InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Woohoo for Blue Treacle :cheer: totally awesome turnaround Shed man!!
:bravo:

I’m hoping for the same performance from this early Miss I have. It was stunted early by my fungus gnat problem so I didn’t bend it like I might have (which would been like you do, actually). But it’s back on track and super healthy looking despite the existence of various pests in my garden (plenty of predators too :) ). Today it looks like this - at about day 45 I think (supposed to be a 55-60 days strain) - and I think I can let it go for a while yet so I’m really hoping it’ll bulk up just like BT1 :D Do you think so?

372B5C46-2660-4BBD-9BC8-73FB6F1F5CF1.jpeg

I want to make some capsules but I can't get rid of the wife long enough. I haven't tried it yet but I can only imagine the smell.
MadDab's wife doesn't like the smell even though she's okay (just okay ;)) with the growing. If your wife isn't onboard with 90 minutes of decarb smell she probably won't like the 8 hours of infusion!

I’m hoping for the same performance from this early Miss I have. It was stunted early by my fungus gnat problem so I didn’t bend it like I might have (which would been like you do, actually). But it’s back on track and super healthy looking despite the existence of various pests in my garden (plenty of predators too :) ). Today it looks like this - at about day 45 I think (supposed to be a 55-60 days strain) - and I think I can let it go for a while yet so I’m really hoping it’ll bulk up just like BT1 :D Do you think so?
I do! That's turned into a really healthy plant though it looks like it's gonna be hell to trim :). I'd tuck those big fans though. Might need to do Extreme Leaf Tucking®
20170628_190856.jpg

Hey Amy!

372B5C46-2660-4BBD-9BC8-73FB6F1F5CF1.jpeg

Your EM is looking great! The bud formation is way different then mine but she looks nice and healthy! Glad yours is the “auto” lol

MadDab's wife doesn't like the smell even though she's okay (just okay ;)) with the growing. If your wife isn't onboard with 90 minutes of decarb smell she probably won't like the 8 hours of infusion!

I do! That's turned into a really healthy plant though it looks like it's gonna be hell to trim :). I'd tuck those big fans though. Might need to do Extreme Leaf Tucking®
20170628_190856.jpg

Strap er down shed! No rest for them lol

do Extreme Leaf Tucking®
I love Extreme Leaf Tucking®

I did it a lot last season.

This one is getting the ‘laid back’ treatment, which opens it up to the angle of the sun (that’s what the green garden tie is doing there - I set it loose overnight). I’ll check it later when I’m out there tho’ cause no reason I can’t be doing both!
:thumb:

Man I need Amy and shed to come breed these autos for me cause I fail with autos! Both of yours look amazing.

Idk the wife may be upset. But the thai turkey bowls are doing more tha both the bacon and or the "corn" as little one calls it.

@SamSmith go for it when shes out of house for 2 hours. Begin with decarb then 30 mins in pop some corn, then cook a savory meal or make bacon in the last few mins, combined with moving said container out of wifes nose-range. And then infuse overnight. Or just dont try at all cause DAYMN MAN! I had no issue with the strawbweey kush/ Malawi blend, but this atf malawi blend is a but much. I know it stinks when I can smell it lmfao!

Gonna clean the MB2 and go go yooooo. Thanks again shed. And hopefully I'll have a ton of auto GG4 ×grape krush× pineapple Express for us all to run outdoors come summer!

Man I need Amy and shed to come breed these autos for me cause I fail with autos! Both of yours look amazing.

Idk the wife may be upset. But the thai turkey bowls are doing more tha both the bacon and or the "corn" as little one calls it.

@SamSmith go for it when shes out of house for 2 hours. Begin with decarb then 30 mins in pop some corn, then cook a savory meal or make bacon in the last few mins, combined with moving said container out of wifes nose-range. And then infuse overnight. Or just dont try at all cause DAYMN MAN! I had no issue with the strawbweey kush/ Malawi blend, but this atf malawi blend is a but much. I know it stinks when I can smell it lmfao!

Gonna clean the MB2 and go go yooooo. Thanks again shed. And hopefully I'll have a ton of auto GG4 ×grape krush× pineapple Express for us all to run outdoors come summer!
LOL! Bacon....yum! You are a man with a plan Them (I think I've said that before). Looking forward to next summer :).

Thanks Joe! Oh, not me. Nmind...
;)
Lmao forgot you were nominated. Sorry cant get behind that vote until I ELECT you lol. No jk. We have some greats at the table this month. But honestly, how hasnt joe won yet?!?!?!o_O. BUT yes, congrats to all those nominated. why are my characters so animated today???

What are you replying to? Decarb happens at 240ºF.

I think there is some debate on this matter Shed, we are finding per lab results that cobbing (a sweat at 105-130 degrees for 24 hours followed by a week at 80-87 degrees) our fresh harvest gives us a high % of the THCa - THC conversion found in your traditional decarbed bud.

So in my mind that means that the heat to time ratio is relative in a much broader range than we are initially thinking. I know I have decarbed on a grill at 205 for 120 min and worked great. I believe its a matter of having sufficient heat at a sufficient length to achieve a decarbed state. I would bet you could probably decarb at 175 degrees for say 6 hours and get the same conversion or close to it when you do 240 for 45 min (or whatever length you are using). Bottom line is there is a chemical conversion that is resulting from heating the bud up for a certain period of time.

Having said that, by all means use known good times and temps if you aren't willing to experiment and possibly lose bud. Much safer going with a specific known time temp combo than just winging it. But I wanted to share that addition bit of info to others that might not follow the cob thread. Cheers brother!

20170628_190856.jpg

I think there is some debate on this matter Shed, we are finding per lab results that cobbing (a sweat at 105-130 degrees for 24 hours followed by a week at 80-87 degrees) our fresh harvest gives us a high % of the THCa - THC conversion found in your traditional decarbed bud.

So in my mind that means that the heat to time ratio is relative in a much broader range than we are initially thinking. I know I have decarbed on a grill at 205 for 120 min and worked great. I believe its a matter of having sufficient heat at a sufficient length to achieve a decarbed state. I would bet you could probably decarb at 175 degrees for say 6 hours and get the same conversion or close to it when you do 240 for 45 min (or whatever length you are using). Bottom line is there is a chemical conversion that is resulting from heating the bud up for a certain period of time.

Having said that, by all means use known good times and temps if you aren't willing to experiment and possibly lose bud. Much safer going with a specific known time temp combo than just winging it. But I wanted to share that addition bit of info to others that might not follow the cob thread. Cheers brother!
Thanks Van! I hadn't seen any lab test on cobs so I had no idea that it would decarb at those temps! Most people use the chart publicized on the skunkpharmresearch.com website:
decarboxylation-graph-1-11.jpg

Or this one on the NIH website:
fig-8.jpg

There are other studies done (I can't locate the pdf I'm looking for at the moment though) but they all reach similar conclusions.

I figure that since the goal of decarbing weed is to move on to the next stage of the process (as opposed to cobbing which is an end in and of itself), I think that 240º is a good temperature to stick with. In an ideal world it would probably be 230ºF (110ºC) and only for 30 minutes, but I try to account for the vagaries of the oven, the dampness of the buds, and the insulating properties of aluminum foil.

I remember reading in one of SweetSue's thread where someone postulated that a low temperature for a long time might be ineffective because of the minimum temp that is needed to remove the carbon atom from the chain. Not every catalyst is a catalyst at all concentrations.

Do the cob results mean that cobs do not need to be heated and therefore can produce the same effects as smoking but without any heat (like eating it would be the same as traditionally-made edibles)?

I'd love to see the cob test results!

Back
Top Bottom