Is This Your Homework Larry? Seedsman Skunk #1 In Soil

that music was amazing pitty it ended so fast ( the clip) it had that dark enigmatic chill that i like also with the bubbler sound and all it was really captivating ... you using freeware to make that music or you use bought software ?? ive been also wanting to have a try on some musicmaking with a simple program ... hence my question ... :)

Thanks man! It’s a bit green but you can hear the potential. I have already finished my next project. Just working on getting some images together for a post.

I can already see what to improve on that first song, but I dig that vibe too.

As far as the software, I am using Logic Pro X, the bigger better version of garage band. It’s pretty incredible. I have two other song ideas taking shape and also found a sound pack for west coast hip hop (bass loops, piano samples, etc). I paid about $300 for it the Logic Pro. However my kids do visuals and stuff for music shows and festivals, and they mentioned there are some free programs that do ok.

It’s pretty cool and a major time suck for me right now. But so much fun.

I should have my next video done by the end of the weekend.

Ok, I have really been putting too much work into getting up to speed with this stuff, but here we go with a bit of a video update. A stronger video in terms of editing and I think a more well rounded song creation too. I hope you dig it, I had fun getting blazed and working on it.

Things are moving along. Seedlings doing good, picked up some smaller pots to better suit the size of the seedlings for now, and transplanted them all. The other day two seedlings were not looking good. For some reason I thought it was the Kush, so I dropped two more Kush. Turns out they were Gods AK 47 that didn't survive lol. SO I am low on the potential variety this round. BUT will have plenty of Kush to go around lol.

Thought I saw a lady bug then I realized you added the flag to your ©

Nice twin shot!
Yeah got a bit fancier with the watermark. New program and had to make a new one anyway.

That liberty haze is a beaut, makes me wish I could have veg’d it longer, it might give me an 1/8 or 1/4 ounce lol.

ye thats him lol ...

btw i installed LMMS but it baffles me i cant even get something that remotely sounds like some music out of it
Yeah it’s a bit of a process lol. I have to google videos of certain tasks I want to perform. Maybe that would help.

I spent all of Saturday cutting up pieces of songs. Acoustic, slide guitar solos, classic rock, and anything funky.

Currently working on a project using John Fogerty’s song Searchlight. Trying to build a sample, so far with just chopped pieces of the song, then build some kind of beat around it. It’s pretty fun. Puff puff, play, puff puff, play lol. Although, I am back to my regular job working Monday to Friday so i gotta wait until the evening to work on it.

Opportunity. Everything is an opportunity. Not always the kind we want but, if you look carefully, every situation is an opportunity.

I have a bit of an issue with anger, particularly with stupid people or decisions, and managing my personality due to that quirk can be challenging. Recently I had an opportunity to exercise calm, restraint, and understanding.

Let’s detail this opportunity. Ask yourself where in this story you would snapshow.

So. Tax time. I went and did my taxes and got a pretty solid return. Decent enough that I could buy myself something nice and still pay some bills.

So I purchased a brand new MacBook Pro, 15” and a peppy engine under the hood. $3,700 after taxes. I even signed up for Geek Squad protection, which includes bit defender, and a service plan. Part of that includes the set up of the laptop and removal of bloatware. Looking at the form, it also included a whole check list of things to inspect.

Ok. Laptop purchased, service protection, and all that’s left is to pick it up. “Should be ready tomorrow morning”. I go around 1pm because that’s what my morning looks like. It’s not ready. “My program crapped out last night”. Should be ready by the end of the day. Go back at the end of the day and pick her up.

Take it home. Plug it in. Download Logic Pro X (fuck copyright, I will make my own music) and Affinity Photo. Play around with those programs for a few hours before I go to bed.

Wake up. Eventually grab the laptop to work on some stuff. Unplug it and poof, it dies. I do some checking and searching. I happen to have a laptop with a dud for a battery. Gotta return it. You would think the Geek Squad would have caught that battery issue, if they had followed their checklist, but no.

Once again, I make another trip to the store, have to return the laptop and order another. Or purchase another while my original gets fixed. No. I will go without a laptop for two weeks. They ordered me a new laptop and were supposed to swap my software and any data I had.

Fast forward to last night. Laptop was delivered to the store early yesterday morning. They called me and said they will phone me when it’s ready. Got the call. Picked it up. Took it home. They failed to swap my software and data. Ugh.

It’s 10pm. Store is closed. Get online help. Long story short, after a message chat with Apple they gave me a service phone number. Call it and service hours are over lol. Had to call this morning. After 30 minutes we finally get the software downloading on the new Mac. Ugh

This whole time I was calm. Cool. Pissed off but kept my shit together. Dealt with online support, phone support, useless store staff, and didnt even raise my voice. This is an accomplishment for me lol.

“The problem isn’t the problem. Your attitude about the problem is the problem”
Yeah I don't do well with incompetence in general. I don't have nearly that long of a fuse...mine goes off fairly soon.

We get our meats from a meat service. They run in 6 month cycles with a mid cycle review/swap out. So the company calls me to set up an appointment....which I make with them. A week later, the night before the the appointment, they call to cancel saying the rep can't make it. We schedule another and one and boom the same thing. So he starts again and just do what I do LOL. "Hold on...let me just stop you there. This shit ain't working. You asked me twice what works for us and I told and both times your guy cancelled. When you can get your shit together....and tell me when your freaking guy can make it out here, you can check and see if that works for us. But I am not going to keep scheduling time out of my schedule just so you can keep jerking me off and no showing."

They guy didn't really know what to say...he started to rebut and I caught him mid sentence with "Did you not just hear me? Look man, my time is valuable to me. Figure out when YOUR guy can make it and let me know and I will see if it will work for us. Either that or get another guy that can get his shit together. And better yet...why am I talking to you if you aren't the one thats coming out here. Why don't you have him call me and we figure this shit out."

He ended the conversation kind of just stammering.

I don't know man....I guess I am kind of an ass, but I just HATE incompetence and wasting people's time, more specifically mine. I mean I don't think I was mean to him....but I think its just really unprofessional of them. Get your shit together....and don't ask me to sacrifice my weekend so your guy can fit me in.

Yeah I don't do well with incompetence in general. I don't have nearly that long of a fuse...mine goes off fairly soon.

We get our meats from a meat service. They run in 6 month cycles with a mid cycle review/swap out. So the company calls me to set up an appointment....which I make with them. A week later, the night before the the appointment, they call to cancel saying the rep can't make it. We schedule another and one and boom the same thing. So he starts again and just do what I do LOL. "Hold on...let me just stop you there. This shit ain't working. You asked me twice what works for us and I told and both times your guy cancelled. When you can get your shit together....and tell me when your freaking guy can make it out here, you can check and see if that works for us. But I am not going to keep scheduling time out of my schedule just so you can keep jerking me off and no showing."

They guy didn't really know what to say...he started to rebut and I caught him mid sentence with "Did you not just hear me? Look man, my time is valuable to me. Figure out when YOUR guy can make it and let me know and I will see if it will work for us. Either that or get another guy that can get his shit together. And better yet...why am I talking to you if you aren't the one thats coming out here. Why don't you have him call me and we figure this shit out."

He ended the conversation kind of just stammering.

I don't know man....I guess I am kind of an ass, but I just HATE incompetence and wasting people's time, more specifically mine. I mean I don't think I was mean to him....but I think its just really unprofessional of them. Get your shit together....and don't ask me to sacrifice my weekend so your guy can fit me in.
That is my usual method lol. I am very blunt and opinionated. Very reserved here on 420 and catch myself most times before it leaks out.

So, “I’m tryin reeeeal hard Ringo” in my best Samuel L. Jackson voice. “To be the shepherd”.

Especially now that I am a grandpa lol.

OK I have been seriously neglecting the title genetics (Skunk 1) for this thread, but its also entirely my fault for fucking the plant up in the first place, so I am not happy with showing off a sponsors genetics when I stunted it. BUT.

It is a beautiful plant. The buds that are there are dense and bending stalks. Probably around 8 or so decent buds with a few larger ones. Wont speculate on the quantity, won't matter, probably giving it away for medicine. Some folks close to me can use the heavier indica and its pain relieving / sleep inducing effects. Might keep a small taste for the same reasons.

The iPhone pics don't do it justice, and we will have to wait until the grow is over to get some quality shots in proper light, but its got a gorgeous dark green and purple tinge to it.

I am using straight water now too, starting last week, not that I have to worry about a flush. But this is going to be some sweet sweet smoke.

I have been meaning to post a shot of my natural defoliation that occurs during flower. All I have to do is lightly tug the leaf and it falls. If it doesn't fall its not done. Right now I am mostly just doing it with the Crown Royale as its in the front of the tent.

This is just the CR for the last few days to a week.

This handful is from all three plants about a month ago.

That is my usual method lol. I am very blunt and opinionated. Very reserved here on 420 and catch myself most times before it leaks out.

So, “I’m tryin reeeeal hard Ringo” in my best Samuel L. Jackson voice. “To be the shepherd”.

Especially now that I am a grandpa lol.
Grandpa!? Damnnn Urb :laugh: had no idea, had to give ya a hard time!

Back
Top Bottom