InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Just decarb your weed and stop arguing. The internal temps of what your baking do not reach decarb temps for any length of time. Time + temp = decarb.
im not arguing i was taken by surprise that i was not fully educated on buttermaking ... im glad i brought it up lol

The “time plus temperature” confusion is pretty widespread. I hear it a lot. In pottery we have a standard that measures time plus temp, called “cone”. There is a pyrometric cone that is produced by a supplier who’s action under time and temperature is standardized and used for measurement. It’s not enough to get something up to temperature, but it’s the work of heat over time that’s needed.

I like to give the example of a cake. A typical temperature to bake a cake would be about 350F/175c. But the critical piece is time. We aren’t aiming for the cake to reach 350F/175c, if it did, it would be a lump of charcoal. The cake coming out of the oven will actually be closer to about 212F/100c or less at the end of its bake time.

So, we know it’s possible to decarb at low temps, but if you left your batch of brownies in the oven long enough for the internal temperature to effectively decarb your canna butter or oil, your brownies will be charcoal brickettes. Or at best, dried out zwieback.

Now, if your goal is zwieback or biscotti....it may be possible to activate your canabinoids while baking. I’m not going to take the risk though. Lol

The “time plus temperature” confusion is pretty widespread. I hear it a lot. In pottery we have a standard that measures time plus temp, called “cone”. There is a pyrometric cone that is produced by a supplier who’s action under time and temperature is standardized and used for measurement. It’s not enough to get something up to temperature, but it’s the work of heat over time that’s needed.

I like to give the example of a cake. A typical temperature to bake a cake would be about 350F/175c. But the critical piece is time. We aren’t aiming for the cake to reach 350F/175c, if it did, it would be a lump of charcoal. The cake coming out of the oven will actually be closer to about 212F/100c or less at the end of its bake time.

So, we know it’s possible to decarb at low temps, but if you left your batch of brownies in the oven long enough for the internal temperature to effectively decarb your canna butter or oil, your brownies will be charcoal brickettes. Or at best, dried out zwieback.

Now, if your goal is zwieback or biscotti....it may be possible to activate your canabinoids while baking. I’m not going to take the risk though. Lol
fair enough

I do both ^6 and lowfire at ^05.

D0F3F3F5-AAD6-4B8C-98A5-EF72653F84B0.jpegB353D318-113A-42CF-9328-71809D971AA2.jpeg53091CE9-9004-4F2B-ABFA-3A767E72460C.jpegC285F370-FF55-4419-BDC3-458F08247758.jpeg3A3F1978-3E5B-498C-A6F7-1A70B0F9A4C4.jpeg

I haven't had a chance to glaze in a while (I've got three kiln-loads waiting) because the shed it where all my glazes are! Here are some older pieces:
The first one is a cactus toothbrush/toothpaste holder! It has wide sides because the person who requested it needed it to fit those battery powered toothbrushes...
IMG_6896.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_6591.jpg
    IMG_6591.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7854.jpg
    IMG_7854.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 29
I hope this clarifies what we were talking about earlier. If it's still confusing I'd bring that up at parent-teacher conferences.

On another note, look who was up to say :ciao: when I got home!

My dad has a pain under his left arm so that's what we talked about tonight. They gave him some tramadol and put him to bed. We'll see what tomorrow brings!
Hope that’s candida comes along well buddy and your dad gets some relief he is in good hands by the sounds of it ✊

Back
Top Bottom