InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

How much are you guys allowed to have in your house?

Sorry edit: Sam in Canada we’re allowed to have unlimited within the household.
Carry up to 30grams on person and during travel. Pretty sweet! I’m trying to figure out if the 4plant rule is strictly to “all” plants or only ones in flower? Isn’t very detailed hmmm

Hey everyone !! Been MIA since yesterday and come back to 200+ notifications jeez!

Haha but hope everyone is doing well !

Daaaam Shed you get enough clones? Lol Good on yea pal hope they all root and you got a frenzy on your hands lol a good frenzy of course !

Keep medicated brother!

I would like to find the true laws regarding the plant count! If your allowed unlimited vegging or clones and only 4 flowering plants well then I’ll have every stage of growth in my house lol ! Seeds going down daily
#the good life
This from the Canadian Department of Justice makes it sound like it's 4 plants total (link here):
What is legal as of October 17, 2018
Subject to provincial or territorial restrictions, adults who are 18 years of age or older are legally able to:
  • possess up to 30 grams of legal cannabis, dried or equivalent in non-dried form in public
  • share up to 30 grams of legal cannabis with other adults
  • buy dried or fresh cannabis and cannabis oil from a provincially-licensed retailer
    • in provinces and territories without a regulated retail framework, individuals are able to purchase cannabis online from federally-licensed producers
  • grow, from licensed seed or seedlings, up to 4 cannabis plants per residence for personal use
  • make cannabis products, such as food and drinks, at home as long as organic solvents are not used to create concentrated products

She’s never had one and isn’t a huge smoker. I am though and I have been getting her more and more into CBD and edibles as she has chrones and a slipped spinal disc with nerve damage. I’ve been helping her medicate more over the last year. She works in the medical field as a nurse and always had to be cautious of the “weed” at work. Now that it’s here and legal she is opening up more to it! If she gets her card I’ll be allowed up to 30 plants !

She’s never had one and isn’t a huge smoker. I am though and I have been getting her more and more into CBD and edibles as she has chrones and a slipped spinal disc with nerve damage. I’ve been helping her medicate more over the last year. She works in the medical field as a nurse and always had to be cautious of the “weed” at work. Now that it’s here and legal she is opening up more to it! If she gets her card I’ll be allowed up to 30 plants !
Cool beans! :)

Not her medical conditions of course...those suck. I'm sure you'll find strains that will help with what ails her.

I’ve got 3 strains for her directly related to her pains and issues and she has truly noticed a big difference! She enjoys edibles but she eats 1/8th of one of my cookies and she catches a good buZz for hours lol! So she enjoys light edibles which I bake for her and then a small puff here and there. I have CBD tincture that she uses everyday when she wakes up and she finds relief from that within the hour usually so I’m really happy it’s helping her! She has gotten off of 2 pain meds/inflammation pills in the past 6months with me helping her dose so here’s to getting it even better !

I’ve got 3 strains for her directly related to her pains and issues and she has truly noticed a big difference! She enjoys edibles but she eats 1/8th of one of my cookies and she catches a good buZz for hours lol! So she enjoys light edibles which I bake for her and then a small puff here and there. I have CBD tincture that she uses everyday when she wakes up and she finds relief from that within the hour usually so I’m really happy it’s helping her! She has gotten off of 2 pain meds/inflammation pills in the past 6months with me helping her dose so here’s to getting it even better !
That's great news Dutch! Congratulations to you both on being able to wean her off the pills :thumb:.

ever since i started the MJ i have been practically free of artritis on the hipjoint, knowing that i am only a few years away from the age when my dad got his first operation , his mom had 3! and i am happily trucking along painfree and will for sure outlast my dad before i need my new hipjoint ... + i kicked my benzo habbit in a mere few days + my coke habbit in weeks ... there is no one medicine that can claim the same efficacy ...

@Pterostychus

Would you happen to know, or be able to figure out which mite a may be dealing with?

My initial search some weeks ago left me thinking it was a mold mite. I used the bug id guide and found tyrophagus and saproglyphus to be the most similar. Well! Turns out tyrophagus is a mold/cheese/grain mite!

The only other option would be a sancassania, or so I believe! Just not sure why the would be making home on my leaves rather than the decomposing stuff in the soil. But I'm pretty sure they are the cause of leaf damage ive been having. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Heres where they like to stay at base of leaf, 95% of the time. Btw, the infestation is NOWHERE near what it was in this pic.

0826181459b.jpg

And this is what they're doing to the leaves..or so I think!

it for sure is some kind of mite ... and yes that seems to be its leafdamage ... its not good, no matter what species we determine it to be...
since you are deep in flower i see only two options either get ladybugs to get them in check or even eradicate them, or dust the leafs with foodgrade DE... in both cases i would do a budwash afterwards

@Pterostychus
Would you happen to know, or be able to figure out which mite a may be dealing with?
it for sure is some kind of mite ... and yes that seems to be its leafdamage ... its not good, no matter what species we determine it to be...
since you are deep in flower i see only two options either get ladybugs to get them in check or even eradicate them, or dust the leafs with foodgrade DE... in both cases i would do a budwash afterwards
Hey Laquer! I'm going to contradict Pt here and say never use diatomaceous earth on a plant in flower. As the plant matures it will incorporate the dust into the buds and can't be washed off after harvest. It's something you never want in your lungs. If you are only making ingestibles then it's fine, but if you smoke it, no DE. I would try spinosad alternating with a 1:9 mix of 70% isopropyl alcohol and water. First take off any dying leaves to make it easier to spray the surviving ones.

Hey Laquer! I'm going to contradict Pt here and say never use diatomaceous earth on a plant in flower. As the plant matures it will incorporate the dust into the buds and can't be washed off after harvest. It's something you never want in your lungs. If you are only making ingestibles then it's fine, but if you smoke it, no DE. I would try spinosad alternating with a 1:9 mix of 70% isopropyl alcohol and water. First take off any dying leaves to make it easier to spray the surviving ones.
yes i was aware of that but not that it isnt removed with a wash ... the grains of the DE are so small that they block the trachea and sufficates the buggers ... however the same goes for human inhalation its not good ... i have no experience with DE hence my mistake ... thx for correcting me Shed id hate to give bad advice

yes i was aware of that but not that it isnt removed with a wash ... the grains of the DE are so small that they block the trachea and sufficates the buggers ... however the same goes for human inhalation its not good ... i have no experience with DE hence my mistake ... thx for correcting me Shed id hate to give bad advice
No problem Pt. We all just know what we know, so the more folks here the better the info! I did a lot of reading on DE last year when I had the fungus gnats. That's where I picked that up.

i believe this is the culprit:

The broad mite, Polyphagotarsonemus latus (Acari: Tarsonemidae), is a microscopic species of mite found on many species of plants, including important agricultural species such as grapes, apples, and other fruits. Broad mites are also currently affecting cannabis plants, as the industry matures with legalization. The mites are found in many areas throughout the world and are major pests in greenhouses.

A P. latus infestation can cause stunting and twisting of the leaves and flowers, and blackening and death of new growth. The damage resembles that caused by herbicides. The mites prefer areas of high humidity and low temperature, and can be controlled by removing and destroying infested plants, and spraying with an acaricide.

Back
Top Bottom