Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

My Next Pain in the Ass

One one of these scrog undercarriages I cleaned as I went along and plucked as required all the way through. On the other I let it go til now. Dumb. See what a PITA I now have to deal with? Lesson learned. Lazy sucks. But I am sometimes. Smh. Lol.
IMG_2622.jpeg

IMG_2621.jpeg

IMG_2618.jpeg

Here’s a much better picture showing how much I stripped out the smaller bud sites and kept the good ones on the clone when I cleared out the center today.

IMG_2623.jpeg

Here’s what I kept:

IMG_2624.jpeg

What they were fed and what kind of worm they are, right @Azimuth? Or are all the commercial EWC products made from the red wriggler things you talk about? (Sorry if I got the name wrong).
Probably right, but most of the commercial producers are using red wigglers as their main stock and then maybe adding say, European nightcrawlers, if their bins are deep enough. The red wiggles are mostly fed commercially available Worm Chow (I shit you not) and that stuff is mostly grains like alfalfa, etc.

Thanks Azi, hope your having a nice weekend.
I'm sure I told Jon enough times he remembers but.;)
Bokashi, frass & DYNOMYCO are the microbes and fungi I use in coco.
Remo's Nature's Candy is great for keeping them healthy and happy.
Great source of food for them.
No worm castings in coco, puts a strain on the true coco ph range.
Besides it's got nutrients, I just want the microbes.
I feed any nutrients required when required.
No need for extra in the pot, just causes issues down the rd. Imo.
Morning Jon.:ciao:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
The stuff works great cause I always see white fungus on the soil within 24 hours. CL🍀

That sativa spacing on the Strawberry Gorilla flowers! :green_heart:

Is that because you're moving lower RH air from the house into the tent?
Hi @InTheShed - I know, I like the SG spacing too! I’ve had too many tight, short colas lately. I don’t see this girl anywhere close to having those budlets all grow together - she will have maybe individual buds at those sights, that hopefully get golf ball sized or better. Like you say - sativa spacing. And if she’s anywhere close to her billing (which includes an actual
PDF of their test results at 29%+!), she should turn out great. Per using Remo by the book, not sure you can see how clean, green, and blemish free she is so far. But the whole plant is. Remo by the book, to this point, I’d have to say is performing very well. But now the rest we are actually concerned with pretty much begins, right? I’m already scared to go to 10s (ml) in a couple weeks. Lol.

On the moving air - sort of. I have the garage door closed as low as possible, open just enough to vent the AC on the 5x5. Then the door from the garage to the house gets opened in the daytime hours as much as possible with my crap sitting there. This both gives the AC heat exhaust on the small tent a space to vent to (the heat vents high cuz it’s lighter air), it also lets the cool air from the house in down low (heavier air). So I kinda have two heat exchanges going and by doing it as described there’s sort of a balance. The garage doesn’t get near as cool as the house this way, but it stays far from even 90 degrees. Which allows me to run the small tent mostly ambient. The door is mostly open, allowing the large oscillating fan to do its job. So the combination of all of that lowers my RH depending on the day as much as 10%, this that’s why I said that. It is way easier at night now when it’s mid 70s and a nice breeze hits the garage. Even at lights out both tents are ambient to some extent at night and the AC units go off.

Hopefully that sort of explains my crazy weird environment control situation, lol. Took me a few grows to get this room dialed in, and the season outside makes a gigantic difference. Right now is best case scenario.

Probably right, but most of the commercial producers are using red wigglers as their main stock and then maybe adding say, European nightcrawlers, if their bins are deep enough. The red wiggles are mostly fed commercially available Worm Chow (I shit you not) and that stuff is mostly grains like alfalfa, etc.
I shit you not. See what you did there. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi @InTheShed - I know, I like the SG spacing too! I’ve had too many tight, short colas lately. I don’t see this girl anywhere close to having those budlets all grow together - she will have maybe individual buds at those sights, that hopefully get golf ball sized or better. Like you say - sativa spacing. And if she’s anywhere close to her billing (which includes an actual
PDF of their test results at 29%+!), she should turn out great. Per using Remo by the book, not sure you can see how clean, green, and blemish free she is so far. But the whole plant is. Remo by the book, to this point, I’d have to say is performing very well. But now the rest we are actually concerned with pretty much begins, right? I’m already scared to go to 10s (ml) in a couple weeks. Lol.

On the moving air - sort of. I have the garage door closed as low as possible, open just enough to vent the AC on the 5x5. Then the door from the garage to the house gets opened in the daytime hours as much as possible with my crap sitting there. This both gives the AC heat exhaust on the small tent a space to vent to (the heat vents high cuz it’s lighter air), it also lets the cool air from the house in down low (heavier air). So I kinda have two heat exchanges going and by doing it as described there’s sort of a balance. The garage doesn’t get near as cool as the house this way, but it stays far from even 90 degrees. Which allows me to run the small tent mostly ambient. The door is mostly open, allowing the large oscillating fan to do its job. So the combination of all of that lowers my RH depending on the day as much as 10%, this that’s why I said that. It is way easier at night now when it’s mid 70s and a nice breeze hits the garage. Even at lights out both tents are ambient to some extent at night and the AC units go off.

Hopefully that sort of explains my crazy weird environment control situation, lol. Took me a few grows to get this room dialed in, and the season outside makes a gigantic difference. Right now is best case scenario.
For whatever reason, by running the AC by day but also having the tent doors opened, I guess the blend of the two airs allows me to end up in the right place.

OK I gotta ask. What's a Greg?

Edit: I see you removed the "Greg" lol. Typo I presume.
Yeah, I usually type high speed on the phone then go back and check before posting, but sometimes l get on a roll and just hit post reply. Greg. Lol. Nope, not cool slang. Straight up error.

Scrog Plant Power

Look how hard these girls are trying to escape the net. I can’t even call this piece of crap a screen. Note how they have created a giant bow as they push up. :rolleyes:

IMG_2625.jpeg

IMG_2627.jpeg

Ive been called Greg before. It does start with a Gee.
Lol. The Greg was supposed to be the word “grow.” Lol! Kinda hard to get your moniker wrong.

Hopefully that sort of explains my crazy weird environment control situation
It definitely explains your environmental controls, but I was confused when you said this:
I figure the moving air shaves maybe 10% off the RH, putting me effectively at around 50-55%
I'm not sure how you measure "effective" RH. Isn't the RH whatever it says on your hygrometer? Moving 65% RH air around with fans doesn't lower the humidity to a different "effective" number. That's why I asked if the fans were bringing in lower RH from outside the tent.

Back
Top Bottom