InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

First of two Sunday updates and a happy 12/12 day (1st day of Fall to those north of the equator, Spring to those below the belt-line)!

Before I could harvest the PGC yesterday, I had to cut the CapJunky off the lines after a week. When I did that I had to give them a second trim because the sugar leaves definitely were not dry enough to snap off. After a quick post-hang trim:

I bagged them up for burping:

Except for the ones I had pollinated with Candida pollen early in flower:

It took some digging, but here's what I ended up with:

I think that's around 35 viable seeds, with the rest either pale or deformed. They're sitting in a jar with the lid off to dry.

And the RH in the bags of buds was too high, so I dumped them in a box with a mini dehumidifier:

Before I go to sleep I'll bag them up again and see how they are in the morning.

That's the CJ update, and here's the PGC harvest... ↓↓↓↓
awesome job.

Sunday harvest update!

Saturday was chop day for the Purple Ghost Candy (flip day 78 after 73 days in veg), so let's take a final look at that:

Here it is after I pulled off the pipe cleaners, with a bit of flop:

I washed the flowers in plain warm tap water:

And here are the bones:

After another round of solo trimming (during the very close Michigan/USC game...go BLUE!), I hung them in the box to dry:

I did my normal trim so that I don't have to mess with a second trim next weekend. :)

The ambient RH has been in the upper 60s today so the fan remains on continuously, and I'll play it by ear for the rest of the week.

That leaves me with The Wizard auto (still) and a Candida mother (which I really need to take cuttings from to start again). I'll get some pics of those later this week.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope your day of 12/12 was equally fun and relaxing. 🏖️

Quotes:

Thank you Captain! I do hope it gets someone high. 🤞

The RH by me is usually higher than 62%, so most of the time it's the dehuey I'm digging around for.

:thanks: for all the anniversary wishes. I passed them along to the missus and she says thanks as well!
:drool:

And nowhere in nature does the soil suddenly lose its nitrogen in the fall (or any elements for that matter), so there's no reason to assume that decreasing nitrogen is anything the plants expect or want to happen. All the colors that come from flushing at the end or withholding specific elements are just the plant eating itself as it's trying to make it to harvest. I feed until chop since the plant is still "growing," and LOS growers (who always claim to have the finest of weed ;) ) obviously do as well.

I do use a calculator to figure out what's in my nute mix, and 160ppm of N would be considered high by the standards of those who claim that cutting N is a better idea. Not by me though as that's about where I max out nitrogen in flower.
Shed, so why do your plants sometimes have so many yellow leaves at the end?

Thanks Shed ,if I remember right you will probably have to answer that one yourself GDB . 🍂
Yeah, I think I've heard him say before that he's not sure why. Prolly has something to do with listening to MrSauga.

Final harvest update of the 2024 Summer grow! And for the big finale, more pictures of a tiny plant than it deserves. :)

Yesterday (Tuesday) was day 94 above ground for The Wizard auto. It got off to a slow start and remained at that pace through the entire grow. I topped it when it first went into flower, to no avail.

Here it was on Tuesday morning:

It had completely stopped drinking so I prepped it for washing:

Ready to dunk:

And drip dry:

The 2 minute trim, which included about a dime's-sized area of bud rot (moisture related because of how tightly the buds were packed):

I cut the three lowest buds off the stems and split the top ones apart so they could hang dry:

I hung the split ones on the lowest line in the box (with the Purple Ghost Candy) and put the loose ones on the bottom.

As promised, here are the roots:

They're all off to one side for some reason:

And that wraps up the Summer grow. I really appreciate you all hanging around for the ride, and I hope you'll continue to be here during the quieter fall and winter happenings. As I mentioned to Professor Flora, I'll be trying to germinate some 30 year old Afghani reg seeds using ethylene from rotting fruit. We'll see!

:thanks: for sticking around.

Quotes:
I have absolutely no idea. I have tried adjusting their feeding over the years, tested the pH of the soil, changed up how I handle pests and PM, but I've been unable to get my plants to hang onto their lowers after stretch.

The only thing I haven't tried is not schlepping them.
Thanks Shed ,if I remember right you will probably have to answer that one yourself GDB .
Indeed!
Yeah, I think I've heard him say before that he's not sure why. Prolly has something to do with listening to MrSauga.
Har! I would love to blame MrS, but it happened even when I ran Rx Blend nutes by their instructions. However, those plants were not grown my standard way (one in a SWICK-ish, one in SIP that got replanted into a cloth pot). I still have one set of Rx Blend nutes left so I'll run that next summer to see if anything changes.

Final harvest update of the 2024 Summer grow! And for the big finale, more pictures of a tiny plant than it deserves. :)

Yesterday (Tuesday) was day 94 above ground for The Wizard auto. It got off to a slow start and remained at that pace through the entire grow. I topped it when it first went into flower, to no avail.

Ready to dunk:

And drip dry:

The 2 minute trim, which included about a dime's-sized area of bud rot (moisture related because of how tightly the buds were packed):

I cut the three lowest buds off the stems and split the top ones apart so they could hang dry:

I hung the split ones on the lowest line in the box (with the Purple Ghost Candy) and put the loose ones on the bottom.

And that wraps up the Summer grow. I really appreciate you all hanging around for the ride, and I hope you'll continue to be here during the quieter fall and winter happenings. As I mentioned to Professor Flora, I'll be trying to germinate some 30 year old Afghani reg seeds using ethylene from rotting fruit. We'll see!

Quotes:

I have absolutely no idea. I have tried adjusting their feeding over the years, tested the pH of the soil, changed up how I handle pests and PM, but I've been unable to get my plants to hang onto their lowers after stretch.

Indeed!

Har! I would love to blame MrS, but it happened even when I ran Rx Blend nutes by their instructions. However, those plants were not grown my standard way (one in a SWICK-ish, one in SIP that got replanted into a cloth pot). I still have one set of Rx Blend nutes left so I'll run that next summer to see if anything changes.
congrats on the final chop sweet looking bud & nice quick trim can't wait for the winter projects

Ha! That little cutie had her own ladybug!

She's gonna' be fire, I just know it! :ganjamon:

Me thinks as it should be, never have I ever chopped a green plant thank goodness :)

Ready to dunk:

And drip dry:

Quotes:

Indeed!

The fastest trim job ever!

Congrats on your final harvest Shed.
Thank you Carmen!
Sweet little plant!! I like the color of the nuggets!! Happy Thursday!!
It is a nice mix of green and purple. Thanks, and happy Friday Scottay!
Wizard was a beast!
Good job, Shedaux
(I know you don't smoke, neither do I but we can pretend)
LOL thank you Professor!
Me thinks as it should be, never have I ever chopped a green plant thank goodness
I'd like to see if it's possible though. ;)
Congrats on another end to the Summer grow ! That bud looks good , if your family really really Really Like that weed your going to have to grow alot more next summer maybe 20 or so Enjoyed the grows ! Thanks for having me along
:laugh: Thanks sb, and if it's really special I'll plant 20 in a 10 gallon pot!
The fastest trim job ever!
No doubt about it, though I wouldn't have minded it taking a bit longer!

Thank you Carmen!

It is a nice mix of green and purple. Thanks, and happy Friday Scottay!

LOL thank you Professor!

I'd like to see if it's possible though. ;)

:laugh: Thanks sb, and if it's really special I'll plant 20 in a 10 gallon pot!

No doubt about it, though I wouldn't have minded it taking a bit longer!
And a happy Friday to you Shedster!! Any good weekend plans buddy? 😎✌️

Back
Top Bottom