InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Wednesday update and Ruby Tuesday auto's topping is complete (day 20)!

That was as much of a stump as I could get, and I left all 5 nodes for now. If the first node lags I'll take it off, but if they're long enough I can push them up to the canopy as well. Now I wait for it to not go into flower. :nervous-guy:

I didn't have time to upcan the Queen G auto, but maybe tomorrow I won't sleep through my alarm. :rolleyes:

Carry on with what you were doing, and thanks for all your input!

Quote:
I top above the 4th node as soon as I can. She looks great for 19 days.
Thanks LKA! I ended up with 5 so we'll see. :thumb:

Wednesday update and Ruby Tuesday auto's topping is complete (day 20)!

That was as much of a stump as I could get, and I left all 5 nodes for now. If the first node lags I'll take it off, but if they're long enough I can push them up to the canopy as well. Now I wait for it to not go into flower. :nervous-guy:

I didn't have time to upcan the Queen G auto, but maybe tomorrow I won't sleep through my alarm. :rolleyes:

Carry on with what you were doing, and thanks for all your input!

Quote:

Thanks LKA! I ended up with 5 so we'll see. :thumb:
We topped our autos on the same day! Really lmao 🤣

20231205_192506.jpg

20231205_192524.jpg

20231205_192557.jpg

20231205_192549.jpg

don't grow any in solo cups or abandoned SIPs!
Abandoned SIP! How very dare you! That was custom built for her. Thinking about up potting the other two to the giant SIP - probably too late now though. They’re well into flower after a month.

For those who still believe you can flush nutrients from the buds before harvest, yet another article, summarizing a research paper linked below this one:

The link to the original research on the bottom of the page is broken. Here is the original research paper. The information on flushing starts on page 51, and the bar graph of the nutrient breakdown in the dried flower starts on page 71.

There was NO statistical difference in the nutrient levels in the buds after two weeks of flushing IN HYDRO! You read that correctly: in a 100% nutrient-free environment for two weeks before harvest, the dried buds had the same levels of N, S, P, K, Mg, and Ca as the buds that were fed.

So, let's review...you cannot flush nutes from your buds by feeding only water before harvest.

To be fair, the study did not find a statistically significant loss in mass or THC due to flushing, so @TheMadDabber's money-saving reason holds.

The upshot? Flush if you want to, but please stop telling people it's to rid the buds of the "nute taste."

Thanks for reading, and please don't argue the point if you don't have linked scientific studies that contradict these results. Now let's move on to other things.
Thanks for getting everyone straight Shed.
It has been proven there is no difference in weight, taste, or thc content in Hydro applications. Agreed.

I currently grow in a Soil based medium.. I flush for the build up of excess salts that can reduce the uptake of water and cause nutrient lockout.😎

I believe the noted breakdown of chlorophyll can be somewhat appealing also. However this experiment stated the opposite. :Namaste:

Abandoned SIP! How very dare you! That was custom built for her. Thinking about up potting the other two to the giant SIP - probably too late now though. They’re well into flower after a month.
lmao @how very dare you :rofl: One can be forgiven. Those autos hardly get any exposure at all. They need more tlc is my feeling. Sure they'll grow all spindly like but you want them fat right. You do have a lot going on :cheer:

I wanted to start today by letting everyone know that our own @newty has been voted Canada's Top Grower 2023!

1701975237647.jpeg

You can read her interview here, and she mentions her participation at @420Magazine :) :

For those who never had a chance to know her, she was a highly valued source of growing and training information here as well as being incredibly interested in learning from others. Before she left the site she had quit her long-term job as a social worker and was taking in-person cannabis cultivation classes (and posting some of her lessons here). She has obviously made incredible use of all she has learned along her journey.

Congratulations Newty! :bravo:

I upcanned the Queen G auto this morning but I'll post about it tomorrow. For now...

That's what I think every time I visit LKA's tent lol!!!
One of the things that's great about this site is that it never turns into a pissing contest even when we are so jealous of other folks' plants!
Thanks for getting everyone straight Shed.
It has been proven there is no difference in weight, taste, or thc content in Hydro applications. Agreed.
I currently grow in a Soil based medium.. I flush for the build up of excess salts that can reduce the uptake of water and cause nutrient lockout.
I believe the noted breakdown of chlorophyll can be somewhat appealing also. However this experiment stated the opposite.
Thanks for stopping by WD, and :welcome: to my perpetual journal! There are times I would definitely recommend flushing the soil clean (I've done it myself a few times!), but that's not what most folks mean when they ask "should I start my pre-harvest flush?"

And if you are juicing your fans and hate the taste of the green, then having the plant use them up toward the end might make them taste better (would they be as good for you though?), but if you give you're trying to get the green out of the flowers that ain't gonna happen as the research shows. Better to do that with correct drying and curing. My buds have no chlorophyll taste by the time they end up in bowl or joint.

:thumb:
Pretty close. She picked up white flies the other day, I welcome them. Maybe they’ll add weight
Oof! Make sure you weigh it before they fly away. 🛸
I've loosely followed her journey via Insta...quite an accomplishment for sure...cheerz to Newty! ...h00k...
She set a goal when she left and made determined and steady progress toward this most excellent recognition! Hard work and amazing talent really can pay off. :)
That’s an awesome story. Big life change, social worker to award winning grower. Give me plants over people problems any day!
I'm sure she has a few people problems overseeing that business, just not quite as many as her old job. :cheesygrinsmiley:
I'm happy for Newty! Always a straight shooter! She looks like a star in that pic!
She is mos def a star! 🌠
I cant believe this journal is still going...been gone like 3 years and one of my favs is still here!
Cheers to you Shed
Howdy jesse, and :welcome: back to the site! I'm still going, growing, and adding to this journal since Oct 2017. Nice to have you swing by to say hi. :ciao:

Hey it's me again, with a early morning Saturday update for y'all.

I upcanned the Queen G auto on Thursday (day 18) so here's how that went:

Before, it was a little droopy because I missed a day of watering:

Roots, early enough to keep con from worrying I hope:

Into a 5 gallon GeoPot of Fox Farms Ocean Forest:

And here are the autos side by side. Ruby Tuesday auto (right) is three days and light years ahead of the QGa:

And speaking of the RTa, I figured while the first node was still on I'd remove the lowers on it, so only the ends will grow:

That's how I handle my photos so I'm treating this the same.

I bumped the light to 150w and raised it up (it's about 77ºF in there with the tent closed up and the door to that room closed as well), and the RTa is around 32,000 lux. QGa is less but I'm keeping it low while it recovers from the transplant as it still looks a bit droopy.

I hope your weekend is off to a great start! :slide:

And here are the autos side by side. Ruby Tuesday auto (right) is three days and light years ahead of the QGa:

And speaking of the RTa, I figured while the first node was still on I'd remove the lowers on it, so only the ends will grow:

I bumped the light to 150w and raised it up (it's about 77ºF in there with the tent closed up and the door to that room closed as well), and the RTa is around 32,000 lux. QGa is less but I'm keeping it low while it recovers from the transplant as it still looks a bit droopy.

How many plants can you fit inside? (Assume normal sized plants not Nick Sized Autos!)

nice transplant, Lol you're obviously more comfortable transplanting autos than i am, hope your weekend is great

Back
Top Bottom