Jon's Final Florida Journal For Real

Thats a Beauty! He has very happy plants. Thats a lot of frost for what looks to be a fairly young plant. It will be loaded at harvest❤️
Ikr??? To me in terms of the lab and what you guys have taught me so far, this is an indication of healthy, dialed in soil, very high brix plants. Each of these has a customized flower mix, except the first time strains. So he has seven different soil mixes for flower now, and mostly in the form of his teas. He says his teas are his secret weapon and as much as he loves his soil mix, everyone he competes with is equally enamored with their own. Lol. Interestingly, I found out from Remo, who has numerous people from the competition circuit, and Yoda, who last year got invited to compete on the Oregon Organic Cannabis Cup (not the right name but something like that, he didn’t win), that almost all the strains that you and I know as cup winners, are grown with chemicals! The organics either never compete with them and use their own category or they never win. I was surprised at that.

@ViparSpectra Tent Scrog

Both going into flower and budlets now. The Cherry Pie is huge. If this plant was allowed to grow she’s a 5-6’ plant in coco, imho. Very leafy. Tons of production from a cola head, with significant offshoots and side branching. Thick stems.

IMG_2594.jpeg

Ikr??? To me in terms of the lab and what you guys have taught me so far, this is an indication of healthy, dialed in soil, very high brix plants. Each of these has a customized flower mix, except the first time strains. So he has seven different soil mixes for flower now, and mostly in the form of his teas. He says his teas are his secret weapon and as much as he loves his soil mix, everyone he competes with is equally enamored with their own. Lol. Interestingly, I found out from Remo, who has numerous people from the competition circuit, and Yoda, who last year got invited to compete on the Oregon Organic Cannabis Cup (not the right name but something like that, he didn’t win), that almost all the strains that you and I know as cup winners, are grown with chemicals! The organics either never compete with them and use their own category or they never win. I was surprised at that.
Its a numbers game. For every 100 or 1000 or 1 million synthetic growers there 1 or 2 organic growers.

But heres the thing. Every cup winner starts from a seed. Genetics win cups. Seed breeders prefer organics.

An average grower using top genetics will outgrow a stellar grower using shitty genetics at the Cup Judging level of criteria.

What winning really comes down to is good genetics in the hands of growers who actually know how a plant works.

Once you know how a plant works it doesn't matter if you use synthetics at a Cup. Steroids win body building championships. You are at an unnatural level in those competitions.

Organics is at a huge disadvantage. Organics doesn't understand unnatural.

So back to the egg. Seed breeders prefer organics. It allows maximum genetic expression.

Cup winners want to purposely flex that expression into a winner, and synthetics are about control, not quality.

Plus I would bet most judges are synthetic growers. Thats where endorsement money is at.

Oops, did I say that out loud?

Clone Leaves and a Question

Hey @Gee64, and anyone else who wishes to chime in, I have a question about the clone.

Here are some upper leaves and lower leaves photos. See how the uppers are all sweet as hell but the very bottoms are curled on the tips a little? This is not all the bottoms but maybe half of them.

In my opinion this is an indication of maybe a touch of Nitrogen toxicity. So that is my first question - is this what you guys see? If I’m right, it also appears to be a thing of the past, as it’s only in the leaves at the bottom. However, just in case, maybe it would be wise in a few days at flip/first full Bloom nute application to not include EWC at that time again and hold off a watering or two on that? Doesn’t EWC add N?

Here’s the leaves, I think you can see what I mean.
IMG_2595.jpeg
IMG_2596.jpeg

IMG_2598.jpeg

IMG_2597.jpeg

Its a numbers game. For every 100 or 1000 or 1 million synthetic growers there 1 or 2 organic growers.

But heres the thing. Every cup winner starts from a seed. Genetics win cups. Seed breeders prefer organics.

An average grower using top genetics will outgrow a stellar grower using shitty genetics at the Cup Judging level of criteria.

What winning really comes down to is good genetics in the hands of growers who actually know how a plant works.

Once you know how a plant works it doesn't matter if you use synthetics at a Cup. Steroids win body building championships. You are at an unnatural level in those competitions.

Organics is at a huge disadvantage. Organics doesn't understand unnatural.

So back to the egg. Seed breeders prefer organics. It allows maximum genetic expression.

Cup winners want to purposely flex that expression into a winner, and synthetics are about control, not quality.

Plus I would bet most judges are synthetic growers. Thats where endorsement money is at.

Oops, did I say that out loud?
Lol! Thanks! You sure did. Lmao!

Clone Leaves and a Question

Hey @Gee64, and anyone else who wishes to chime in, I have a question about the clone.

Here are some upper leaves and lower leaves photos. See how the uppers are all sweet as hell but the very bottoms are curled on the tips a little? This is not all the bottoms but maybe half of them.

In my opinion this is an indication of maybe a touch of Nitrogen toxicity. So that is my first question - is this what you guys see? If I’m right, it also appears to be a thing of the past, as it’s only in the leaves at the bottom. However, just in case, maybe it would be wise in a few days at flip/first full Bloom nute application to not include EWC at that time again and hold off a watering or two on that? Doesn’t EWC add N?

Here’s the leaves, I think you can see what I mean.
IMG_2595.jpeg
IMG_2596.jpeg

IMG_2598.jpeg

IMG_2597.jpeg
Hey Jon yes that does look like a nitrogen toxicity from what i know ( which is not much as i've been lucky so far ) EWC ? earth worm castings ? from what i know worm castings do have nitrogen but from what i've learned it is pretty low, sorry i couldn't be of more help on what to do but as you say its on the bottoms only so was fairly early in the beginning

Hey Jon yes that does look like a nitrogen toxicity from what i know ( which is not much as i've been lucky so far ) EWC ? earth worm castings ? from what i know worm castings do have nitrogen but from what i've learned it is pretty low, sorry i couldn't be of more help on what to do but as you say its on the bottoms only so was fairly early in the beginning
Thanks @con, and I appreciate all commentary. You’d be surprised where you find wisdom sometimes. I’m not ten years ahead of you or anything, and am pretty much as uncertain as you, lol. But I *think* we are correct in this case. Maybe an old head will chime in. Lmao.

Thanks @con, and I appreciate all commentary. You’d be surprised where you find wisdom sometimes. I’m not ten years ahead of you or anything, and am pretty much as uncertain as you, lol. But I *think* we are correct in this case. Maybe an old head will chime in. Lmao.
Thanks Jon a question for you i've been trying to figure out for a while how do you get the @con up there i can only get

Jon can't figure out the @ part, Lol! never mind i just did it now to celebrate with a puff LOL​

Thanks Jon a question for you i've been trying to figure out for a while how do you get the @con up there i can only get

Jon can't figure out the @ part, Lol! never mind i just did it now to celebrate with a puff LOL​

Congratulations!! Stick around @con - you’ll learn all the secrets.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bubblegum Sherbet
Skywalker
Final Training

We are basically done with both these girls. Colas as spaced out as I can do, even canopies, not too many tops. I’m going to negate side branching as we go and flower the colas you see only on both plants. I removed what was below. That ought to give us some serious colas. Fun fun!

Here are the girls, BS first, Sky second. Last shot is a first node I removed from the Skywalker. It hurt. Interesting to note that only the dominant first node branch made the canopy. Loving their color now. The Skywalker seems to have greened up a little since starting the EWC.

IMG_2605.jpeg

IMG_2604.jpeg

IMG_2606.jpeg

Worm castings are more about the microbes than they are about NPK. I saw one commercial guy advertising his stuff as 1-0-0. I'd imagine that depends on what they were fed though.
What they were fed and what kind of worm they are, right @Azimuth? Or are all the commercial EWC products made from the red wriggler things you talk about? (Sorry if I got the name wrong).

Garden
Plant Positioning and Canopy

Even the best LEDs on earth, regardless of the evenness of their coverage, have drop offs on the edges and corners. It’s just a fact of LED life. Not a big concern, but why not have your plants as squarely as possible in the light’s sweet spot? If you have the space it only makes sense. So when I do, like in this grow, I locate the plants for flower as “in the middle” as possible. Obviously while keeping space in between.

So here’s two shots, one showing our canopy across three plants, primed to work as one for a few days (lol), and then a shot to show you the plant positioning relative to the light. The girls are looking pretty happy. They look ready for flower and the flip on Saturday.

IMG_2607.jpeg

IMG_2608.jpeg

@ViparSpectra Tent Scrog
Cherry Pie
Double Grape
Fan Game

Here’s a shot of my fan game for the scrog. You see three fans, one from above, one from below, and the big boy oscillating fan, pulled pretty far back from the open tent door. The big boy blows evenly right across the top of the canopy. Doing this ambient with no AC (thanks @Keffka and @Gee64) I’m between 84 and 90 now. More fan is a must so I added the one from below.

IMG_2609.jpeg

@ViparSpectra Tent Scrog
Cherry Pie
Double Grape
Fan Game

Here’s a shot of my fan game for the scrog. You see three fans, one from above, one from below, and the big boy oscillating fan, pulled pretty far back from the open tent door. The big boy blows evenly right across the top of the canopy. Doing this ambient with no AC (thanks @Keffka and @Gee64) I’m between 84 and 90 now. More fan is a must so I added the one from below.

IMG_2609.jpeg
lol thats a big jump. Keep an eye on your RH.

You Floridians are spoiled🤣

lol thats a big jump. Keep an eye on your RH.

You Floridians are spoiled🤣
Not as big as you think. The overhead and big boy fan have been in play since day one. All I really added was the below one, and it’s small and light blow. I’m much closer to Vpd at higher temp and higher RH, so I’m compensating with more moving air.

Not as big as you think. The overhead and big boy fan have been in play since day one. All I really added was the below one, and it’s small and light blow. I’m much closer to Vpd at higher temp and higher RH, so I’m compensating with more moving air.
It ends up that now for most of the day the readings are about 86-88 degrees and about 60-65% RH. I figure the moving air shaves maybe 10% off the RH, putting me effectively at around 50-55%, which is where I want to be right now for early flower.

420h Closet
Strawberry Gorilla
Blackberry Moonrocks

Here’s a couple shots to show you how the Strawberry Gorilla is stacking, and a shot of the Blackberry Moonrocks (100% untrained and untopped) to show how little her central cola is rising above the other branches.

IMG_2615.jpeg

IMG_2616.jpeg

IMG_2617.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom