Jon705's First Attempt at Organic SuperSoil Featuring TopLED's New COB LED Panel

just drop it people, so no more,

its jons grow journal, this is what happens on other sites but not on this site.
so leave it and move on.

@Jon, sounds like ss seems to be doing real well then, maybe one of the sponsors will jump on it and produce it in bag form thats ready to use out the bag, i know it would get me thinking about buying it, i dont have a garden so would have to mix it up at a family members house which means transporting it around.
im sure its only a matter of time before its out in bags ready to use, but then i guess it all depends on how long it can be stored for or if it would re-activate after storage by watering it and letting it sit for a couple of days before planting into it.

id love to mix a batch up but id have to wait till spring now as it wouldnt do well over the winter, its certainly something id like to try and see the results,

none taken bro, I never claimed to have the perfect enviroment for testing lights, I just know how to grow dank with them., and alot of people here seem to like my journals. I ve been thinking about what you said earlier and it would be pretty easy for me to hang some panda film in between each row of lights leaving just the ends open for airflow, this would eliminate almost all of the light, I would just have to pick up some more wall fans to have airflow inbetween each "tent".one zone would be 3 plants under the 2 hps at the back of the room, then 3 plants under the 2 240 x 5w TopLed panels then 6 under my 4 panels, I could even split them up into 2 zones to eliminate any overlapping. we'll see what happens when the lights get here and we'll see how far Sara wants to go with this:)

Jon,

Thanks! I have read your journals and KNOW you can grow some dank meds. I also know that it is "work" to document and share these grows with the rest of us. We do appreciate your time and labor. Keep it Green

WD

Not every test has to be performed per Consumer Reports this is a MMJ forum.... The way John is planning to set it up would for sure tell us if it'll grow cannabis or not. I don't think the makers of this test are looking to perform some sort of scientific process. He was asking to show the difference between his other 2 lighting sources and what grew the best of the 3. I don't think he should have to isolate each light, change his room just to appease a test. Askin a bit much IMO.

Point taken but you stated "tell us if it'll grow MMJ and to show the difference between the two lights". I can grow using incandescent light bulbs "how well the plants do is a different story. I simply made an observation and expressed those observation. My intention was not to bash or tell anyone how to grow. I have the deepest respect for Jon and appreciate him taking the time out of his scheduled to have a journal and share it with the community.

WD

COB UPDATE
DAY 21 FROM THE FLIP
TEMPS 75 DAYTIME 68 NIGHTIME
RH 40-45%
CO2 1200-1500PPM'S

Well..other than being half the size this Timewreck is doing great, the node spacing is really tight with the COB plant compared to the hps and Area 51 plants, this could be because its a different pheno but we wont know that for sure until next round when I try that pheno out in the big room. I ve never seen a plant stretch as much as these other 2, they have easily trippled in height if not a little more, the node spacing is much further apart than the COB plant, at first I was thinking the lights were to far away but the plant thats under the 1000's is right in the middle of all 3 hps and they are 2 feet away, that plants is not lacking for light that is for sure.
The plant on the right is from under the area 51 panels and the one on the left is the COB, see the difference in the node spacing.
12030.JPG

COB timewreck
111004.JPG

12370.JPG
13268.JPG

these are the 2 in the big room, one under hps one under led, they are pretty much identical
8473.JPG

This one pheno is growing little nugs out of the fan leaves! I ve never seen this before..
7603.JPG

a couple little nug shots of the timewreck
5798.JPG

6705.JPG

Thats about it for now, we wont really know how well this light works until next round when I try the same pheno under the big lights but so far other than the size difference that plant is perfectly healthy and flowering nicely:peace:

FLOWER ROOM UPDATE
DAY 21 FROM THE FLIP(DAY 14 OF FLOWER, I COUNT 7 DAYS FOR TRANSITION)
TEMPS 75 DAYTIME 68 NIGHTIME
RH 40-45%
CO2 1200-1500PPM

I finished lollypopping them 2 days ago and it doesnt seem to have slowed them down at all, if anything they are happier now that they can breath a bit lol...all the big girls have gotten full strength 7 feedings in a row and they dont have any burn at all, I guess the bigger they are the more nutes they can handle, theres really not much else to report at this time, they are all super healthy and doing they're thing:)
31371.JPG
32140.JPG
33145.JPG
38126.JPG
36125.JPG
37128.JPG
35132.JPG
18176.JPG
15208.JPG
16203.JPG
17189.JPG
14244.JPG
19162.JPG
20137.JPG
28135.JPG
29137.JPG
21545.JPG

34137.JPG
30101.JPG
26143.JPG
25145.JPG
28135.JPG
29137.JPG
27140.JPG

hope you enjoy the pics, im off to go play in the dirt again lol...this job is finally almost done:)

I forgot a couple pics,
this is the Chemo Kush miracle seed that made it through my boys grinder.
40100.JPG

and the 4 timewreck that will be starting the perpetual cycle next round, theres 4 Jack in the dome for the second of 3 zones that are 3 weeks behind the timewrecks and I take 4 more clones from the timewrecks as soon as they can take it for the 3rd zone.
41135.JPG

they have already been topped once, in a week they will get moved to the 4 x 4 tray and get transplanted into 3 gallon pots with a bit of ss for another 3 weeks veg and then they go into the 10 gallon pots with alot of supersoil for the final 3 weeks of veg:)

plants look great, that bud on the leaf is pretty cool, are a few of the leaves doing that?

would it be possible to mix up super soil in my spare room and if i got one of them bins and made sure it had a lid that sealed well then do you think that would be a good option or would it need to be outdoors because of smell or to aid with microbe growth, its just to cold outdoors now to even consider doing it outdoors, failing that ill have to wait till spring and mix a big batch up at a family members house where i can use the garden

plants look great, that bud on the leaf is pretty cool, are a few of the leaves doing that?

would it be possible to mix up super soil in my spare room and if i got one of them bins and made sure it had a lid that sealed well then do you think that would be a good option or would it need to be outdoors because of smell or to aid with microbe growth, its just to cold outdoors now to even consider doing it outdoors, failing that ill have to wait till spring and mix a big batch up at a family members house where i can use the garden
Sure why not? thats how im doing my next batch, gonna mix it on a tarp in the flower room then put it in garbage cans indoors to cook.

yea it looks really good bro, it looks like a different pheno from the other 2 but then again I keep hearing ppl saying that led's means less stretch, I havent seen that with my lights so maybe it has something to do with the missing spectrums, I ll find out next round when that pheno is in the big room:)
I hearing so many different reviews & variables with these LED's. Great Vid.
:welldone:

Back
Top Bottom