InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

There is a talent to getting them tall enough so you can work with them without them getting too tall or woody to bend. Like you stated, each plant is different.

Things are looking good. That branch that is behind should catch up. It seems like they make flowers on the easiest branches first but when it gets to full on flowering they take off as long as they are getting light.

Attachments

• 20170815_075543.jpg
    20170815_075543.jpg
    963.8 KB · Views: 128
Friday update!

It's the last day of the work week for me and that always makes me happy as I've usually got plant plans for the weekend. This weekend it will be up-canning the AK-47 to its final 10g home and topping the Peyote Critical and seeing if I can get the top to root.

In the meantime, everything looks pretty much the same (I did take a thumbnail to the tops of the potted AK clones yesterday) with the exception of the Blue Treacle auto 2, day 43. It's almost in full flower, with only the "lowest" buds still working on putting out pistils, as you'll see. Pardon the droop in the pics, it was really thirsty this morning. It's drinking a lot compared to its older sibling.

Let's start with the overview. The apical stem is at 11:00, and though it's not the longest (as it would have been had it not been trained), it is furthest along in pistil production:

And here is the side view so you can see the canopy:

Now on to some closer shots of how the pistils are developing at different spots. Here is the apical cola, which is already starting to stack:

Next is the top cola on what is now the longest branch at around 3:00 above:

And here you can see how far behind the inside colas are (the ones that would have been completely shaded by the rest of the plant had it been left untrained). It's still going to stretch a bit before it flowers:

Because the plant is still stretching in places, I haven't completely changed over to flower nutes. But today was the last watering that included Grow Big. Into a gallon of water went:
½ tsp Pro-tekt
3 ml cal-mag+
¼ tsp Grow Big
¾ tsp Tiger Bloom
2 tbs Big Bloom

Next watering will be no GB and a full tsp of TB. After that I will bump the Big Bloom to 3 tbs.

Once stretch is complete I will get under the plant and cull the small buds growing in the dark. What I discovered having done this before, is that I ended up with a lot of damp pale green buds that I didn't know existed hidden under the canopy. All that energy could have gone to the buds that were going to live up to their potential, so I'll be plucking and bagging those pretty early on. I'll basically leave only what you can see in the overhead shot (leaf tucking notwithstanding).

That's my update! I hope your Friday is progressing nicely and your plants are healthy and green.
:Namaste:

Nice update Shed ! BT looks to be shaping up nicely! Once the buds start growing and filling in I’m sure she will be an eye catcher!

Hope your well pal

Nice update Shed ! BT looks to be shaping up nicely! Once the buds start growing and filling in I’m sure she will be an eye catcher!
Hope your well pal
Thanks Dutch! If it keeps up this pace I'll feel better about autos again :).
That one turned out really nice shed.
I know right? That was part of my first grow (two BBa's and an AK-47a), and that plant gave me over 4 ounces dried!! Never gotten close to that from an auto since :oops:. Thanks Sam!

Thanks Crazy! I'm trying to replicate this so we'll see how close I get to Blue 2 in August 2017:

Maybe you should be working with landscaping Shed. :) I'm sure you will get there, that is/was a nice plant.

I think all my plants look the same. Not quite maybe but almost. I think I topped the Spliff Berry too early... There is only one shoot looking potentially enough to get going. Must have cut off too much....

Shed, these are absolutely stunning!
I love the way your grows seem to follow a certain form. Very stylish. They look beautifully healthy, too. Glad I'm following you!

Back
Top Bottom