InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Have you ever tried the Lebowski challenge? Whenever the Dude had a Caucasian or a joint you have to match him. It's not pretty.
No but I did purchase a book called “I’m a lebowki, your a lebowski, etc” and it told me to make some White Russians. So I picked up a big bottle of rum and milk and ice. Got smashed reading this book about the behind the scenes making of the movie.

I had THE worst hangover the next day. Good times lol

No but I did purchase a book called “I’m a lebowki, your a lebowski, etc” and it told me to make some White Russians. So I picked up a big bottle of rum and milk and ice. Got smashed reading this book about the behind the scenes making of the movie.

You made your own challenge. Lol. Close enough.

You get plenty of sunshine up there Homer (and longer days to be sure), you're just not growing in it! Thanks for checking in. :)

Happy to check-in Shed and see what you are up to. I am constantly impressed with your broad knowledge about just about everything so I didn't check to prove you wrong but to see if I was wrong but actually you do have longer days than us. This time of year LA gets 14 hrs and 50 minutes of daylight but we only get 14 hrs and 42 minutes in Niagara so you do get 8 extra minutes. :nerd-with-glasses:

actually you do have longer days than us.
We're at 13:54 daylight and Niagra Falls Ontairo is 14:38

I was always under the impression that the further north you go in summer, the longer the days, right up to the arctic circle where the sun doesn't set. I could be completely mis-remembering earth science though. That was 1973.

"In June, the North Pole is at its closest to the Sun, and it’s pointing inwards, towards the Sun at an angle. When that happens, the whole northern hemisphere reaches the sunlight earlier and leaves it later as the Earth spins in space. When you’re looking at it from the surface of the Earth, the Sun rises earlier, and sets later.

It’s pretty extreme too. By the time you’re north of 45, you’ll get sunrises that are as early as 5:30 am, and sunsets around 9:30 pm or so. Once you get north of 60, the daylight’s nearly round the clock."

From here.

We're at 13:54 daylight and Niagra Falls Ontairo is 14:38

I was always under the impression that the further north you go in summer, the longer the days, right up to the arctic circle where the sun doesn't set. I could be completely mis-remembering earth science though. That was 1973.

"In June, the North Pole is at its closest to the Sun, and it’s pointing inwards, towards the Sun at an angle. When that happens, the whole northern hemisphere reaches the sunlight earlier and leaves it later as the Earth spins in space. When you’re looking at it from the surface of the Earth, the Sun rises earlier, and sets later.

It’s pretty extreme too. By the time you’re north of 45, you’ll get sunrises that are as early as 5:30 am, and sunsets around 9:30 pm or so. Once you get north of 60, the daylight’s nearly round the clock."

From here.

I should have known you were right..... :oops:

I am struggling with why you thought getting a gut full of white russians was a good idea.

But anything by the Coens is amazing.

Lots of fantastic looking plants Shed! Excellent update
That’s about perfect! Nice going sir
Thanks Amy! :ciao:
Another Great update Shed i hope one day to get to your level of growing with just a few less plants
Me too SB, me too!

----------------------------------------------

The Tuesday update is just to talk about Southern Ag Garden Friendly Fungicide. I had high hope for this product with @bobrown14's recommendation, but after using it for a couple of weeks, it doesn't seem to be having any effect on the botrytis bud-rot, nor on the powdery mildew, which is spreading on the IIP as well as the DTF and the Sour G.

The mixing instructions say 1 tsp/gallon, so I'm using ¼ tsp in a 32 ounce spray bottle. It's not helping!

I mean, maybe these would look a lot worse if I hadn't soaked them, but the brown is definitely taking over more of the buds than when I first found the rot. And for it to have no effect on the PM is even worse! I cleaned the leaves with full-strength 3% H2O2 on a cotton ball, and I'll spray all the plants with that tomorrow morning if it comes back.

What a strange summer this is turning into, I must say. :confused:

Hey Shed, I appreciate the honorable mention there! Personal bests lead us to higher personal goals. I've landed in the area of not every plant is going to be a record setter or jaw dropper. But every once in a while we get that one plant with all The Right Stuff!

I've been lucky about that Northern Lights, I popped one seed and her lineage continues!!! All the clones are alive and well and have roots of some size and shape to show for it, thanks again for the tutorial and to Beez0404 for pioneering the technique in total! The PC is gonna make it too, they are all breathing for themselves and off life support!

Speaking of Clones. I noticed on couple of yours said 'MonsterCrop" . Is there a difference between that and the normal clones?

Speaking of Clones. I noticed on couple of yours said 'MonsterCrop" . Is there a difference between that and the normal clones?
Monstercrop clones are cut from a plant in flower, usually in the first two weeks after flip (before they really have to go through a big reveg). They are known to produce a lot more branching and bud-sites. Different shape if you're used to training seed plants but worth it for the harvest!
Man brother that's some hard luck. Hope mother nature straightens things out with a little help.
Thanks Derby! The BC is the only one with the rot. I'm hoping the H2O2 will handle the PM.

Sorry for the bad luck, Shed.

Back
Top Bottom