number of times. It’s a smallish, indica-like plant that’s very pretty, not too tight and unwieldy, gets covered in an otherworldly amount of trichomes, and smells like a dream on the vine. It’s also like 28% thc. It would be a perfect one for what you want to do. Plants of that type structure will be your sweet spot I think. Indica leaning hybrids or 50/50s. You probably want to stay away from the five or six foot spindly sativas I would think.

Jon's AutoCred for AutoFlowers Grow - Summer 2024. Coming soon to a patio near you.🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jon's AutoCred for AutoFlowers Grow - Summer 2024. Coming soon to a patio near you.🤣🤣🤣🤣
Hey @Gee64, you see I have deemed the clone Sour Lifesaver, to make it easier to type, lol. But I have not given her a name yet. Flower starts at 6pm. She needs a name. Wanna take a shot? @NickHardy - you’re also actually just as invested in what comes of the clone. If you guys are in the mood, take a shot if you like and I’ll go with whichever I like better. If neither of you beat the name I have in mind I’ll go with mine. Lmao. Just for fun. Nick - please tell me we didn’t already do this. There’s a small part of my brain thinking this might be a stoner STML post and we already did name her. Lol!

Hey @Gee64, you see I have deemed the clone Sour Lifesaver, to make it easier to type, lol. But I have not given her a name yet. Flower starts at 6pm. She needs a name. Wanna take a shot? @NickHardy - you’re also actually just as invested in what comes of the clone. If you guys are in the mood, take a shot if you like and I’ll go with whichever I like better. If neither of you beat the name I have in mind I’ll go with mine. Lmao. Just for fun. Nick - please tell me we didn’t already do this. There’s a small part of my brain thinking this might be a stoner STML post and we already did name her. Lol!
Smurf Girl (Blue Bubbles)

What the actual…

Bastards all around encouraging me to think. I’m busy you mofo’s! 🤣

successfully lobbied for and am getting my heated garage!!!!!
Yeah - shrinking violet that you are, pal? Hehehe! Got your way did yah? Just on this one occasion? Then follow up with advanced spec details? As they say round SE parts - “OK - Lah” 😆 I missed yah bro.
Might as well add one more little one as a clone tent and start keeping a few photoperiods around like that one from your Yoda.
You Azi! Just mean 😆 Seems like a dare or perhaps a tease to me 🤣🤣
Most good growers are in the VPD zone without realizing it. I think you will be good Jon😎
Totally - I spent $600USD on a totally great VPD for mega lights and Co2 sensor I think I don’t need to see how close my skin and eyes get to optimal - feel like humans are built in to sense this stuff. I’ll see. But I genuinely believe I learnt with no/minimal sensors. What the fancy thing says won't be far off how I do it anyway.

Also - I’m quitting growing when Jon launches his new grow up in PA until we move house. I’ll just be saddened by his better designed multi room setup.

Bastard, for now. But the next house…

Your’s with love, Nick x

😆🥲🤣

Damnit man, why didn’t you just say so? Lol! Like I said, stoner memory. Sorry bud. Refresh am old man’s memory, will you? Lmao.
A lot has happened since then. Lmao.

What the actual…

Bastards all around encouraging me to think. I’m busy you mofo’s! 🤣

Yeah - shrinking violet that you are, pal? Hehehe! Got your way did yah? Just on this one occasion? Then follow up with advanced spec details? As they say round SE parts - “OK - Lah” 😆 I missed yah bro.

You Azi! Just mean 😆 Seems like a dare or perhaps a tease to me 🤣🤣

Totally - I spent $600USD on a totally great VPD for mega lights and Co2 sensor I think I don’t need to see how close my skin and eyes get to optimal - feel like humans are built in to sense this stuff. I’ll see. But I genuinely believe I learnt with no/minimal sensors. What the fancy thing says won't be far off how I do it anyway.

Also - I’m quitting growing when Jon launches his new grow up in PA until we move house. I’ll just be saddened by his better designed multi room setup.

Bastard, for now. But the next house…

Your’s with love, Nick x

😆🥲🤣
Whoa! How long a break are you talking about? Guess you better bring this grow home in style. And after all this work you just did? Damn,

Whoa! How long a break are you talking about? Guess you better bring this grow home in style. And after all this work you just did? Damn,
Nah man. Nah 😆

I’m not stopping growing unless its illegal.

Might/will stop writing about it,

Not upgrading my my grow facilities until I see your new Philly Cheesesteak Grow. 😆

You gotta up your game after my new light arrives next week - I’ll consider my options after - as you up your game still more

🤣

And you know that’s competitive luv!

Nah man. Nah 😆

I’m not stopping growing unless its illegal.

Might/will stop writing about it,

Not upgrading my my grow facilities until I see your new Philly Cheesesteak Grow. 😆

You gotta up your game after my new light arrives next week - I’ll consider my options after - as you up your game still more

🤣

And you know that’s competitive luv!
Whoa. @NickHardy tosses the gauntlet at my feet after slapping me with it. Touché Nick, I like it. Lol. And I’m a gullible mofo. I thought you were serious about moving. :rolleyes:

Compete. Lmao. Damn, you really are a gamer aren’t you?

So…for real, you have CO2 and major infrastructure and tons of big and high end equipment and basically all the space in the world. You’ve been growing way longer than I have. You seem to have unlimited financial flexibility if you need something mid grow. You sell weed for a living at least in part. How exactly am I to compete with that? Not exactly an even playing field. Once I’m in Pa I can come closer on space, kind of (not really). Still won’t have CO2. Or all your bells and whistles. Or your finances. Or your experience level.

That’s the downside. Heh. Now the upside.

I don’t need any bells and whistles to compete with you, my friend.

HA. You hit me in my ego bone.

Once I hit PA things get real. Realer for me anyway. Everything’s relative, lol. But I’ve had enough of this bullshit, piddling little one car garage space that requires daily gymnastics to grow half decent weed in. 3 years of banging my head against the wall is enough. People think I overkill the stupid light blocking - but most of them haven’t had a 2x4 of autos on 20/4 with lights shining directly on a tent of photos in flower at 12/12 in the same garage using two AC units in Florida weather either. Try it. Bring home both tents and all the plants healthy and make good weed. Don’t let the photos hermie. Then talk to me.

My first grow back will be my final coco/chem nutes grow before I go organic. That will give my newly made LOS time to percolate. Since I’ve loved coco so much and it really will be my last full coco/nutes grow (I’ll continue to grow autos this way, but far fewer), I intend to go off. My farewell tribute to growing in coco full time. Big plants in big pots. Photos mostly. Various sponsored participation from some of our cool sponsors. Growing out the maiden offering from Dirty Bird Genetics and hopefully an epic Super Silver Haze (Arjan’s version), NASC sponsored. (Dirty Bird is NASC’s own seed line - they are breeders now too!) A new light that is still unopened in the box. Another that’s only been used for one grow. New tents galore. Six tents total with 3 5x5s. Coco top/water bottom plants. I intend it to be a full time job.

It will be the first time you will have seen me put everything I have into a coco/chem grow. All this other bullshit you’ve seen has been warm up.

So…sure my man. What do you got?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom