James Bong's First Grow

Well spotted flipside. 5.5-6.5 is the useful range. Most of us stick to 5.7-6.3 to play it safe. You are right, 5.7 would be better for now. Shouldnt get any dramas at 6 though as long as it doesnt go up any. Its on the tilting point.

Ok so he’s not far off, thanks for clearing that up barney! I owe you one!

@Barney86 @Backlipslide to be more specific I’m not using a digital meter, it’s on the list along with a tds meter.
I’m using a General Hydroponic ph kit with the color chart so I’m mainly in the 6.0 range but definitely below 6.5 and over 5.5.

The kit your talking about, works fine, as long as your not colour blind lol. I started out with that, I found it was so hard to get it exactly where I needed it. The wife bought me a digital ph tester for my birthday last year, and it has been a small slice of heaven not having to try match colours. :yahoo:

The kit your talking about, works fine, as long as your not colour blind lol. I started out with that, I found it was so hard to get it exactly where I needed it. The wife bought me a digital ph tester for my birthday last year, and it has been a small slice of heaven not having to try match colours. :yahoo:
I'm pretty colour blind. Very annoying trait when you grow green lol. Get used to it though.

I need to get one, dip and read would be a TON faster then the color method

I'm pretty colour blind. Very annoying trait when you grow green lol. Get used to it though.

My best friend is colour blind! I also work with him and I’ll tell him to go get my yellow snips from my job box, comes back with the greens. Lmao
I could absolutely see how it could get annoying, but like you said, you get used to it.:high-five:

I need to get one, dip and read would be a TON faster then the color method

It is absolutely easy peasey! I love me an easy task! Just need to make sure you get a good one that reads to the .00 marks and make sure it’s a higher quality one, as you won’t have to calibrate it as often.

My best friend is colour blind! I also work with him and I’ll tell him to go get my yellow snips from my job box, comes back with the greens. Lmao
I could absolutely see how it could get annoying, but like you said, you get used to it.:high-five:

It is absolutely easy peasey! I love me an easy task! Just need to make sure you get a good one that reads to the .00 marks and make sure it’s a higher quality one, as you won’t have to calibrate it as often.
That’s exactly why I haven’t bought one yet, the kit I about bought had a lot of hit and miss reviews so figured I’d save a little more.
Buy once cry once

That’s exactly why I haven’t bought one yet, the kit I about bought had a lot of hit and miss reviews so figured I’d save a little more.
Buy once cry once
I'm pretty sure most of us would agree that bluelab are the most recommended pH meters. There's plenty others that are just as good though.
Mine is from essentials. Was only £45 and it's went off by 0.2 after nearly 2 years of use. Never calibrated.
The cheap ones on Amazon are useless but the £10 ppm meters are pretty good. My cheapo ppm lasted nearly 4 years and the batery died before it went even a digit off.

Snips? You a sparky? Not have to pass a colour blind test for that lol

Snips? You a sparky? Not have to pass a colour blind test for that lol

Haha that’s almost insulting! I’m an interior system mechanic. (Is my technical term) I frame with steel studs, heavy duty exterior studs, interior studs, drywall, insulation, mud and taping, t-bar I do it all! :thumb:

I always say when I describe my job, when I’m in the bar picking up a girl, I’m an interior system mechanic, when her boy friend shows up, I’m a drywaller. :laugh:

Nice grow. Your seedlings and clones should end up on par once they hit veg. Good timing on that because that can make things a little more difficult when they have weeks between one another in growth.

Haha that’s almost insulting! I’m an interior system mechanic. (Is my technical term) I frame with steel studs, heavy duty exterior studs, interior studs, drywall, insulation, mud and taping, t-bar I do it all! :thumb:

I always say when I describe my job, when I’m in the bar picking up a girl, I’m an interior system mechanic, when her boy friend shows up, I’m a drywaller. :laugh:
Don't worry bout it mate. Im a "demolitions operator" but I'm technically just a very well paid labourer.
No tickets really, just know how to do things so get better cash and get to call myself a d/o lol.

Nice grow. Your seedlings and clones should end up on par once they hit veg. Good timing on that because that can make things a little more difficult when they have weeks between one another in growth.
Thank you, Everytime I check on them I’m hoping to open up the tent to a pound of perfectly grown buds. Hasn’t happened yet :laugh:

Yeah sorry James. I'm the world's worst for it. Just go off on a tangent lol.
Not hurting my feelings none, not like I have much to share at the moment

Not hurting my feelings none, not like I have much to share at the moment
Ach it's a really annoying habbit mate. Winds a lot of people up. Occupational hazard of a social media platform full of stoners though . Can't expect us to remember where we are all the time lol.

Back
Top Bottom