InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

When I grew outside last year the plants had the hardest strongest stems I’ve ever had. Totally solid through, no hollowness at all. That was in minerally amended soil, all organic DIY plants based teas and foliars. I know this recent plant I ran had something seriously off somewhere in the scheme of things. I could tell while it was growing, but couldn’t describe what I was seeing. It’s pretty clear now tho’. So whether the gnats or my soil mix, I’m hoping to work it out soon. Will need to talk it through with DocB and see what we an diagnose.

I haven’t done any more research about the stem thing and minerals/calcium since I was making my soil amendments more than a year ago. I do know that all the effort to mineralise soil is in large part about getting good strong stems. The plants that I got the calcium balance closer to optimum for had the strongest stems of all. I was pretty sure it’s a thing. Sorry I can’t direct you to a reference of any kind. I’ll peruse my hard drive and email in case something pops up easily :)
:Namaste:

My mains typically are not hollow. It's the secondary branching that get that way. It could be in part do to the protected indoor environment where we use fans to create a gentle breeze unlike when they are outside and get weighted down with wet leaves and blown around violently at times during storms.

Personally I wouldn't loose sleep over it. The cross sectional area is the greatest along the outside diameter/perimeter of the stem. The center section can't flow nearly as much.

Just doing a drive-by to say Congrats on the Plant last month. Keepem Green

Sure can WeenB! Let me begin by saying that the cooking thread I hang out in is this one:
Cooking with The Chronic
but if you want a basic gummy recipe, here's the last one I made:
InTheShed Grows Autos & Photos, Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Skip the first half of the post and get right to the pics of the Jello.

The most important thing to keep in mind though is making the oil you're using strong enough to do what you want. That's a whole other post. Let me know if you want to get serious and calculate the strength of your oil! I get more detailed than a lot of people care about :).

:welcome: to my slice of the 420magazine pie!

hell yes I'd like to get REALLY ULTRA serious about calculating. I'd like all the detail you'd like to share. I am a sponge

Thanks @Amy Gardner ! That leans it more toward calcium so I'll be making more eggshells and vinegar soon.
unlike when they are outside and get weighted down with wet leaves and blown around violently at times during storms.

Personally I wouldn't loose sleep over it. The cross sectional area is the greatest along the outside diameter/perimeter of the stem. The center section can't flow nearly as much.
None of my plants are ever weighted down with rain and only occasionally get buffeted by strong winds. I'm really interested to see how my second one looks.
Just doing a drive-by to say Congrats on the Plant last month. Keepem Green
Thanks Norcali!
Started the light build yet? I had an accident with Poseidon last night don't know how much is toast yet but the blocks are leaking... ordered four more strips now, the right strips this time. :)
Damn! Sorry to hear about that. Are you giving up on it or doing more dumpster diving?
hell yes I'd like to get REALLY ULTRA serious about calculating. I'd like all the detail you'd like to share. I am a sponge
Welcome WeenBoss! Glad to have you along :). I won't be around much today but I'll get you all the math bits tomorrow. :thumb:

Off to the auto show! :wheels:

Off to the auto show! :wheels:

Excellent Shed....looking forward to working with you. I actually found these jello, like cookie cutters in different animal shapes...I'm hoping to have some fun with that.
Do you happen to have a classic car? Or are you just into them, or does that have nothing to do with cars? hahaha
@weenmeoff has a nice one, if you're interested in seeing it.

It's just a fun thing to do with my son that I can still get him to do with me! I am actually in the market this year though so I'll be more focused.

This is the Los Angeles Auto show so it's almost every car maker showing off their wares. There is a room down below the convention center with a lot of classic cars though. Never owned one though because I grew up in New York City!

Damn! Sorry to hear about that. Are you giving up on it or doing more dumpster diving?

I think if only the pump is ok I can get it up and running again. The dumpsters are unreliable, sometimes there is a gold mine and I can't carry it all. Other times they are empty. Sometimes I feel like a real bum diving in there and searching for my treasure... :D

My mains typically are not hollow. It's the secondary branching that get that way. It could be in part do to the protected indoor environment where we use fans to create a gentle breeze unlike when they are outside and get weighted down with wet leaves and blown around violently at times during storms.

I kinda feel like it's more of an observation and not something that needs troubleshooting, at the end of the day it's the bud I am worried over.

We used to do the car show in Sydney, back when...

I’ll never forget the comfort of the drivers seat in a black Alfa Romeo 147 (I’m sure it being black was a contributing factor :rofl:). Man, that would be driving heaven. Even if I could’ve afforded it then I could never have justified its petrol guzzling tendencies though.

If I was in the market with little budget restraints... not that you asked, but what the hey... I’d go an Audi A1 - beautiful little car. With budget restraints, a Suzuki swift - almost as cute as the Audi - or an electric/hybrid. With no budget restraints whatsoever... I’d get a Tesla.
:smokin: I love cars (weird because I’m realising as I write this that I can’t really travel in them so well anymore, and definitely can’t drive ATM... bugger :hmmmm:)

The "Dream " of it is the key, as much advertising shows. Zoom down the road, when most is really waiting in traffic. ( at least in this area) I'm definitely in the car culture, it permeates everything and I need a newer car to replace my 89, it's wearing out & I'm unable to live without a car. I get tired walking :Namaste:

Hope you enjoyed the auto show with your boy!
We had a fun time, thanks Dutch! There's not a lot left he's willing to do with me so that made it even better. I'm also going to drag his ass off the computer and get some baseball practice in before the season starts. Gotta love Los Angeles in the winter! I played softball in shorts my first New Year's Day here :).

congrats on the harvest shed! the color fade on that plant is pretty sweet, fat buds super nice . Also havent told you congrats on the contest win yet, you the man!
Thanks LED! This place makes it easy to hang around :ciao:.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Holy moly! Finally caught up on what I missed this weekend and couldn't even find my own journal. Buried on page 3 :rolleyes:.

Monday update...

Not a lot of plant pics though I did grab this on Saturday night after trimming the BT1:

Okay, that was the only plant pic I have!

They're hanging in a box in the shed with a fan on holes I drilled in the side, sitting around 60% RH this morning. I'm hoping for a few more days at least before I have to cut them down. I should be able to hit that as it's supposed to rain tomorrow night and Wednesday.

The Candidas have survived the planting and look about the same as they put out new roots. They even survived the cold as I didn't get them moved in the shed until the temps had dropped to about 57º outside. Something is eating a few of the clones in the solo cups so I've been spraying everything except the Candidas and the BT2 with iso/water every morning. I'll give that a week and see if I've short-circuited the life cycle of whatever it is.

Speaking of short-circuiting, I have not started the light build yet (@CraZysWeeD and @nobodyhere) as I await the frame bits. As soon as I have all the parts laid out I will get it rolling and take pics for anyone who wants to follow along. Of course I will black out the name brands from the pics to comply with the 420mag guidelines for light builds.

----------------------------------------------------------

We used to do the car show in Sydney, back when...
I’ll never forget the comfort of the drivers seat in a black Alfa Romeo 147 (I’m sure it being black was a contributing factor :rofl:). Man, that would be driving heaven. Even if I could’ve afforded it then I could never have justified its petrol guzzling tendencies though.
If I was in the market with little budget restraints... not that you asked, but what the hey... I’d go an Audi A1 - beautiful little car. With budget restraints, a Suzuki swift - almost as cute as the Audi - or an electric/slash hybrid. With no budget restraints whatsoever... I’d get a Tesla.
I love cars (weird because I’m realising as I write this that I can’t really travel in them so well anymore, and definitely can’t drive ATM... bugger :hmmmm:)
We didn't get into too many of the high end cars because many were locked and I thought I'd focus on cars in my price range. I'm leaning electric this time (possibly plug-in hybrid) as my commute is about 16 miles/day. The Chevy Bolt seemed like the best electric (not counting the Tesla 3 of course...for an extra 10 grand +). I have the feeling that a Chevy dealership would give me the most on a trade in for my Cruze.

If I don't go that route I will test drive the new Mazda 3 when it comes out this spring and see how it feels in a stick. Nice looking car!

I took a few pics just for fun:
We took the train which is so much easier...especially if you get a ride to the train station which is nowhere near my house! Here is the LA convention center:

Ford GT...no you can't get in this one!

Aston Martin...no you can't get in this one either!

Customized Lambo...nor this one :).

There is some great artwork in the customizer's room downstairs:

Lowrider for @nobodyhere :

And back on the Expo line to the west side. Don't get on the Blue Line train that runs on the same platform like we did ;):

And of course we had to get picked up as well! Take the car to the train :). Too far even for electric scooters. Eventually there should be a stop within a few miles of my house. Eventually. Laying tracks takes a bit of time. :confused:

That's it for me! Hope that wasn't too much off-topic for y'all. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom